LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 14th, 2018, 05:34 AM   8951
terripeachy
Other
BnB Addict

Happy motherís day to all!! I hope you were all treated like queens yesterday. I will officially say that mother's day is my least favorite holiday. Luckily my dad came into town on Friday and so we we went to church, made brunch and then took my SIL out to dinner. I got out of seeing my mil which was kind of nice. I always have to remember that it's just another day, but it's a long 24 hours without my mom and everyone saying happy mother's day to me. I've definitely gotten better about just saying thank you, but just because you're a woman doesn't mean you're a mom. Sigh.

Aah, Arbonne. I like the fruit chews. I guess my only top is to make sure you follow up with people; let them know about the parties and sales and just because they say they're not interested doesn't mean 'no.' it just means not today. Hee hee. Tomorrow is a different story. I'm sure you'll do well. Oh and talk to everyone. I met my Mary kay lady in the post office. You just never know where you'll find someone looking to buy great stuff.

Old May 14th, 2018, 09:30 AM   8952
Wish2BMom
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

the wind blew so now I'm not sure about being a consultant. I got the starter kit and the #s don't make a whole lot of sense. For me to make any impact in my life, I'd have to hustle quite a bit, I think. I have to think about it more. I think I'm already discouraged b/c of that and b/c my first launch has not resulted in the excitement I thought it would. I know that's a completely unfair expectation to put on things, but it's there. Also I've reached out to a lot of my network already and again, the excitement isn't quite there. And I think the money comes from getting other people to sign up as a consultant 'under' me. While I might be successful in getting people to use the products, it's a different game to talk to people about joining the company. Sooo I dunno.

I was thinking of you yesterday. I'm so glad your Dad came into town. Did he visit any of his lady friends along the way? I just picture this smooth cat charming the ladies wherever he goes.

I hope all the mamas in the US were treated like queens too - and Happy first Mother's Day, miki!
Saturday was a year from when we transferred our embies. I didn't post about it on FB - not everyone knows we did IVF and DH is private like that. But it is a day I'll celebrate in my head forever.

Old May 14th, 2018, 10:23 AM   8953
Ask4joy
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Hi ladies! I hope everyone had a happy mother’s day!

I passed by 3 hour GTT with flying colors (perfect levels on all 4 blood draws) - woohoo!

DH was so sweet and gave me a rose quartz “baby bonding bracelet” (rose quartz is meant to promote love/bonding/connection) and a baby handprint/footprint kit and frame for Mother’s Day...also a very sweet card and wrote “Mommy” on the front and of course I cried!

Overall I am doing well. Some lower back pain here and there and sleep isn’t great but isn’t horrible. 14 weeks to go...I’m so excited to meet our baby girl!

Miki - when will you be leaving for your trip? Sounds like an adventure! Will you be visiting family? I’m sure the decision to stop pumping isn’t an easy one but like you said, Gummy is happy and healthy and the time will be better spent bonding with him!

Rain - so sorry you are/were sick. Hope you are on the mend! Your LOs sound adorable...attitude and all.

TTC - glad to hear all is going smoothly so far with your DD’s pregnancy! Exciting times!

Wish - yay for rolling during tummy time! Sounds like the twins are doing great! I just visited my friend who has 6 week old boy/girl twins (she also has an almost 2 year old!). Seriously, I give you twin mamas so much credit! Supermoms.

Terri - I’m sorry about mother’s day. Holidays can definitely be tough when you’ve experienced loss.

Has anyone heard anything from Wicky? Hoping she is just caught up in being a new mama and all is well!

Old May 14th, 2018, 19:33 PM   8954
TTC74
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Ask - Great news about the GTT!

Wish - I hear you about the consultant gig. Iíve tried it. I hated it because of the pyramid structure. I donít want to nor can I convince others to sign up to be consultants!

Terri - I hear you about Motherís Day. People need to be more sensitive about people who cannot or choose not to be parents. I saw many posts on FB saying such this year, and I thought that was really cool.

AFM - nothing new to report. Unless. . . Did I tell everyone that Bella is now a full time walker? Took her long enough! Almost 15 months on the dot! Also, weíve finally embraced her curly little locks! We kept trying to style her hair because they will brush out (just notwell!).

Attached Images
File Type: jpg D324D2AB-3AE3-45D5-B2CB-D91C6500F7AE.jpg (27.1 KB, 2 views)

Old May 15th, 2018, 07:12 AM   8955
Wish2BMom
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

omigosh, TTC, she's SUCH a doll!! those curls are to die for! Congrats on walking, little Bella!

ask - meant to congratulate you on passing the GTT!! Well done!! Your Mother's Day sounds lovely - how thoughtful of DH.

The wind blew again and I'm back on track with the consultant thing. I don't want to give up after just a week. That's not me. (well, maybe it IS me but I want to change a bit). I talked to my coach and we are going to set a plan and not look at things so holistically, which was overwhelming me. If I can make an additional $500/mo to start - awesome. If that becomes easy and I want to set a next goal to $1k/mo, awesome. Little by little. It will take a long time to actually replace my current income so I'm not even thinking that far right now. Still seems unattainable. But I'll stick with it!
Anyone want to host a party??

Old May 17th, 2018, 06:30 AM   8956
terripeachy
Other
BnB Addict

Wish- all sales take a while. You have to build up a network. You have to try it though or you'll never know. Get that extrovert cap on and don't take it off!

And yes, my dad wasn't here long but he met up with a lady for dinner who he said 'was the most complainingest woman he's ever met!' I asked him if he dined and dashed. that is still on my bucket list. Hee hee. He is a smooth cat for sure.

Ttc-I'm not on a high horse over mother's day. It's just tough for me and I'm sure many others. Life goes on. Love those curls!

Ask-congrats on the test and the jewelry. So sweet.

Have a great day ladies. Rainy here for the next week or so; not fun. Orioles suck and we play Boston tonight. Ugh.

Old May 17th, 2018, 17:21 PM   8957
TTC74
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Terri - relating to the Rain! Weíve been getting drenching Rain in FL all week. It stinks!

Old May 18th, 2018, 14:15 PM   8958
TTC74
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Nerves on full alert. 9 DPO. Could be an Evap since I found the test this way hours later, but in my experience testing out CPs, it does take forever for these to settle properly in early days.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg D0380000-5192-4353-A506-24A8DF64F8E1.jpg (37.9 KB, 8 views)

Old May 18th, 2018, 16:27 PM   8959
Caseyface
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Hi all, new here. Just a quick drop in. Mum to 7 year old boy TTC again since last month. Had a couple of maybes last couple of days trying not to get my hopes up.

Wishing you all loads of baby news xxx

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 710C0676-387E-4C57-BE5F-3E5E19938F5E.jpg (29.0 KB, 5 views)

Old May 19th, 2018, 08:43 AM   8960
Ask4joy
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Welcome Casey! FX!!!

TTC - Bella is such a cutie! Those curls! Yay for walking! My experience with the Walmart First Signal tests is that they almost always leave an evap after they dry...I even had my husband use one because it was driving me crazy and sure enough, evap line. I hope it is a good sign for you though! FX!

SEO by vBSEO