BnB Elite

Huuge congrats TTC74 How lovely!

Old Feb 17th, 2017, 10:48 AM   42
lisap2008
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTC74 View Post
I'm staring at a beautiful, healthy baby girl born 3 days ago to her very grateful 42 year old mum (yours truly). I have two grown daughters who have grown into wonderful young women, but IMO, this little girl will have an even better upbringing thanks to the patience I have learned over the past two decades.
Congratulations!!

Old Feb 21st, 2017, 14:50 PM   43
Jenny Bean
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imogenmommy View Post
All,

I'm 39 and TTC my first. Women in my family have had good luck conceiving at older ages. My sister had her first at 40, and wasn't even trying. My grandmother had my mom at 42. A lot of the stats around fertility over 35 being an issue are from the early 1900s. I kid you not. It's completely outdated and unreliable. Your first step is really to have your egg reservoir checked by a simple blood test.
Ohh how do you get your egg reservoir checked by a blood test?
I am in Canada btw?

Old Feb 21st, 2017, 16:00 PM   44
lisap2008
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Bean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imogenmommy View Post
All,

I'm 39 and TTC my first. Women in my family have had good luck conceiving at older ages. My sister had her first at 40, and wasn't even trying. My grandmother had my mom at 42. A lot of the stats around fertility over 35 being an issue are from the early 1900s. I kid you not. It's completely outdated and unreliable. Your first step is really to have your egg reservoir checked by a simple blood test.
Ohh how do you get your egg reservoir checked by a blood test?
I am in Canada btw?
Its called the AMH test
What is AMH?

AMH, or anti-mullerian hormone is a substance produced by granulosa cells in ovarian follicles. It is first made in primary follicles that advance from the primordial follicle stage.
At these stages follicles are microscopic and can not be seen by ultrasound.
AMH production is highest in preantral and small antral stages (less than 4mm diameter) of development.
Production decreases and then stops as follicles grow.
There is almost no AMH made in follicles over 8mm.
Therefore, the levels are fairly constant and the AMH test can be done on any day of a woman's cycle.
http://www.advancedfertility.com/amh-fertility-test.htm

Old Feb 21st, 2017, 21:59 PM   45
TTC74
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

While I certainly encourage all fertility tests and treatments that your Dr recommends and that you desire, keep in mind that AMH is not the be all end all. Mine was .023 (that's extremely low - in fact, below .02 is termed undetectable). That test was done about a year and a half before I got pregnant. I do believe that my use of a supplement called DHEA assisted on that front. I'm just saying that it's not a test that should lead you to count yourself out!

Old Mar 12th, 2017, 11:07 AM   46
heatherjckm
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vix1972 View Post
I am 43 and will be 44 when I have my 2nd one. First one is 21 this year and has her own baby girl! You are as old as you feel. I have looked after my granddaughter alot over the past 7 months since she was born and they do make you feel younger. Mind you we were going to have the should we hold any hope still talks when we both hit 45.

I have also lost 5 stone in weight, given up smoking, became vegetarian and tried this exercise lark so my body is fitter than it was when I had my DD at 23!
Do you mind me asking if you conceived naturally or with ART? I am TTC #2 at 41

Old Mar 20th, 2017, 18:32 PM   47
Scout
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

I had my beautiful and completely healthy daughter at age 46. She was a complete surprise. I was told I'd not ever be able to have a child but hit 40 and found myself getting pregnant. I had 3 miscarriages in my early 40's and finally decided to give up. Then along came my daughter. I turned 50 in December and she turns 4 in May. So totally possible. Like I said, she was a surprise, so I wasn't doing anything special. As a matter of fact, her father and I only did the dance one time the month I conceived. Good luck to all trying. You're only as old as you feel!

Old Mar 21st, 2017, 09:05 AM   48
CaliDreaming
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout View Post
I had my beautiful and completely healthy daughter at age 46. She was a complete surprise. I was told I'd not ever be able to have a child but hit 40 and found myself getting pregnant. I had 3 miscarriages in my early 40's and finally decided to give up. Then along came my daughter. I turned 50 in December and she turns 4 in May. So totally possible. Like I said, she was a surprise, so I wasn't doing anything special. As a matter of fact, her father and I only did the dance one time the month I conceived. Good luck to all trying. You're only as old as you feel!
What a beautiful story! This is a story that can give so much hope to older ladies who are still trying and hoping. I know there are more who never post on a forum like this.

At the same time, I also feel so bad for the ones who don't get their miracle baby. I'd imagine as someone who had given up hope, you can relate to how it feels to have to move on with life without a child...and also be that much more thankful for the one you have.

Old Mar 22nd, 2017, 13:07 PM   49
Lulua
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB Member

Not to old at all. I am 41 and trying for our first still. Although it's been two years and took a awhile to figure out we were dealing with a male infertility issue. Just had my AMH done last week and my fertility was something you see in a 35 year old according to the doctor. I was so pleasantly surprised and relieved.

Old Mar 23rd, 2017, 02:30 AM   50
Nadyaraza
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Lulua can you guide me to what tests your partner had done? Been ttc for 2 years myself and for some bloody reasons my doctor believes there's no need for husbands spent to be tested just yet! Like wth! I had a miscarriage last dec and now the doc says it's useless completely to have him tested as he was able to impregnate me.