LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 11th, 2018, 18:09 PM   8901
Ask4joy
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Hi all!

TTC - congrats on your daughter’s pregnancy! Sounds like it is off to a great start!

Miki - that is nice that you are able to ease back into work and didn’t have to hit the ground running. That must make the transition for you and Kai a little bit easier. It sounds like you found an awesome daycare!

Wish - glad you are sticking around! I’m glad to hear things at work are improving and you are feeling ok about staying if the other job doesn’t pan out. And yay for getting a bit more sleep! Hopefully the pattern continues!

Wicky - I am sorry that you’ve been having such a tough time with everything - you are a trooper with all of the things you are dealing with! You are in the home stretch now! May 5th is so close! Exciting and nerve-wracking, I’m sure. It sounds like you had lovely showers. What is still on your “to do list” before baby girl arrives? Have you settled on a name?

Rainy - I do not miss all of the germs I was constantly exposed to as a kindergarten teacher! It definitely toughens up your immune system but ugh!

AFM - I went to L&D this past Monday after feeling kinda crampy and calling my doc. Because of the funneling she saw at my 20 week scan she wanted me to go get checked. Great news - the funneling was gone and my cervix measured 4cm closed! Yay! I was feeling so anxious and that took a big load of worry away! Overall I am feeling pretty good but notice that I feel achy if I’m up on my feet too long. Feeling baby girl kick and move all the time and loving it! We picked out nursery paint this past weekend. DH built this awesome white washed sliding barn door to separate the nursery from our bedroom (it is a separate room but connected by a short hallway and there was no door). Starting to get pretty real!

Old Apr 11th, 2018, 18:18 PM   8902
Rainshiny
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Ttc- congratulations to your daughter!!!! So exciting!!

O... M...G... the promotion circumstances sound sooo shady and illegal. No wonder youíre steamed! Besides youíre gorgeous and the perfect size. Their loss cause you would have done a much better job. The pigs are alive and well...especially these days. Iím so sorry this happened.

Old Apr 12th, 2018, 00:34 AM   8903
mikihope
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Wicky- Iím so glad you dropped in with an update. Poor you, youíve been through so much during this pregnancy Ö But youíre managing so well! Iím so excited that your little is almost here, but Iím sure youíre so nervous. I was too, and it has been the most amazing ride of my life! I too had to be induced at 37 weeks for cholestasis, plus I had gestational diabetes, and baby Kai did really well. I hope that you make it to May 5, but I think earlier is fine too as youíre obviously in good hands! I think you sound pretty prepared, and Wishís list is so helpful (I love the aden + anais swaddle cloths, use those all the time!). I didnít buy anything until 2 weeks before Kai was born, and I sat down and bought everything online in one afternoon. I think itís a ďlearn as you goĒ thing for first time parents, and newborns donít need that many things right away. Just prepare yourself to fall in love with your LO!

TTC- Great news on your daughterís beta numbers! Your poor LO, I hope she gets well soon. And starts walking too! She sounds like a sweet and happy kid

Wish- Yay, great to hear from you! How nice to have that hour to yourself at work. Thanks, gummyís talking, funny faces, and interactive nature is so much fun. He makes me laugh so much. Itís so awesome to hear of your life with your twins! They sound so adorable, with their different personalities (and sizes!) Isnít it a wild and fun ride, seeing their day to day development? Itís incredible how many things change in a short period of time.

Rain- So happy to hear from you, but ugh to the daycare bugs! I guess I have that to look forward to. Yeah, thanks, gummy is sweet and social. I do wonder if heíll forget me as heís having so much fun, but then again Iím relieved that he has such a great and fun daycare. I feel upbeat when I drop him off, itís such a joyful and loving place! Thanks, weíll see if I do ok next week, when I start full time workÖ

AFM- Gummy has managed to roll over from his tummy to his back several times now. Daycare has really helped improve his motor skills! He was behind before, but I think heís on track now. Or at least the doc said so. He had his 4 month vaccinations yesterday. He cried harder than for the 2 month ones but still stopped almost immediately after the shots were done. He was happy and laughing again. Except for being a bit more tired than usual, he's his usual cheery silly self.

