LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 8th, 2016, 09:50 AM   1
Jenny Bean
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Active BnB Member

Ovulation tests

I will be TTC in a few weeks, I have been debating the cheepy Ovulation tests you can buy online as opposed to the more expensive clear blue ones.

Anyone have any thoughts on which ones I should buy.

It could get very expensive very fast!

Old Sep 9th, 2016, 11:22 AM   2
TaylorK
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Bean View Post
I will be TTC in a few weeks, I have been debating the cheepy Ovulation tests you can buy online as opposed to the more expensive clear blue ones.

Anyone have any thoughts on which ones I should buy.

It could get very expensive very fast!
I'd say bite the guns n go for Clearblue digitals

Here's what happened to me this cycle...so I've been using cheapies all cycle in hope that when they got darker I would switch to the digitals so I wud be sure I'm ovulating..so testing from cd8 -13 ALL NEGATIVE...so I decided to start the CB digital with that same urine sample from CD 13 that gave me a negative cheapie...a full solid smiley popped up ...day after I got an empty circle and today cd15 another empty... so while using the cheapies they failed to detect LH in my urine ..I'd still be testing all now if I didn't have the digitals thinking I didn't ovulate yet ..so basically I missed my high n barely caught my peak with the digital...worth every cent...I'm never wasting my time with cheapies again... very stressful

Old Sep 9th, 2016, 15:19 PM   3
Jenny Bean
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Active BnB Member

wow thank you for this...I say its def worth the money, but I may wait for a sale, lol

Old Sep 9th, 2016, 17:23 PM   4
TaylorK
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
wow thank you for this...I say its def worth the money, but I may wait for a sale, lol
Try buying from ebay ...that's where I get mine ...I get a pack of 10 for like 16 the most ...another thing make sure u get 2017 or later expiration date..
Also if u see some that will expire in 2016 an u will be testing within the expiration time frame ..it's even best to get those ones as they will be much cheaper... an u will use them b4 the expiration date...
Loads of ppl use them after the expiration date including me and they work just fine...it's did my own experiment with one that still had shelf life and one that was 4 months pass the expiration date and they both have me my smiley face...if u don't trust my info u can research using them after the date n see what others say or just don't buy close to the expiration date if this bothers u
But thats my trick to having them cheap
Hope this helps
GL HUN AND TONS of babydust

Old Sep 12th, 2016, 08:24 AM   5
Jenny Bean
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorK View Post
Quote:
Try buying from ebay ...that's where I get mine ...I get a pack of 10 for like 16 the most ...another thing make sure u get 2017 or later expiration date..
Also if u see some that will expire in 2016 an u will be testing within the expiration time frame ..it's even best to get those ones as they will be much cheaper... an u will use them b4 the expiration date...
Loads of ppl use them after the expiration date including me and they work just fine...it's did my own experiment with one that still had shelf life and one that was 4 months pass the expiration date and they both have me my smiley face...if u don't trust my info u can research using them after the date n see what others say or just don't buy close to the expiration date if this bothers u
Hope this helps
Oh really, how do you know if they are close to the expiration date?
Do they advertise it that way or do you just know because they are so cheap?

Old Sep 12th, 2016, 13:19 PM   6
TaylorK
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorK View Post
Quote:
Hope this helps
Oh really, how do you know if they are close to the expiration date?
Do they advertise it that way or do you just know because they are so cheap?
I normally the listing description they will always have the expiration date ..month and yr ..hope that helps ...you can check out ebay n see

Old Sep 27th, 2016, 13:46 PM   7
TTC First
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I always get mine from eBay and they have worked fine. Lots of people get them from there and have no issues. I would never get the high priced ones. Sometimes you can get a combo of PG and O tests. Don't get too many PG tests because O tests also work as PG tests.

Old Oct 1st, 2016, 11:10 AM   8
Feline
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I would personally advise....ignore ovulation kits and focus instead on dtd when you have ewcm or watery (fertile) cm. For nearly a year I used ovulation kits without paying attention to cm, because I didn't realise that sperm could only travel if the cm is right. The month I used cm as my guide (at nearly 39 years of age) bam, I got preggo. xx

Old Oct 3rd, 2016, 07:52 AM   9
CaliDreaming
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

I'm a big fan of the Clearblue Easy tests. They are the most accurate you can get and takes all the guesswork out of ovulation. I have the CBFM fertility monitor and though it was pricey, it was worth every cent.

Old Oct 3rd, 2016, 10:21 AM   10
Jenny Bean
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feline View Post
I would personally advise....ignore ovulation kits and focus instead on dtd when you have ewcm or watery (fertile) cm. For nearly a year I used ovulation kits without paying attention to cm, because I didn't realise that sperm could only travel if the cm is right. The month I used cm as my guide (at nearly 39 years of age) bam, I got preggo. xx
Hi Feline!

I was 38 when I got preggo, lol
How old are you now? I am 40 and my LO is 15 months...are you going to add to your family?

SEO by vBSEO