Forum Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 29th, 2014, 13:33 PM   1
LuvallmyH
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Higher chance of chemicals over 35?

I think I just had my second chemical in a row. I've had 2 before, but now that I am 38 I am wondering if my age is a factor. Any insight?

Old Jul 29th, 2014, 18:59 PM   2
Taurus8484
Other
Chat Happy BnB Member

I think so. I had 3 in 4 cycles before my son at 38.

Old Jul 31st, 2014, 14:55 PM   3
Sunshine14
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvallmyH View Post
I think I just had my second chemical in a row. I've had 2 before, but now that I am 38 I am wondering if my age is a factor. Any insight?
Hi hun just wanted to give you my history as it might reassure you a bit!? My first beautiful child was born when I was age 35, miscarriage then at 9 weeks at age 37 (approx), second beautiful child born when I was age 38, third beautiful child born when I was heading for 41. Have been trying for our last and final addition to the family for the past year and since December I had 3 chemicals in a row (none of which got past 5 weeks) and I'm currently pregnant and heading for 7 weeks next Monday, I had a scan Monday just gone and they saw a flicker on baba but it was too small to confirm so going back next Monday for them to check viability and date the pregnancy fingers xd. I just wanted to give you some hope I do think your eggs age but you only need 1 good one!!! I personally took the chemicals as a good sign that I was getting pregnant and really it was only a matter of getting a good egg. You also are only 38 so have potentially a good many reproductive years left yet to try - keep going hun and fingers xd for you.

Old Jul 31st, 2014, 15:46 PM   4
LuvallmyH
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine14 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvallmyH View Post
Hi hun just wanted to give you my history as it might reassure you a bit!? My first beautiful child was born when I was age 35, miscarriage then at 9 weeks at age 37 (approx), second beautiful child born when I was age 38, third beautiful child born when I was heading for 41. Have been trying for our last and final addition to the family for the past year and since December I had 3 chemicals in a row (none of which got past 5 weeks) and I'm currently pregnant and heading for 7 weeks next Monday, I had a scan Monday just gone and they saw a flicker on baba but it was too small to confirm so going back next Monday for them to check viability and date the pregnancy fingers xd. I just wanted to give you some hope I do think your eggs age but you only need 1 good one!!! I personally took the chemicals as a good sign that I was getting pregnant and really it was only a matter of getting a good egg. You also are only 38 so have potentially a good many reproductive years left yet to try - keep going hun and fingers xd for you.
I'm sorry for your losses. Congratulations on your new pregnancy! I wish you a very happy and healthy rest of your pregnancy! Thank you for your kind words and encouragement.

Old Jul 31st, 2014, 15:55 PM   5
Sunshine14
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Thanks Luv : ) forgot to say I'm 43 in October! All being well with this baba it will defo be our last LO. Keep the faith hun, stay positive and see the chemicals as your body knowing what to do / you're fertile but you just need to catch that good egg x

PS Thanks for your kind wishes - I need them at the mo' Monday seems forever away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Aug 1st, 2014, 08:29 AM   6
Oasis717
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

I'm 43 in November and had my first cp in March this year, although I had a loss in June 2012 at 12 weeks followed by a further loss in October 2012 at 11 weeks I got a bfp at 7dpo in January 2013 and our perfect little boy was born 18/10/2013 just before I turned 42, hope that gives some hope, despite the cp we won't give up and are hoping we are lucky enough again xxx

Old Aug 1st, 2014, 08:30 AM   7
Oasis717
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Wishing you masses of luck for Monday Sunshine xxxx

Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 06:30 AM   8
Sunshine14
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis717 View Post
I'm 43 in November and had my first cp in March this year, although I had a loss in June 2012 at 12 weeks followed by a further loss in October 2012 at 11 weeks I got a bfp at 7dpo in January 2013 and our perfect little boy was born 18/10/2013 just before I turned 42, hope that gives some hope, despite the cp we won't give up and are hoping we are lucky enough again xxx
Oh Oasis that sounds like a tough deal two miscarriages like that one after the other - so sorry you had to go through that! You must have been soooo delighted to welcome your little fella into the world after that xx stay positive it will happen for you again xx

Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 06:33 AM   9
Sunshine14
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis717 View Post
Wishing you masses of luck for Monday Sunshine xxxx
Thanks hun the time is really dragging - I just would like to know either way now really ........... I'm hoping for positive news but don't want to get my hopes up iykwim.

Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 14:33 PM   10
Oasis717
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Thanks Sunshine, it was awful but we feel so so lucky to have Brooklyn, hopefully we can be that lucky again, please let us know how it goes Monday? Will be thinking of you, lots luv xxxx

SEO by vBSEO