Workís going well so far. Pumping at work is a bit embarrassing as I work in an extremely male dominated field. I feel odd carrying my stuff to the lactation room to pump. And the room is immediately opposite this guyís office. He keeps his door open and generally faces the room. The second time I used the room, as I was entering, we caught each otherís eye and we had to greet each other. So awkward.

Oh, and weíre still waiting for news on DHís job application. He received email that he was one of the finalists. Iím going crazy with the waiting now!

Old Apr 12th, 2018, 09:09 AM   8904
Wish2BMom
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

wow so many updates! Loving it!

rainy - yuck on the germy babies! I am not looking forward to that. Glad they are doing well otherwise, though! How's the rest of life for you? Any fun trips planned this year?

ask - oooooh, so happy your funneling closed up!! That's awesome! I'm sure it takes quite the load off your mind.

ttc - yeah, that promo situation sounds so shady. I'm sorry you had to go through that.

miki - that's so wonderful you feel so good about your daycare! I'm also worried that the boys will forget me but I have to get over that and realize it's good for them and they can't possibly forget their Mama!! And great job rolling, Kai!! Our boys still have a ways to go with the rolling. T did once at 7 weeks but hasn't since. How long do you usually do tummy time for?
Glad work is going well too - I agree on the pumping! I even sent my sis and Mom a text yesterday with just 'pumping at work is weird'. They have nice enough Mother's Rooms and they aren't across from anyone's office (thank god, though they are right around the corner from the elevators). Whatever, I'm getting the good stuff for my kids - deal with it people!
FX'ed for your DH getting the job! I hope you hear soon!

any exciting plans this weekend? we just had more visitors in town for the past week staying with us, they just left this morning. We'd prefer no plans but we did say we'd do dinner with a couple. Should be fine but they'd also understand if we postponed. We've just had soooo many things going on since the babies were born -visitors just about every weekend, around those that have stayed with us. A little nuts. Thankfully, we're slowing down and don't have family coming until June now.

Pink played in Boston last night! I wanted to go so badly!!

Old Apr 13th, 2018, 23:00 PM   8905
Wicky78
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Just a quick note but I'll try to write more tomorrow. I was admitted to the hospital after my NST this morning (Friday) because my BP is too high. Long story short, I will be induced Sunday afternoon or sooner, depending on how my BP behaves. I'll be 34 weeks tomorrow so may have a NICU stay. But baby looks great and is measuring 4.5 lbs. It's just my health and safety everyone's keeping an eye on. I feel like I'm in good hands, but a bit in shock that this is happening so soon!

Old Apr 14th, 2018, 13:39 PM   8906
mikihope
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Big to you, Wicky! I believe that you are in great hands, and they will ensure that your little baby girl will be happy and healthy. And of course that you are monitored and well taken care of. I hope that you are feeling excited to meet your baby girl, even though it is a scary time for you. I'll be thinking of you, your DW and baby!

Old Apr 15th, 2018, 14:03 PM   8907
TTC74
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Thinking of you and your LO Wicky! Iím sure youíre in good hands.

Old Apr 17th, 2018, 07:06 AM   8908
terripeachy
Other
BnB Addict

How exciting Wicky!!! How all goes well on Sunday and your health improves as a result.

Old Apr 17th, 2018, 08:19 AM   8909
Ask4joy
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Thinking of you, Wicky and hoping you and baby girl are doing well! Can’t wait to hear your update!

Old Apr 17th, 2018, 10:06 AM   8910
Rainshiny
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Wicky- thinking about you! Just saw your update from Friday. Iím sure itís a whirlwind now and youíre bonding with new baby, so take your time, but would love to hear how youíre both doing and see a pic and hear your birth story (everyoneís experience is uniquely their own) when you have a chance in a few days!!

SEO by vBSEO