LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 30th, 2016, 21:30 PM   21
Braven05
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Sorry, forgot to update! CD 8 here, last cycle was a bust. 31 day cycle, crazy how many symptoms I had.

Anyways, I'm on my last day of femara tomorrow. Went up to 5mg this month. I feel my ovaries doing something already so I hope it's a good sign. They feel heavy and slightly achey.

We'll start BDing regularly probably on CD 10 every other day. I have an u/s scheduled for CD 13 to check my follies. Hoping for good news.

Fingers crossed for you! Keep us posted.

Old Dec 1st, 2016, 09:12 AM   22
MamaBerry
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Braven, that does sound like a good sign, I hope your u/s shows some nice big follies! Keep us posted too!

I have a slightly, possibly irrational, hope that this is THE cycle. When I used the OPK i got my smiley faces on cd14 and cd15, and miracle of miracles Hubs and I got to DTD both days (without my little guy waking up in the middle of the night, like he is prone to do, lol).

I know I should be strong and hold out to test on Monday, but I will probably cave and test tomorrow. Will send a quick update if I do! Geez, its so hard to work when all I want to do is POAS, hahaha

Old Dec 1st, 2016, 10:26 AM   23
Braven05
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

lol that's awesome MamaBerry! Fingers and toes crossed for you. Sounds like you had great timing!

I should pick up some opks but I'm happy to be going in and actually see how things are responding. I have an appointment afterwards to speak with my gyn.

I was going to ask about using this trigger shot I have leftover from my cancelled Clomid/IUI cycle back in 2014 but I checked the exp. date on it and it expired 2/2016. What a waste. I had coverage at the time so paid nothing for it, but the price on that little vial is $245!

Anywho, let me know how your tests go!

Old Dec 2nd, 2016, 06:36 AM   24
dan-o
Other
BnB Elite

Mama berry all sounds really positive! Hope you are right I'll be checking for your updates!!!

Braven that's annoying, good job you are not out of pocket! Good luck with your ultrasound, fx for a couple of juicy follies!

I'm right at the point of ovulation, been a good cycle so far as I've made it to cd16 which gives me a much higher chance of a viable egg! Also blaring fertile signs, the vitex is definitely make a difference. (I've had ridiculously early ovulation and short LP issues recently)

Old Dec 2nd, 2016, 08:44 AM   25
MamaBerry
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I tested this morning, and it was a B.F.N. Stark white bfn. Kinda bummed, but it is early so my ridiculous hope fairy is still flitting around in my head. If AF doesn't show, I will test on Tuesday, just to make sure.

I feel you Braven. In 2012 I had the fertility drugs covered by work, but now nothing is I won't be taking any until January, but I have the price list and its a bit daunting.

That's great news dan-o! Can I ask how long you've been using the vitex? I'm on a bunch of things (Ubiquinol, Withania...) from my naturopath but she didn't mention vitex. I think I'm going to ask her about it next week.

Hope you all get to enjoy the weekend!

Old Dec 2nd, 2016, 17:37 PM   26
dan-o
Other
BnB Elite

Ugh sorry for the bfn xxx Hopefully just a tad too early

Vitex is also known as chaste berry and agnus castus, so you may know or be taking it it as that instead? I started it in September after a long run of bfn's and fell pregnant right away, unfortunately not with a viable one (but I have always issues with that)

Old Dec 6th, 2016, 09:06 AM   27
MamaBerry
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Well another bfn this morning, but still no AF. I actually am taking Vitex under the name of Chaste Tree so maybe its helping to get my cycle back to 28 days? I started it at the beginning of November.

I'm sorry to hear you have issues staying pregnant dan-o. I have only had the one mc, and the fear of it adds another layer to this IF craziness.

Braven did you have your u/s yet?

Old Dec 6th, 2016, 11:20 AM   28
Braven05
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Hey, sorry about the BFN MamaBerry!

I had my u/s yesterday and overall it was a positive experience. My gyn was almost giddy with what she saw, although I read into it (stupid Google) afterwards and didn't feel quite so promising afterwards.

So, I had 2 follies on the left and one tiny, insignificant one on the right. One of the follies she said, smaller than the other was odd shaped and she was sure was a cyst which she said is not uncommon when taking fertility meds. The other was nice and round and she said looked very typical of a pre-ovulatory follicle.

My endometrium was also nice and thick so she said that it looked like I was responding well to the meds...meds tell my brain to produce the right chemicals to grow follicles, follicles grow which in turn tell my uterus to grow lining.

She was excited about it but when she told me the measurement, it sounded awful big to me - 2.91 cm or 29 mm. Everything I read said that this was over mature or a cyst. But I feel like if she didn't think it was viable, she would have said something, you know?

Anyways, I asked about using my old trigger shot and she said she couldn't advise me to but if I did, it wouldn't hurt anything. If it was too old it simply wouldn't work, but it wouldn't hurt anything.

Soo, we "triggered" last night and DTD. We'll DTD again tomorrow and every other day for another few days. I don't feel anything doing anything so who knows.

We also chatted and made some plans for moving forward. I probably won't do any monitoring again, as I was just curious if I was responding. I really can't afford to pay out of pocket for extra visits and scans, etc.

She is willing to bump me to 7.5 mg if I'm willing to do another cycle of 5 mg first. She also said all of the symptoms I had last cycle were a really good sign. She seemed very optimistic. I've got my fingers crossed for sure!

Old Dec 6th, 2016, 14:24 PM   29
dan-o
Other
BnB Elite

No no braven!! Don't worry about 29. At all!

Mine are usually over 30 when on clomid and all 3 of my kids are from follies of over 30!! Hurts like hell when they pop and I get awful bloating after ov but who cares if it works

Mama, so sorry you got a bfn yes chaste tree is the same I believe. It's working wonders for me, I feel a lot better on it!

Yeah the multiple losses are vile. I go through spates of getting pregnant easily with non viable babies, then can have long bfn stretches for no good reason either! Worth all the pain when it goes right though!

Old Dec 6th, 2016, 18:24 PM   30
Braven05
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Omg Dan-o you just made me so happy! I searched and searched trying to find stories of others getting bfps from follies that big and found almost nothing! I'm so relieved to hear that. Thank you.

SEO by vBSEO