LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 22nd, 2017, 02:15 AM   961
Sophie2015
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Mitchnorm- your story sounds similar to mine. I can get pregnant, establish a HB, then MC. It's assumed it's an egg quality issue even with my clotting issues (which hematologist questions if it was ever a factor in my losses, thinking it was a risk to me not baby). Regardless so frustrating to conceive then lose.
I haven't tested today. I'm starting to feel like my symptoms are just a fluke or like RE thinks the eggs fertilize, briefly implant, then can't maintain cell division. He thinks I've been pregnant way more than I've realized.
At this point I really don't let myself dream about actually being pregnant. That way there's no disappointment. It just wasn't meant to be I guess.

Old Apr 22nd, 2017, 04:51 AM   962
AngelUK
Mum (Mom)
BnB Elite

That sounds so gutting!

Old Apr 22nd, 2017, 08:26 AM   963
CaliDreaming
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

I hope you get a surprise bfp. It must be so hard not knowing exactly what is causing your miscarriages. I know they say old eggs but that doesn't seem to be the whole story.

Old Apr 22nd, 2017, 17:29 PM   964
mitchnorm
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie2015 View Post
Mitchnorm- your story sounds similar to mine. I can get pregnant, establish a HB, then MC. It's assumed it's an egg quality issue even with my clotting issues (which hematologist questions if it was ever a factor in my losses, thinking it was a risk to me not baby). Regardless so frustrating to conceive then lose.
I haven't tested today. I'm starting to feel like my symptoms are just a fluke or like RE thinks the eggs fertilize, briefly implant, then can't maintain cell division. He thinks I've been pregnant way more than I've realized.
At this point I really don't let myself dream about actually being pregnant. That way there's no disappointment. It just wasn't meant to be I guess.
I always wonder whether it's more heartbreaking getting pregnant and losing or never getting pregnant at all......suppose I'll never experience both. After seeing heartbeats in 3 of my mc's it was soul destroying. I don't feel IVF can solve my problem....maybe donor eggs but we are not going that route .

I really hope you get your bfp and it's a sticky one x x x

Old Apr 24th, 2017, 04:45 AM   965
Sophie2015
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Mitchnorm- I'll never know that answer either. But I think never getting pregnant would be harder. At least for me. I'm thankful for all five times I got to see those double pink lines and the four times I saw those heartbeats. I'll never forget that joy even if it didn't last.

I haven't tested since 11dpo but it was bfn and I suspect I'll start right on time Thursday. Not planning to test again.

I'm contemplating giving up. I said I'd try naturally until I'm 45 but that's 5 months away and I'm starting to think even if I did get another bfp I'd have another mmc. I'm just not sure I want another loss to derail my life for a 6th time (actually 7th because the loss of our embryos which thrived until day 6 was devastating).

Old Apr 24th, 2017, 07:18 AM   966
CaliDreaming
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

So sorry about the bfn Sophie. ☹️ I hope you are able to have peace with whatever decision you make on continuing to TTC.

SEO by vBSEO