LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 10th, 2017, 14:35 PM   11
Jenny Bean
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikihope View Post
Hi all, glad to see this thread! I am 45 and TTC #1. From everything Iíve read, the chances of this occurring with my own eggs is basically nil, especially since Iíve never been pregnant before. DH is 32, and this will be his first as well. Weíre doing what we can, with supplements and trying to be healthy. Tomorrow will be our first RE appointment, and Iím excited and nervous!

We have been trying naturally for the past 4 months, but realistically I think we will have to proceed to DE. Iím guessing that weíll get the DE speech tomorrow from the RE. At least Iím somewhat mentally prepared for that!
Good luck to you, keep us posted, I find all these stories very encouraging.

Old Jan 11th, 2017, 00:03 AM   12
mikihope
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Thanks, Jenny! We had our RE appointment, and it looks like we are going to try to go the donor egg route. We still wish for a natural conception, but we were told that the chances of that are really slim as (in addition to my age) I have a high FSH and low AMH.

Old Jan 11th, 2017, 11:57 AM   13
CaliDreaming
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

I'm really excited for you mikihope! Motherhood is wonderful no matter what route you take to get there.

Although I do think the medical community is overly pessimistic on the ability of 35+ year old women to conceive naturally, I wouldn't want to continue trying for months and months either with no guarantee of success if I were in your shoes. With this option you don't have to worry about your age or lab results and can get pregnant as soon as possible.

Old Jan 11th, 2017, 23:39 PM   14
mikihope
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Thank you so much, CaliDreaming!

I agree, I wouldnít want to continue for many months with no guarantee of success, and possibly a ton of heartache. The RE did say that there was a teensy chance(he gave his sister in law as an example), but given the amount of money to be spent for that slim chance, he wouldnít recommend it. He showed us lots of charts and percentages, and it was very clear to DH and I what our chances looked like. We are both researchers, and we have a good feel for percentages. DE made sense to us!

Old Jan 23rd, 2017, 15:36 PM   15
CaliDreaming
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

mikihope, you are so fortunate to have this option available to you. Long term-TTC is beyond depressing, so I'm happy that there's a good chance you'll bypass all that.

Old Jan 23rd, 2017, 22:44 PM   16
mikihope
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

That's so sweet of you CaliDreaming! You're right, it's really wonderful that there is this option. I really admire the courage of the women who go through long term TTC, I don't think I would have the strength to go through all that.

I hope everyone on this thread gets their BFP!

Old Jan 29th, 2017, 06:07 AM   17
Left wonderin
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Hi everyone , I'm 44 my LOs are just 3 and 10 months . I'm still " open " to the idea of adding to our brood ! I know I'd need to get a move on but life is just so busy lol.....
Wishing everyone the very best of luck .

Old Feb 1st, 2017, 11:12 AM   18
Uselessbits
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB Member

Hi there. I'm 45 and trying for number 2. Ds1 was Icsi. oH has only 1 percent normal morphology and I only ovulate on clomid. It's pretty much futile for us. I'm not sure why I'm putting myself through it tbh. Closure I guess!
How much does acupuncture help? I've looked into it but it's really expensive. I'd love to start ovulating again without having to take horrid meds
Good luck to all you older ladies.

Old Feb 1st, 2017, 11:34 AM   19
CaliDreaming
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Yes, acupuncture is really good for ovulation issues.

The one piece of advice I'd give on acupuncture, especially for us 40+ ladies, is that if it's working, you should see some results or positive things happening right away. If you get it and nothing changes, then you really need to either see another acupuncturist or try something else. Yes, sometimes it will take time to get to the point where you have a bfp, but you should be able to observe concrete changes right away.

I say this because I tried acupuncture for over a year and while I liked it a lot, it got me no closer to a bfp because it turned out dh had sperm issues.

Acupuncture is also supposed to be really good for sperm morphology too.

Old Feb 3rd, 2017, 05:11 AM   20
hubbardalicia
Other
Inactive

All the best.

SEO by vBSEO