LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 5th, 2016, 11:01 AM   21
Maturemama39
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malia123 View Post
We have been blessed with there beautiful daughters and would love to TTC again. I am 37yo, my husband is 42 yo. Is this too old?

I am a little scared because there is so much talk about elevated risks.

I would love to hear your stories.
Definitely not! I had my DS at 34 and am TTC#2 at 39. My dr had no concerns and did the risk calculator and I was surprised that my risk didn't go up any percentage than when I was 34. Am not classified as high risk or AMA. Go for it!

Old Oct 5th, 2016, 16:45 PM   22
Imogenmommy
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

All,

I'm 39 and TTC my first. Women in my family have had good luck conceiving at older ages. My sister had her first at 40, and wasn't even trying. My grandmother had my mom at 42. A lot of the stats around fertility over 35 being an issue are from the early 1900s. I kid you not. It's completely outdated and unreliable. Your first step is really to have your egg reservoir checked by a simple blood test.

Old Oct 6th, 2016, 13:54 PM   23
5Miracles
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Old???---NAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! :)

My mom was 39 when she had me, and I'm about to turn 41 and am still wide open to another baby Go for it, mama!

Old Oct 7th, 2016, 06:40 AM   24
North15
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

Definitely not too old! Go for it

Old Oct 7th, 2016, 10:44 AM   25
Zeri
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

I had my daughter at 33 (husband was 41), and my son at age 38, when my husband was 46. I was a bit worried about age too, especially with my 2nd, but both pregnancies were smooth - no issues-- thankfully! I did take longer to ge pregnant, with my 2nd. Sometimes I think fondly of a 3rd, but I'm 40 now and my husband 48....I wouldn't want to risk it at this age, although I'm sure we could have another with no problems, as well.

Old Oct 8th, 2016, 06:45 AM   26
Rags
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeri View Post
I had my daughter at 33 (husband was 41), and my son at age 38, when my husband was 46. I was a bit worried about age too, especially with my 2nd, but both pregnancies were smooth - no issues-- thankfully! I did take longer to ge pregnant, with my 2nd. Sometimes I think fondly of a 3rd, but I'm 40 now and my husband 48....I wouldn't want to risk it at this age, although I'm sure we could have another with no problems, as well.
Zeri, 33 and 38 are so young!!!! I delivered DS at 41. I didn't have trouble getting pregnant and had a great pregnancy (I had a 28 year old coming to me for reassurance that her's would get better as she'd had a miserable time throughout). Compared to his friends my son and I do far more and have far more energy than many with far younger parents. The big thing I'd say about starting older is that deciding to add to your family can be more difficult. by the time my cycle was back on track after breast feeding for nearly 2 years I was 43 when I tried for a second. If I'd had a partner it may have been ok but as I was using donor insemination I had limited opportunity to try and didn't manage.

Old Oct 14th, 2016, 00:20 AM   27
littledreamer
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malia123 View Post
We have been blessed with there beautiful daughters and would love to TTC again. I am 37yo, my husband is 42 yo. Is this too old?

I am a little scared because there is so much talk about elevated risks.

I would love to hear your stories.
I had my first baby at 42 ! A healthy baby girl. You are not too old!

Old Oct 30th, 2016, 12:14 PM   28
Llp21161
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

I love this forum. I'm 39 and thinking of having my first. I am definitely encouraged by ready all of the posts.

Old Nov 6th, 2016, 04:29 AM   29
AngelUK
Mum (Mom)
BnB Elite

I had my twin boys at 42 (via IUI cause of OH's sperm antibodies, not cause I was older!). 37 is young!

Old Nov 12th, 2016, 07:42 AM   30
hopie2015
On a break (TTC)
Active BnB Member

You are not too old! I just posted 'don't give up'. Very healthy lifestyle definitely helps.