LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 12th, 2017, 15:09 PM   1
cmoreno91343
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

Maca Root

Hello Ladies. I'm 38 and new to this site and just read some stuff about Maca Root helping women to ovulate. I have PCOS and have been TTC for many years after a failed FET. Have any of you used Maca Root to ovulate? If yes, which brand did you use?

Old Jan 14th, 2017, 12:06 PM   2
WishnandHopn
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

My naturopath recommended maca, but not to help with ovulation, more to help balance hormones and for stress. It's an adaptogen, meaning it can help balance hormones without actually containing any. We have the Vega brand. Look for one that's gelatinized as it's easier to digest. I'm not taking it now, but my husband is and I think it gives him more energy.

http://natural-fertility-info.com/maca

Have you tried Vitex? It's like nature's clomid for ovulation.

http://natural-fertility-info.com/vitex

Old Jan 17th, 2017, 15:42 PM   3
cmoreno91343
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

Thank you @WishnandHopn I really appreciate your response. I was reading up on the Vitex information last week and was looking into purchasing it soon. I have another question if you don't mind answering it. What brand of vitex do you think is the best?

Old Jan 17th, 2017, 23:32 PM   4
WishnandHopn
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I've never used vitex so I wouldn't know which ones are good. I bet if you posted a new thread "which brand of vitex is best" you'd get a ton of responses!

Old Jan 18th, 2017, 14:44 PM   5
cmoreno91343
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

@WishnandHopn thank you so much for your help and the info. Good luck

Old Jan 21st, 2017, 12:23 PM   6
Rose257
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB Member

Hi there,
I'm on my second month of using Maca. It had me ovulated last cycle, and blood test showed I implanted but unfortunately it didn't stay as I also took provera for 5 days to help low progesterone levels.

I started slow on Maca and bumped it up to 2200mg. I have been taking the gelatinized form of Maca from Vega brand. You can get it in Kardish.

I would combine Maca with Materna and healthy food (green veggies, salmon, eggs, no caffeine etc).

I'm on my CD 6 cycle #2. I'll keep you posted.

Old Feb 15th, 2017, 17:25 PM   7
wantingagirl
Waiting To Try (WTT)
BnB Elite

I'm considering starting maca root again

Old Feb 16th, 2017, 11:39 AM   8
lisap2008
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

I have read of maca helping balance hormones in PCOS, I never took it though because I was scared of it raising androgen levels which is already high in PCOS. two supplements that are recommended also for PCOS : Myo-Inositol ,and Nac N-Acetyl Cysteine

In a study published in 2007 in Gynecological Endocrinology, 25 women received MYO (4g/day) for six months. The results: 88% of patients had one spontaneous menstrual cycle during treatment, of whom 72% maintained normal ovulatory activity. A total of 10 pregnancies (40% of patients) were obtained.

Raffone et al compared the effects of metformin and MYO in women with PCOS. Sixty women received 1,500 mg/day of metformin, while 60 women received 4 g/day of MYO plus 400 mcg of folic acid. Ovulation was restored in 65% of women treated with MYO vs. 50% in the metformin group. More pregnancies occurred in the MYO group vs. metformin (18% vs. 11%).

A study published in the European Review Medical Pharmacology examined the effects of both forms of inositol in women with PCOS undergoing fertility treatments. One group received 2g of MYO twice daily and a second group with .6g of DCI twice daily. Women who received MYO had better, more mature eggs and more pregnancies than those who took DCI.

N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC), helps women with PCOS improve fertility, reduce inflammation and oxidative stress, and improve metabolic complications of PCOS including insulin resistance, fatty liver, and high cholesterol. NAC also increased the take home baby rate in women with recurrent pregnancy loss.

SEO by vBSEO