LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 18th, 2016, 15:24 PM   1
Jenny Bean
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Active BnB Member

Back to try for #2 at 40, anyone want to join me?

Hello,

I just turned 40 at the beginning of July.
I have a 1 year old and I want to try for number two.
I was pregnant (a surprise in May) but sadly lost the baby at 10 weeks (blighted ovum).

I really want to have another one soon, as time is running out and I would like to have them close together.

Anyone with a similar experience or want to join in?

Old Jul 24th, 2016, 20:36 PM   2
mychelle4
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Hi Jenny. I'm 40 and trying for #3. I have a sixteen year old, and a fifteen month old, both girls. This is my sixth cycle trying. I'm really hoping it does happen soon, as I want the age gap between my younger daughter and her potential sibling to be under three years. Good luck!

Old Jul 26th, 2016, 08:24 AM   3
Jenny Bean
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Active BnB Member

Good luck to you!
Let me know how it goes...we aren't going to actively try for a month or two I think.

I want to try as soon as possible though because it could be a long journey!

Keep me posted!

Old Jul 26th, 2016, 08:36 AM   4
nessaw
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Hi we're just thinking about ttc#2. I turned 40 in march and dd is 7 months. We had a 5 year journey with 3 losses before her so taking the plunge to ttc is proving difficult. However we really want her to have a sibling. I take up a new post when back to work in Sept so should really see out a (school ) year in that before another maternity. We were thinking of starting in Nov so if it worked that would take us to the summer hols next year.

Old Jul 26th, 2016, 08:47 AM   5
Jenny Bean
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessaw View Post
Hi we're just thinking about ttc#2. I turned 40 in march and dd is 7 months. We had a 5 year journey with 3 losses before her so taking the plunge to ttc is proving difficult. However we really want her to have a sibling. I take up a new post when back to work in Sept so should really see out a (school ) year in that before another maternity. We were thinking of starting in Nov so if it worked that would take us to the summer hols next year.
We sound very similar, mine is 13 months old today and I turned 40 at the beginning of July. We had a BO in May at 10 weeks, so I am nervous but excited about this journey.

I have some debate whether this is the right time because me and my husband are strained a lot of the time even though we have only been married two years. Also he is also on a hair loss medication that he wants to come off for a few months when we start trying again, so there is a delay in our trying and in reality we probably can only try for a few months before he goes back on the medication again. So I need this to happen quick but worry it is going to be a long journey. I so badly want a sibling for my daughter

Old Jul 26th, 2016, 15:36 PM   6
nessaw
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I'm not sure how/if I could cope with another loss. We were under the recurrent miscarriage consultant and on aspirin and progesterone for our successful pg and would follow the same protocol if pg again.
It must be hard to make the decision if things are hard with dh. It's good that we've both got a little time to make up our minds. X

Old Aug 4th, 2016, 13:26 PM   7
Jenny Bean
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Active BnB Member

Dealing with MCs are very tough.
I wish you all the luck!

Old Aug 7th, 2016, 03:37 AM   8
Tui
Other
BnB Addict

Hi. We are thinking about number two right now. I have a nearly 8 month old boy after 4 mc's. I am thankful for him every day, despite him running me ragged! Maybe he would like a sister?

I have just turned 40 and DH is 44, so we don't have a huge amount of time left, lol. The thing that concerns me is I have no support. I'm worried how I will cope. And what age gap is best?

Does any of that concern others?

When will you guys be trying then?

Old Aug 8th, 2016, 14:28 PM   9
Jenny Bean
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
Hi. We are thinking about number two right now. I have a nearly 8 month old boy after 4 mc's. I am thankful for him every day, despite him running me ragged! Maybe he would like a sister?

I have just turned 40 and DH is 44, so we don't have a huge amount of time left, lol. The thing that concerns me is I have no support. I'm worried how I will cope. And what age gap is best?

Hi Tui, I have followed you on your journey and am so happy for you!

That's exciting you are thinking of trying again soon.

I do worry about age gaps but mine is 13 months so I think anytime in the future would be okay and not too soon, plus the small age gap could benefit them.

I hope we can have this new journey together.

I hope to be starting in the next few months, but we will probably try a few months and take a few months off and so on.

Old Aug 9th, 2016, 13:39 PM   10
CaliDreaming
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post

Hi I'll be 42 next month and will be TTC #3 soon. I also take care of 99.9% of the child rearing responsibilities(although dh seems to do more for my daughter the older she gets).

I have a three year gap--ages 5 and 2 between my daughter and son. I originally tried to have 2 under two, but I'm glad that didn't work out in hindsight.

I think a larger age gap is easier if you don't have a lot of help or if you have to work full time and have to have them both in daycare. My daughter had just turned three when my son is born and her life hardly changed at all when my son was born. She still went to daycare everyday and newborns sleep so much anyway I was usually able to give her undivided attention until she fully transitioned to "big kid". Also, she was at an age where she was just starting to get independent so she could wait a few minutes if my son needed me.

But in the end, I think you will find a way to make any age gap work. Who knows, if I had two under two I probably would have loved that too since both of my kids would be about to be out of daycare and I would have more time with hubby. If you are worried you are running out of time I wouldn't spend too much time stressing over the size of the gap.

SEO by vBSEO