LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 12th, 2016, 03:59 AM   1
bumbleberry
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Vitamin supplements

I've read on a number of posts that people are taking vitamin supplements to ensure that egg quality is better etc and also that their DH/OH are also taking them.

Can I ask what particular vitamins are being taken? Currently I'm taking Folic Acid, I tried ones suitable for conception but they made me feel really sick so stopped taking them.

Thanks

Old May 12th, 2016, 04:29 AM   2
cupcake23
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Hi, I've just put a post on my journal about the supplements I'm taking.

I was taking pregnacare prenatals which did make me feel awful for the first 2 weeks, I found it helped to take them with a big meal and at night, I was ok after that but I had bought magnisium ok monthly cycle supplements, only been using them for the last week, they don't have the required folic acid amount so I'm adding that to my diet with food but I've heard good things about magnisium so thought I would give it a try, I'm also taking omega 3-6-9 supplements, my oh is not taking anything.

Old May 12th, 2016, 11:21 AM   3
WishnandHopn
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Ubiquinol is an antioxidant (CoQ10) that is supposed to improve egg quality. Make sure to get ubiquinol, NOT ubiquinone. It's the active form, and it is more expensive.

Old May 12th, 2016, 13:58 PM   4
dimmu
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

I took pregnacare conception and DH took the male equivalent, we started taking them a couple of months before TTC. The cycle we conceived I also took soya isoflavones because my cycles were irregular, I don't think SI is recommended if you're regular.

Old Jun 18th, 2016, 05:59 AM   5
vix1972
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Active BnB Member

Coq10

I have been taking COQ10 to improve egg quality for a while now. I saw a consultant in Dec 2012 and the only positive reaction we got from him was the fact we were taking COQ10. I also had a smoothie (any brand) every morning with a teaspoon of wheatgrass powder in it. I also took chinese herbs from a good company in America. I got my BFP two and a half weeks ago at age 43! The consultant in 2012 said it wouldnt happen without IVF and donor eggs!!!

Old Jun 19th, 2016, 06:10 AM   6
ms sunshine
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I have taken red clover blossom 3 seperate times for 3 or 3 cycles each times and got pregnant first with my son other times have been cps

Old Jun 19th, 2016, 13:34 PM   7
CaliDreaming
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

I take

100 g coq10 (bulk powder form)
1 g l-carnitine (bulk powder form)
prenatal with Omega 3
baby aspirin
iron
gingko biloba liquid extract (not for TTC)

Hubby takes

2 grams L carnitine (bulk powder form)
Vitamin C (2-4 g)
folic acid
zinc

I am pretty regular and last time I tested my egg quality was pretty good, but that was three years ago. I was taking similar supplements at the time. I don't know if they helped but they definitely didn't hurt!

Hubby had poor sperm quality, and after taking Fertilaid for Men, Countboost and Motilityboost for a month, we got a bfp after trying for two years with no hint of a line during that time up to then. Hubby doesn't want to take so many pills this time around, so I have to hope that I've gotten the primary ingredients he needs. These are the ones that are also in Proxeed that urologists normally prescribe, so I hope these are all that's needed.

Old Jun 19th, 2016, 13:43 PM   8
CaliDreaming
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vix1972 View Post
I have been taking COQ10 to improve egg quality for a while now. I saw a consultant in Dec 2012 and the only positive reaction we got from him was the fact we were taking COQ10. I also had a smoothie (any brand) every morning with a teaspoon of wheatgrass powder in it. I also took chinese herbs from a good company in America. I got my BFP two and a half weeks ago at age 43! The consultant in 2012 said it wouldnt happen without IVF and donor eggs!!!
Congratulations!!!! Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months!

Old Jun 13th, 2017, 00:06 AM   9
BhalaDina678
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB Member

Hi girls , has anyone here tried taking royal jelly ? Maca powder ? Someone mentioned Chinese herbs - is it related to the acupuncture / just your own research? I'm going to add wheatgrass powder supplement for sure .

Old Jun 26th, 2017, 04:34 AM   10
TTC74
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

To get pregnant at 41, I took -
Prenatal
Omega 3,6,9
Vit B
Vit E (supposed to help with cm)
Ubiquinol
Maca root
DHEA

Frankly, I think it was the last three that had the biggest impact but who knows.

SEO by vBSEO