LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 27th, 2017, 15:25 PM   1
NotShowing
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

39 and TTC #2 Urgent Advice Needed

Hi all. Nice to meet you. Their are lots more in the 40's range trying to conceive, so that's encouraging. So, here's my story. I never did get pregnant in my 20's even though I wanted to conceive before. In my 30's I conceived with my husband, but we lost the baby very early on, but it was devastating to the both of us and led us into a saga of trying to get pregnant for almost 4 years. Now we have a 17 month old son. We are very grateful for this blessing that occurred after using Metformin. We have been trying for about a year now for baby #2,, but have not been successful as of yet. My period was due yesterday, but I didn't get it and now it's the next day and still no bleeding, just very painful cramps in my pelvic area and my lower back. I am amazed that it's still not come with the severity of the cramps. I don't want to take a pregnancy test so I am not disappointed, and my husband wants us to at least wait a week before we test. Could these cramps be an early pregnancy symptom? I never had this with my son. Anyone have any advice or know what this may be?

Old Jan 28th, 2017, 04:03 AM   2
Bee76
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

Hello. Nice to meet you. I seem to remember having period like cramps before testing positive with my first pregnancy. Good luck. I hope you have some great news soon.

Old Jan 28th, 2017, 12:01 PM   3
NotShowing
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Thank You!

I hope you are right. The waiting is the hard part. Now 2 days late and I just don't think it's coming, even though I have bad cramps. I really pray that it is not ectopic. How long did you have the pains and were they bad?

Old Jan 29th, 2017, 08:05 AM   4
shane24
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

Hi,
New here! I am 36 yrs old and me and my dh had been trying for 6 yrs now. Had a d&c procedure 4 months ago due to polyps and heavy bleeding, i was given birth control pill after the surgery w/c is suppose to stop ovulation and monthly period. But i got my menstration a month after d&c, bleeding for 2 wiks, stop then dr change pills, bled after a week for 5 days. I stop to take the meds and bleeding stop. Been 9weeks now since last menstration. I got pimple breakout and major hair fall, i think my tummy is also getting bigger than usual. I test in dec but got negative result, test again recently but still got negative result. Confused!

Old Jan 29th, 2017, 08:50 AM   5
NotShowing
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Sounds like you have been put through the ringer. Have you ever been on Cabergoline to regulate your periods? You could have high prolactin levels, which is why you aren't getting your period. I was on it for about 6 months and my period always came during that time. Check with your doctor. Good luck!

Old Jan 29th, 2017, 10:48 AM   6
shane24
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

Tnx! I will. I was in duphaston and clomid before to regulate my menstration (heavy bleeding most of the time) d&c due to hyperplasia and polyps. I might be having hysterical pregnancy coz im seeing baby bumps in my tummy.

Old Jan 29th, 2017, 16:09 PM   7
NotShowing
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I am on "pins and needles" about whether I am pregnant, or not. This is going to be a hard week to get through.

Old Jan 29th, 2017, 23:08 PM   8
shane24
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

Good luck! Fingers cross,
I hope its a great news for u!

Old Jan 30th, 2017, 11:12 AM   9
NotShowing
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane24 View Post
Good luck! Fingers cross,
I hope its a great news for u!
I think I am getting my period. Have some spotting. Hope it just stays with the spotting and not a real period. I am so disappointed.

Old Jan 30th, 2017, 11:48 AM   10
NotShowing
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

It Came! :(

I got my period at 5 days late! I really thought I was pregnant. Glad I didn't buy the test and just have been even more disappointed. Hard day! I guess I will just try the Metformin again next cycle. I have never been that late before. Maybe it's a miscarriage.

SEO by vBSEO