Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 22nd, 2017, 11:12 AM   21
lisap2008
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,677
To be honest at 15dpo the embryo would be the size of a poppy seed, I have had 2 possibly 3 early losses at 5 weeks and never noticed the embryo leave my body,I wish I could have known when they left my body, I just figured when the HCG dropped to 0 it was over, if it makes you feel better to bury it then there is nothing wrong with that.
A friend of mine was 11 weeks when she lost her baby and when she passed her baby she was able to give it to the doctor/lab and they were able to do some testing on it and found out it had downs syndrome. She was able to TTC again right after. I am not sure if they can do testing this early but they would be able to look at it under the microscope to tell you if it was an embryo. I would highly recommend seeing a reproductive endocrinologist verses a GP.



Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 22nd, 2017, 14:42 PM   22
TheWishfulOne
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: South East England.
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisap2008 View Post
To be honest at 15dpo the embryo would be the size of a poppy seed, I have had 2 possibly 3 early losses at 5 weeks and never noticed the embryo leave my body,I wish I could have known when they left my body, I just figured when the HCG dropped to 0 it was over, if it makes you feel better to bury it then there is nothing wrong with that.
A friend of mine was 11 weeks when she lost her baby and when she passed her baby she was able to give it to the doctor/lab and they were able to do some testing on it and found out it had downs syndrome. She was able to TTC again right after. I am not sure if they can do testing this early but they would be able to look at it under the microscope to tell you if it was an embryo. I would highly recommend seeing a reproductive endocrinologist verses a GP.
I did wonder in terms of size, what it would be. The dark section inside the little translucent outer is quite longish, slightly curved over at one end, tapering down and small; there's just something about the shape of it that looks so much like the images I've seen online of embryos at that stage, or maybe I was slightly further along than I initially thought?
Guess we'll never know for sure now but never mind, life has to go on, no matter what the bean shape was.
We did go & buy a white orchid this afternoon. My partner chose it. He's been quite down about the whole thing.

Fingers crossed that next time we try we have more luck so my wonderful fiance can be a dad at last ❤



Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 22nd, 2017, 16:05 PM   23
lisap2008
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,677
Well to be clear the embryo would be quite small a poppy seed the week AF is due but the sac makes it look bigger, more like a kidney bean like you described but at such an early stage is easy to mistake the bean for a blood clot. I found a site with pictures of passed embryos warning though they are graphic : http://lostinnocentsorthodox.blogspo...otographs.html

I hope your able to conceive again soon.



Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 23rd, 2017, 16:02 PM   24
TheWishfulOne
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: South East England.
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisap2008 View Post
Well to be clear the embryo would be quite small a poppy seed the week AF is due but the sac makes it look bigger, more like a kidney bean like you described but at such an early stage is easy to mistake the bean for a blood clot. I found a site with pictures of passed embryos warning though they are graphic : http://lostinnocentsorthodox.blogspo...otographs.html

I hope your able to conceive again soon.
Thankyou.
The dark bit inside was pretty small I guess.
Whether it is or isn't what we think, my doc thinks we have still lost the Bean.
The bleeding has been lighter and fluctuating a fair bit. No more big clots, a few smaller bits though.
Last night the tummy twinges were quite intense again. During today they have been intermittent & quite sharp low in my abdomen.
The dizziness quite strong & occasional nausea.
Suppose any hormonal changes that started are now subsiding and causing odd effects.

Sorry to keep going on. This is beyond anything I've experienced or felt before so really not sure what to make of it all.

We have decided we will monitor things closely & try again, though not sure whether we should wait a cycle or just follow the opk's as soon as we can & let nature take its course.

Added comment: Just had a look at the link. Thankyou for posting that for me.
What I have lost looks exactly like what the lady is holding in the first picture, the little red kidney bean shaped thing. And would fit in with my timeline at that stage too.



Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 26th, 2017, 06:16 AM   25
TheWishfulOne
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: South East England.
Posts: 21
It's been a few days since I last posted & nature took its course in terms of my pregnancy.
Even though it was very early on it has surprised me how run down I have felt in terms of energy & general well being.
Maybe I'm just noticing more because I'm alot older than when I had my son 20yrs ago.

Since Wednesday the bleeding subsided considerably. Yesterday (Saturday) there was nothing & I had a pretty good day. Did start getting weird twinges on my right hand side, by my hip, like I usually get when ovulating though. So that has thrown me. I couldn't be ovulating already?!
But today (Sunday) there is some pink dc again & I feel like crap. Very drained feeling & bad headache.
Guessing it's more to do with hormones trying to sort themselves out again than anything else.
Roll on next AF then me & my beloved fiance can try again.

Sending love & baby dust to all those who are trying xx



Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 26th, 2017, 11:19 AM   26
lisap2008
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,677
The twinges could be your follicles growing not necessarily ready to be released yet. I have heard of early ovulation after a miscarriage but the earliest being CD9. really early ovulation is actually not a good thing as your uterine lining needs more time to build up before you ovulate. how are you tracking your ovulation?.



Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 28th, 2017, 05:44 AM   27
TheWishfulOne
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: South East England.
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisap2008 View Post
The twinges could be your follicles growing not necessarily ready to be released yet. I have heard of early ovulation after a miscarriage but the earliest being CD9. really early ovulation is actually not a good thing as your uterine lining needs more time to build up before you ovulate. how are you tracking your ovulation?.
Thanks for getting back to me.
I've been using those simple sticks that you dip into a urine sample. I suppose with my last bleed likely being an early mc it will throw out all my usual timings now.
All the odd cramps, headaches, lower back ache & twinges I guess are my body readjusting itself.
Last night & today I've been treated to stabbing pain through my boobs, especially the left one again, occasionally itchy feeling around my nipples, needing to wee quite a bit & mild nausea.
My hormones really don't know if they're coming or going do they.



Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 28th, 2017, 11:51 AM   28
lisap2008
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,677
My cycles came as normal after my chemicals just my period was two weeks late and I think I ovulated late after the first chemical. Have you had your CD 3 bloods tested yet?.



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 1st, 2017, 01:22 AM   29
TheWishfulOne
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: South East England.
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisap2008 View Post
My cycles came as normal after my chemicals just my period was two weeks late and I think I ovulated late after the first chemical. Have you had your CD 3 bloods tested yet?.
I've been offered no blood tests at all. I have an appointment this week for something else but I think recent events will come up too so maybe my doctor will mention them then...
They seem to have a 'wait, see and try again' attitude which I guess is all they can do really.



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 31st, 2017, 18:02 PM   30
TheWishfulOne
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: South East England.
Posts: 21
Back again.
Took some time away from online to focus on me & my health.
Have had to put ttc on hold for a bit longer as I've just been told I have Subclinical Hypothyroidism now...not majorly extreme but enough to cause some fairly severe symptoms of fatigue, joint pain etc.
When it doesn't rain it pours eh...😕
Been started off on a low dose of Levothyroxine for 6wks then got to have another blood test to check the levels of my T4 and TSH.
Hoping my levels will settle soon so we can get back to making my other halfs dream of being a dad a reality ☺



Status: Offline
 

SEO by vBSEO