LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 10th, 2017, 14:25 PM   1
Stormborn
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Wacky BBTs and OPKs after Clomid?

Hi everyone. This is my first month of 50mg of Clomid days 3-7. I remember during my Clomid Challenge last month that my OPKs were super positive way earlier than I thought they should be, so I stopped using them. But this month, taking the "normal" dose of Clomid, my temps have been up and down every other day and my OPK already looks positive and it's only CD9 for me right now (I usually get a + OPK anywhere between CD 12 and 15.

Has anyone else gone through this? My doctor said that the Clomid could push my ovulation date forward a few days but if I'm already getting false positive OPKs and my temps are all over the place (usually averaging out around 97.77 before O; this cycle I'm going between 97.91 and 98.33 and all points in between), then how am I ever going to figure out when I O?!

Gah, tell me I'm not crazy!

Old Jan 10th, 2017, 22:00 PM   2
Stormborn
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Anyone?

Old Jan 13th, 2017, 13:19 PM   3
hollylooyah
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Hi Stormborn! I am currently on my 5th round of clomid 50mg. My temps have only been regular 2 out of 5 months. I also think that the first two months I took clomid, I ovulated later than normal. However, the next two cycles placed ovulation around day 14-15 which should be normal. This last month (present cycle), however, I'm not sure if I even ovulated. Temps have been low all month and I'm just not sure. AF is due any day now.

Anyhow, I think it took my body a couple of cycles to get used to the clomid. Figers crossed for you!

Old Jan 13th, 2017, 15:35 PM   4
Stormborn
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Thanks, Holly. I really hate "flying blind" and trying to figure out what's happening without the benefit of BBTs. I normally ovulate around day 12-15, and I just got my first definitively positive OPK today so fingers crossed

SEO by vBSEO