mimi4
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Scout - amazing story x

Old Mar 23rd, 2017, 09:12 AM   52
Lulua
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB Member

Hi nadyaraza, I'm so sorry to hear of your frustration! I've been there.
We had a simple semen analysis done. My doctor suggest it right after we did the work up on me. It turned out my husband has azzospermia. Which is no sperm at all. We devasted and went on to a testicular biopsy.

I wouldn't think it would be useless!. I would push for it more or get it done somewhere else. Yes you have conceived before but you want to no what kind of swimmers you are dealing with I would think.

Old Mar 23rd, 2017, 09:53 AM   53
CaliDreaming
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Nadyaraza, ugh, I hate that doctors don't take male fertility issues more seriously. Especially for older couples, it is just as likely that the man has an issue--or even both. Even if your hubby was able to get you pregnant in the past, male fertility declines with age just like with women.

Lulua, I'm so happy you discovered your hubby had azospermia when you did. I also had struggled with infertility with my hubby and everyone involved assumed my fertility was the problem since my hubby had fathered children with his ex and also once with me(after 8 months of trying). But the sperm analysis showed he had very bad quality sperm.

If his sperm count is on the low side or bad quality, that doesn't mean that he can't impregnate you...but unless you're extremely lucky, it's going to take months and maybe years and that's time that older moms can't afford to waste.

I think fertility doctors don't take male fertility as seriously because with IVF a man doesn't have to have perfect sperm to get a woman pregnant. It's such a shame because in the U.S. IVF is incredibly expensive and much of the time for men, especially since your hubby was able to impregnate you in the pass, there is a much easier and less invasive fix. It's also a shame that couples have to go through years and years of infertility, countless procedures for nothing because no one took the time to look at the issue from all angles.

Old Mar 23rd, 2017, 11:03 AM   54
AngelUK
Mum (Mom)
BnB Elite

In our case too it was OH's "fault" as he had antibodies in his sperm. We were told that getting pregnant was not impossible but the chances were very low. Luckily the treatment for this was really simple and we got lucky with IUI.

Old Mar 23rd, 2017, 11:48 AM   55
lisap2008
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

I got pregnant twice with my DH having low counts but keep in mind sperm count can fluctuate a lot from one month to the next , also with my second BFP my DH was on HCG which greatly increased his sperm count. So I would push for a semen analysis because one BFP does not rule out a sperm issue.

Old Mar 23rd, 2017, 13:59 PM   56
Nadyaraza
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Thank you lulua and calidreaming. You (calidreaming) have described everything I'm feeling. Can you imagine I've been asking for 2 years and 4 doctors to date gave jot really taken me seriously??? Even in the beginning I could tell about myself that I wasn't ovulating but they chose not to listen. Also I live in Dubai and there's only so much pushing I can do wrt to getting the man checked. It is so frustrating when doctors don't understand that we may just be any couple to them from the hundreds they deal with but for us our situation is unique and our lives are stressed out because of it 😡
Sometimes I get so pissed off at how casually they treat you like oh you're no big deal we got bigger fish to fry with REAL problems way worse than yours! I'd never show such lack of empathy especially in a profession like that

Old Mar 23rd, 2017, 15:57 PM   57
lisap2008
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadyaraza View Post
Thank you lulua and calidreaming. You (calidreaming) have described everything I'm feeling. Can you imagine I've been asking for 2 years and 4 doctors to date gave jot really taken me seriously??? Even in the beginning I could tell about myself that I wasn't ovulating but they chose not to listen. Also I live in Dubai and there's only so much pushing I can do wrt to getting the man checked. It is so frustrating when doctors don't understand that we may just be any couple to them from the hundreds they deal with but for us our situation is unique and our lives are stressed out because of it 😡
Sometimes I get so pissed off at how casually they treat you like oh you're no big deal we got bigger fish to fry with REAL problems way worse than yours! I'd never show such lack of empathy especially in a profession like that
Thats really unfortunate I am sorry your not being heard at the doctors.

Old Mar 23rd, 2017, 21:47 PM   58
Lulua
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB Member

you have to be persistent. I wish I had gone to the fertility doc sooner than after a year of ttc. Then it was a year of testing and waiting and referrals. Ugh. Now I'm 41!
Sheesh. My husband is 35 and has zero fertility and I have above average fertility!. Nadyaraza - just keep pushing to get answers. I think I read somewhere that you can order an at home semen analysis on amazon. I also remember seeing one that works with your iPhone.

Old Mar 23rd, 2017, 22:10 PM   59
sillymeg
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

41 is still very doable!

Old Mar 24th, 2017, 06:20 AM   60
TTC74
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Lulua - I just had a baby at 42. Got pregnant at 41. It happened naturally (with lots of supplements) after TTC for 2.5 years, a round of medicated IUI, etc.

SEO by vBSEO