LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 28th, 2016, 11:19 AM   1
lpalm68
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

New here, 47 and giving this another go!

Found this forum and really could use some ttc buddies and support. I am 47, mom to 4 girls ages 3,6,19,24. We have been "casually trying" since the birth of my 3 year old (aka just not using anything) with no luck.

I found out I have 4 uterine fibroids and am wondering if they could be throwing a wrench in this, but my doctor just wants to give me drugs that will put me into menopause as an effort to get rid of them. Being that my time is limited as it is, I am choosing not to do that.

I have ordered myself a bunch of supplements, starting an exercise program, and changing my diet. I am going to start temping and have ordered some ov tests, etc. Getting a little more serious.

It's nice to meet you all and am hoping to get to know you

Old Aug 4th, 2016, 14:28 PM   2
Jenny Bean
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Active BnB Member

Wow, that's so great!
Good luck to you and your journey!
Was it difficult to get pregnant with your youngest two?
I am asking because I am 40 and have a 13 month old and am thinking about trying for number two in the next few months.

Old Aug 18th, 2016, 13:05 PM   3
vbarker
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

I am new too and ttc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpalm68 View Post
Found this forum and really could use some ttc buddies and support. I am 47, mom to 4 girls ages 3,6,19,24. We have been "casually trying" since the birth of my 3 year old (aka just not using anything) with no luck.

I found out I have 4 uterine fibroids and am wondering if they could be throwing a wrench in this, but my doctor just wants to give me drugs that will put me into menopause as an effort to get rid of them. Being that my time is limited as it is, I am choosing not to do that.

I have ordered myself a bunch of supplements, starting an exercise program, and changing my diet. I am going to start temping and have ordered some ov tests, etc. Getting a little more serious.

It's nice to meet you all and am hoping to get to know you

I am 47 soon to be 48 and ttc I am using Omega 3 and Co q 10 which is suppose to help in fertility health...Good luck!!!

Old Nov 17th, 2016, 00:26 AM   4
hopefulwick
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

45 and still trying naturally. i am eating well, taking Maca, CoQ10 and a prenatal hoping for the best. We would love an "ours" baby.

Old Dec 25th, 2016, 09:55 AM   5
Trying2hard69
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB Member

47 as well and ttc. I started vitex and maca since I read they help with fertility. It's too soon to tell a difference but I'm gonna keep taking them.

Old Jan 2nd, 2017, 11:19 AM   6
happycupcake
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Have you given any thought to alternative therapies like acupuncture, reflexology etc.

Old Jan 3rd, 2017, 10:43 AM   7
CaliDreaming
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

happycupcake, I tried acupuncture when TTC #2 and I noticed many positive changes. For some women it is the magic ticket to a bfp. My only advice on acupuncture and other alternative remedies is not to put all your eggs in the acupuncture basket. If you don't get a bfp or see major progress in 3 months, then it's time to start looking at other possible remedies/approaches.

Old Jan 8th, 2017, 05:49 AM   8
mimi4
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Good luck and a positive outcome to everyone

Old Jan 9th, 2017, 12:29 PM   9
5Miracles
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Welcome!

Best wishes to EVERYONE on this thread!

I'm taking Folate, CoQ10 (Ubiquinol), Omega, Royal Jelly, Bee Pollen and RainbowLight "Embrace Prenatal 35+". (That list is what I learned about on these boards--not to bash anyone!) I'm in my early 40s and while I feel great, I figure it can't hurt

Here's babydust to all!

Old Jan 9th, 2017, 20:03 PM   10
mikihope
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Hi all, glad to see this thread! I am 45 and TTC #1. From everything Ive read, the chances of this occurring with my own eggs is basically nil, especially since Ive never been pregnant before. DH is 32, and this will be his first as well. Were doing what we can, with supplements and trying to be healthy. Tomorrow will be our first RE appointment, and Im excited and nervous!

We have been trying naturally for the past 4 months, but realistically I think we will have to proceed to DE. Im guessing that well get the DE speech tomorrow from the RE. At least Im somewhat mentally prepared for that!

SEO by vBSEO