Forum Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 4th, 2018, 14:25 PM   8991
Wish2BMom
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

glad you had a good time! did Bella love it? I have no idea when we'll get to Disney. We're going to have to cut off limbs or take out a loan for it, though!
aw Bella getting into the big kids' class!

Old Jun 11th, 2018, 02:01 AM   8992
Wicky78
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Hi everyone,

I feel a bit embarrassed at how long it's been since I last posted. I haven't had time to catch up on posts since April, but I wanted to say hi and update you all on how things have been.

First of all, it has been a wild ride since April 13! As I think I mentioned in a quick note around that time, I was admitted to the hospital due to dangerously high blood pressure. The plan was to induce as soon as possible, then my BP responded to medications and they allowed me to wait a few days before inducing labor. However, I had to be on magnesium (IV) to make sure I didn't have any seizures or a stroke. The magnesium basically counteracted any effects the pitocin had, so I didn't progress beyond the 3-4 cm dilation that they did with a catheter balloon, even after three days. So on April 19, they did a c-section and our little Miriam Elizabeth was born at 34w+5d.

She weighed just 3lbs 15oz, although the last ultrasound had estimated her weight at 4 1/2 lbs and she should have gained close to a 1/2 lb by the time she was born. So we were surprised. She stayed in the NICU for a week and then went to the step-down Special Care Nursery to feed and grow. I got a blood infection from having my waters broken for more than 18 hours before she was born, but it resolved fairly quickly after she was born (within 2 days). However, the fever meant I couldn't see Miriam until 2 1/2 days after she was born (at night on April 21). I got blood clots in two superficial veins and had to be on blood thinners for 6 weeks... it was no fun. However, I did recover better from my c-section than I did from laparoscopic surgery I had almost three years ago for an ovarian terratoma (dermoid cyst)! I feel pretty good now - but that first week was pretty awful.

Miriam was pretty healthy from birth and didn't need oxygen or much in the way of medical support in the NICU, which was great for her gestational age. However, she really took her time figuring out how to coordinate sucking, swallowing, and breathing to be able to eat. She lost weight and ended up at 3lbs 3oz before starting to rebound... very slowly. She finally got the hang of it and came home with us on May 21, just after she was a month old. She weighed 5 1/2 lbs at that point.

Today, she weighs just 6lbs 1oz and is very petite, but has a ton of personality. She "talks" a lot during feedings and makes some of the funniest sounds while she sucks on her pacifier! DW and I are completely in love and it was definitely all worth it, but I don't think I'll be trying this whole pregnancy thing again... too much risk, due to about 20 different factors. In fact, one doctor I saw recently was relieved that I didn't plan to get pregnant again because she would have had to advise against it.

On top of everything, while Miriam was still in the hospital, I developed postpartum depression with some signs of psychosis, so I had to get treatment for that. I am feeling much better now, but it was quite a rough experience. Oh, and my mom totaled my car the day after Miriam was born, so we had to deal with all the logistics of that. Ugh! At least everyone is okay and we have a second car (now our only car) to get by.

Anyway, I hope you are all doing well. I will try to catch up soon, so I know what's been happening with all of you. Thanks for thinking of me while I was MIA!

PS: I don't know why some of the photos are upside down... They don't look like that on my computer!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180419_205503.jpg (28.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 20180427_152435.jpg (24.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20180507_205454.jpg (29.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 20180520_232154.jpg (23.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 20180526_160449.jpg (29.8 KB, 6 views)

Old Jun 11th, 2018, 07:01 AM   8993
Wish2BMom
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

wicky!! I'm so glad you popped on!! Wild Ride, indeed!! Hooooooeyyyy!!

first off - welcome to the world, little Miriam! You're absolutely gorgeous and I'm so happy that you're doing well, little one.
secondly - holy moly, that's a lot for you to have gone through, wick! Sounds like you came out the other side quite well, though, so that makes me so happy. I kinda figured there were things going on. So scary what can happen. Sounds like you're good with never doing it again, though!
Little M's already coming up on her 2 month birthday!! I love it!
how's the postpartum now? is it still lingering or has it gone away? Are you on maternity leave? are you nursing?
so many questions! need more updates!

Hope - how are you?

ask - how are you?

everyone else - how are you? ha!

doing well over here - folks got into town Friday morning so they've been snuggling babies pretty much since. My mom's already prepping herself for a good cry come Thursday when they leave. The boys are more like little people now so it'll be much harder. Timothy's been a little fussier lately, I think he might be teething. He's also doing this self-gagging thing, I have NO idea what he's doing but I hate it. Either he's testing out the limits of his tongue movements or he's gagging on saliva that he's not spitting out from teething. And he's back to daily or more than daily BMs, when he was at every 2-3 days for awhile. Some runnier than others. So crankier + more/different/runnier BMs + potentially gagging on salive = teething I think.
Any moms out there ever experience this gagging thing?? it's driving me nuts! I was shining a light down his throat last night trying to see if one of my hairs got caught in there or something (my friggin hair is everywhere lately - I'm chopping it on Wed).

Malcolm is doing awesome - he's so funny with all of the noises he's now making. He cracks us up. When he gets up in the morning, I ask him if he grew - he just smiles and stretches his whole body out almost with a 'YES!' response. Such a peanut!

