LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 16th, 2017, 16:09 PM   1
TheWishfulOne
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Older mum (45) trying for a baby.

Hi there, newbie to online forums but getting confused by my body at the moment so hoping the lovely folks on here may have advise or info that could help me work things out.
I'm 45, mum already to a 20yr old, but don't remember much about what happened in my early pregnancy back then!
His father passed away 5yrs ago and 2yrs ago I met someone new but younger than me (34) who has no children of his own yet. We've been engaged for a year & have chatted about things, given my age etc & decided to try.
After months of tracking my cycles & using opk's we think we got our timing spot on this time around.
My last period was (day 1) 24/1/17, ov'd 7/2/17 according to a strong line on the dip strip. So we made sure we did the deed around that date & have been hopeful we got it right.
A couple of days after we dtd I got suddenly REALLY sensitive nipples & they have been ever since in varying degrees. After Ov the cm usually disappears before AF makes an appearance but this time it's been pretty consistent, quite thickish & creamy (sorry if TMI). 4dpo I had a sudden sharp pain on my right hand side one evening, very sharp but fleeting. Hasn't happened since.
5 or 6dpo there was a hint of pink to the cm then it went back to whiteish later in the day.
I've been getting some cramps similar to the AF types since then but also different ones that I don't recognise, specifically just below my navel; kind of pinching, pulling ones, along my lower abdomen too.
Now I'm 9dpo I'm still getting mild cramps and again this evening there has been some pinkish cm/dc, not lots though. Not sure if AF is threatening to appear early or could it be IB? (Fingers X'd!!)
Will admit I've been desperate & Impatient & done a couple of 10mIU hp dip test strips but both negative.
Think it'd be too early to tell yet anyway?
I've been ridiculously tired this part week & a tad moody on & off when I'm not normally.
My OH agreed that the veins in my boobs are looking more visible too...another early sign?

I also recently got told I have a 2 x 2.5 x 1.8cm Intramural Fibroid which has been causing heavier bleeding the past couple of months, so a bit worried that could be affecting things, even though my doc has said it shouldn't do & to go ahead & try to conceive as normal.

So sorry for such a long post but trying to work out what my body is up to...😨

Old Feb 16th, 2017, 20:39 PM   2
lisap2008
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

It could be too early for the BFP, your symptoms sound promising, best of luck.

Old Feb 17th, 2017, 05:56 AM   3
TheWishfulOne
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Thankyou for your reply lisap2008 ☺

I'm going to be good & try really hard to hold off with anymore HPT's over the next few days and wait to see if Flo shows herself. If she doesn't then I'll know to test again, at a better time 👍
Just praying the weird cramps etc aren't to do with the fibroid or my age throwing things out of kilter.
All fingers & toes are firmly crossed here! x

Old Feb 17th, 2017, 11:15 AM   4
TheWishfulOne
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

So, today I'm 10dpo which would mean roughly 4 days till Flo is due but today I've had some mild lower abdominal cramps & light bleeding (so far)
REALLY hope it's IB & not AF, I truly do.
My nipples are still super sensitive which they aren't normally around AF time, I'm still way more sleepy than usual.
Kept getting slight light headed feeling earlier. Infact earlier on H felt downright rough. After a 2hr nap is when the bleed appeared, went for a wee & got greeted by some light pink on the paper afterwards. Again, apologies for to much info.

Aaargh! Getting so frustrated with my body. Want to have a positive this time around as I'm becoming all to aware of my block ticking away & the chances getting more & more remote for doing this naturally.
Everything is remaining firmly crossed! X

Old Feb 17th, 2017, 11:19 AM   5
TheWishfulOne
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

That should be *I, not H and *clock ticking away. Not block. Although that could be on it's way out too with all this headscratching & wondering.
Tick tock, tick tock ⏳⏰ 😨

Old Feb 17th, 2017, 11:21 AM   6
lisap2008
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

I have been trying for so long I have learned not to get excited over symptoms , But I hope this is BFP for you!.

Old Feb 17th, 2017, 17:41 PM   7
TheWishfulOne
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I'm starting to realise that maybe I shouldn't get too excited every time, and just let what happens happen....x

Old Feb 18th, 2017, 11:13 AM   8
TheWishfulOne
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Ok, so today I'm 11dpo, cycle day 25.
AF due around the 21st Feb, today is the 18th & there is some mild lower abdominal cramping & brownish cm (sorry, tmi). Have had small amounts of pale pink creamy cm at 4,9,10 dpo and now it is slight & brown.
Not sure if it is implantation or AF making a start early.

Been quite dizzy on & off again today, and last night my nipples were quite sensitive, particularly the left one, that felt sore, (almost like a burning sensation) they were both quite dark & 'perky', shall we say, for no apparent reason 😉

Still rather confused but shall keep waiting...no more premature testing before AF's due date though. Going to wait over the weekend here & see what happens.
Pinkies firmly crossed as always! 🍀🍀

Old Feb 18th, 2017, 12:48 PM   9
lisap2008
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Do you usually spot before AF? if not I think its a good sign.

Old Feb 19th, 2017, 08:26 AM   10
TheWishfulOne
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

As a rule no, especially not lately as the fibroid has made the last couple of AF's pretty heavy. No spotting with them, they just appeared for a good few days.

I'm still uncertain. Had some sparse brown cm again today and it is now becoming redder.
Got a feeling all the 'signs' have just been AF playing games with me

SEO by vBSEO