LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 24th, 2017, 07:50 AM   61
Nadyaraza
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Thank you ladies I think I'll definitely look into the online test and yeah I have to be persistent about this. Docs shouldn't be pushing me around they should be listening to me!

Old Mar 24th, 2017, 10:34 AM   62
lisap2008
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

If your referring to the sperm check test, Keep in mind it only checks the count, it gives you two lines if there is 20 million or more sperm, it does not test motility ,or morphology or even tell you if they are alive. also a lot of people had issues with the test not performing right and giving them a false reading. If your wanting to go the home testing route I would just buy a microscope and petri dish thats what I did so I can look at them myself verses paying a lab $200.00 every time I want to know how his sperm are looking. of course its not going to give you specific numbers but a general idea, there are also semen analysis videos on youtube and typically if there are too many sperm to count and they are moving fast then he does not have an issue, you can also see the morphology(normal verses abnormal sperm) with a high quality microscope. I got mine on ebay it was a former college microscope so its fairly old, but it works.

Oh I forgot to mention if you want a more clinical test with specific numbers , some sperm banks will do semen analysis. The NW cryobank near me does them.

Old Mar 24th, 2017, 10:43 AM   63
Lulua
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB Member

Thanks TTC74 and silymeg. I have been feeling fairly positive since I got a really good amh back. We are using a sperm donor and I have just started the 2WW. Finger crossed. I had insanely vivid dreams last night. Haha. Maybe it's a sign!

Old Mar 24th, 2017, 21:21 PM   64
TTC74
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulua View Post
Thanks TTC74 and silymeg. I have been feeling fairly positive since I got a really good amh back. We are using a sperm donor and I have just started the 2WW. Finger crossed. I had insanely vivid dreams last night. Haha. Maybe it's a sign!
My AMH was a dreadfully low .023, and it happened for me! With a good AMH number, I'd say your odds are pretty darned good! We'll be keeping an eye on your TWW with everything crossed!

Old Mar 31st, 2017, 08:05 AM   65
Lasom
Pregnant (Expecting)
New BnB member

I don't think you are too old. As long as you take care of your body the best you can and feel like it is something you really want, I say go for it!

Old Apr 13th, 2017, 06:29 AM   66
mimi4
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Even if someone is at advanced maternal age, and wants to maximize chances of having a healthy baby, pgs ngs screening might be an option

SEO by vBSEO