Old Jun 12th, 2018, 18:22 PM   8994
mikihope
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Wicky! I'm so happy to hear from you, and that momma and baby are doing well Miriam is so precious, and smiling in one of the photos too What a wild ride it has been for you. I'm relieved you and Miriam came through fine. I hope that you have good help for your postpartum depression. I'm sorry that you have so much to deal with. I hope little sweet Miriam brings you untold joy and helps you through your tough days.

Wish- nice to hear how much your folks are enjoying your little ones, and I know how hard it's going to be for them when they leave too. I'm struggling with that myself over here in Singapore. Sounds to me like T is gagging on saliva
Hopefully it's just that. Malcolm sounds like so much fun!

Gummy finally slept through the night here in Singapore! The plane ride was rough, 17 hours, and he slept for maybe 6. He had to sleep for 4 hours on my lap due to turbulence.one thing that was good was that asians love babies. Instead of getting the stink eye when bringing gummy on the plane, I got a lot of smiles! Gummy is so popular over here, he loves the attention.
It's sweltering hot here, though. And the north Korean summit thing ruined our plans to a fair bit. Poor gummy is tired from all the socializing too. Still, it's good that we made the trip back home for him to meet everyone!

Old Jun 13th, 2018, 07:19 AM   8995
Ask4joy
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

So great to hear from you Wicky! What a whirlwind you’ve been through! So happy to hear that you and Miriam are both doing well now and are settled in at home. What a sweet, gorgeous baby girl!

Wish - glad your parents are having a good time with the babes! How is your husband handling their stay?

Miki - yay for making it to Singapore and for a full night’s sleep! Sounds like Gummy is getting lots of lovin!

I am doing well! 30+1 and going strong. Everything checked out great at my appt yesterday. At 32 weeks I’ll start weekly NSTs. Almost done with the nursery. DH has been working his butt off checking off our list of pre-baby arrival home improvement projects. Such a good man! Here’s the bump (or should I say bumps? Feeling very curvy these days!)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg FA3D1B75-5158-4E20-BDA2-38D42B19CF72.jpg (51.9 KB, 3 views)

Old Jun 14th, 2018, 09:02 AM   8996
Wish2BMom
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

ask - you look amazing! you're taking great care of yourself, well done!

miki - so glad you guys made the trip safe and sound and are having so much fun! gummy just sounds so awesome - you guys are so blessed.

my folks have eaten up the babies, it's been great! They are leaving today, though, so i'm expecting tears.

Old Jun 14th, 2018, 10:04 AM   8997
Rainshiny
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Wicky- congratulations on the birth of your beautiful daughter!!! Iím so relieved to hear from you and glad things are going so much better now and you can enjoy getting your health back and enjoy your sweetie more and more from here on out!

I hear you on how hard not seeing LO is ó I saw them once (besides them floating by in the nurses arms after birth) in the first 34 hours since I had to be on magnesium too. It was hard to be separated after we had been together for 9 Mo!

Sounds like youíve been through a lot of scary stuff - from the pregnancy and birth- and might need some major TLC and time to process and get back to your old self again. Do you have supportive and fun visitors? Is DW being amazing? How is your MIL? Do you have postpartum doula help?

More later!! -rain

Old Jun 14th, 2018, 13:22 PM   8998
TTC74
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Glad everyone seems to be doing well.

Wicky - sorry about what you went through but sounds like youíre back on track now and ready to enjoy life with your LO!

AFM - Iím having a wacky month. I had a positive OPK on CD17. My temp shift didnít happen until CD21, though! So, now I have no idea when I Od and I need to catch a bfp early for progesterone supplementation. Any guesses? I had significant ovulation pain on CD18 but had ewcm on CD20. Iím so confused! Slow rise maybe? Or just geared up to O earlier than I actually did?

Old Jun 15th, 2018, 05:31 AM   8999
TTC74
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Finally got crosshairs. Woohoo!

Old Jun 18th, 2018, 11:18 AM   9000
Wish2BMom
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

that's quite a dip today, TTC!

how's everyone else doing?

I'm doing well over here - just loving every minute with the boys. We had a good Father's Day except DH came down with Malcolm's cold so he wasn't in the greatest mood. And it was hot outside so we're still enclosing ourselves inside until the boys are 6 mos old and can wear SPF. So it's kinda boring just hanging out inside while it's so sunny and beautiful out. But watch out 7/15!! we're going swimming!!
My fave new thing that Timothy does is when he gets really excited to see me, like first thing in the morning - I'll pick him up and he'll squeal and screech and grab my face/hair/neck and try to eat my face (I assume his version of kisses). He's so mental, I love it sooooooooo much. Malcolm gets excited too but not to that extent - he kicks his legs and stretches his whole body out so straight and coos as loudly as he can with his little lips together. So priceless.
We had a great visit with my folks. They drank in as much as they possibly could of the boys for the whole week. They are simply in love. It was funny, though - for people who usually go to bed at 11:30 every night, they were in bed around 8:30 when they were here b/c they were so exhausted!!

I hope everyone is great!

SEO by vBSEO