LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 28th, 2017, 17:28 PM   1
JSJB731
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

Clomid question

I just got AF today after my first round of Clomid, 50 mg day 3 - 7, so I'm pretty disappointed. Last Friday my OBGYN called me in another round of 50 mg to be taken on days 3 - 7 again, so I'm supposed to start Thursday with that. Now I'm wondering should I ask her to call me in 100 mg instead? I do ovulate on my own most of the time. she just said Clomid would help to boost my ovulation. I normally ovulate day 11 or 12, one time it was day 10. This last month on clomid I ovulated day 12, so nothing drastically different except my cycle was a day or two longer than I expected (26 days).
Does anyone have the same situation as me or were you at one point in this situation where you ovulate on your own but still tried Clomid? What mg did you try? Did it result in a BFP?

Old Mar 1st, 2017, 19:51 PM   2
2plus1more
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Hi! I had a similar situation/cycles as yourself. My cycle was about 23-25 days and I typically ovulated on day 10-12. My RE put me on clomid 50 mg the 1st cycle and I had a BFN. He kept me at 50 mg the second cycle and when I questioned it, he said that the clomid would remain in my system into the second cycle and he didn't want to increase the dosage too quickly. He was right because I became pregnant on the second cycle with a healthy baby boy! Are you being monitored with ultrasound and blood draws? What are your labs like (amh or FSH)? I remember feeling really down after the first month, but clomid really can work on us older girls. I was 41 at the time.

Old Mar 1st, 2017, 21:49 PM   3
JSJB731
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

Hi 2plus1more! That really gives me hope! I have been so depressed the last few days, especially since I'm temping and my temps plummeted starting on Saturday, so I knew what was coming. I am not being monitored or getting bloodwork. I asked my OBGYN about it and she said she didn't think it was needed.(?) I am scheduled for a first visit to an RE in a month if I don't get a BFP this time.
I had my FSH tested two years ago because I was worried about the spotting I used to have which usually would start 4 days before my period. FSH was normal at that time. my obgyn said I didn't need any repeat bloodwork. I've never had my AMH tested. What exactly is that?
It's so nice to hear from someone with the same type of cycles. It seems like the shorter cycles aren't discussed as much or maybe it is just me. What days did you take Clomid at the time? 3 - 7 or 5 - 9?

Old Mar 2nd, 2017, 09:33 AM   4
2plus1more
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

I can't remember 100%, but I think I took clomid days 3-7. Probably doesn't matter a whole lot though. How long have you been trying? If awhile you may want to get the amh test done. It gives an idea of egg reserve and it's a simple blood draw. Let me know if you have any more questions. I remember googling way too much I was driving myself crazy.

Old Mar 6th, 2017, 02:51 AM   5
Katy78
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Hi. I ovulate on my own but had high FSH 6 years ago (23 and 19), not checked since then. I only took 25 mg of clomid 3 - 7 and it worked. Actually, it's worked every time till now - 3 times. But two out of three were early losses. I took it again last month and now I'm waiting to find out if it was a successful cycle again.

If you ovulate on your own already, I wouldn't increase your dose. There are a lot of factors that can prevent a pregnancy that have nothing to do with clomid. But that's just me, whatever you decide will be fine.

Good luck!

Old Mar 16th, 2017, 10:37 AM   6
lisap2008
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

I got a BFP on 100mg of clomid but I also got mild OHSS very bloated and painful in the 2ww and it was a chemical pregnancy/very early loss, so more is not always better. I would stick with the lower dose unless your not responding at all. the higher the dose the more it may have a thinning effect on the uterine lining increasing the chance of a chemical pregnancy. If you want to be more aggressive I would ask about combining clomid with low dose FSH injections but you should be monitored via ultrasound with the FSH injections.

Old Mar 21st, 2017, 11:35 AM   7
Dandi
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Nothing to add, but just following along. I had my son last summer with the help of an RE. I was on femara, metformin, gonal f injections and an IUI (got pregnant first round). We are ready to try for #2 (extremely low AMH, so no time to waste) and I asked my regular OB if we could just try clomid for a few months before we go back to the RE. He put me on 50mg, but I'm wondering if 100 mg might have a better chance if the 50 doesn't work. It's nice to read that someone's doctor mentioned that it may have a bit of a cumulative effect from month to month.

Old Mar 22nd, 2017, 16:18 PM   8
dan-o
Other
BnB Elite

I am another success story.. I took 50 mg CD2 to 6. Like you, I ovulate on my own. While it did not prevent miscarriage completely (I still had a couple on clomid) it upped my success rate drastically (I've had many natural BFP end in miscarriage). All 3 of my children are the result of clomid cycles!

SEO by vBSEO