LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 30th, 2017, 04:58 AM   1
PatientMum
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Frustrated with early pregnancy symtoms after embryo transfer

Dear ladies, I wonder if any of you has had a similar experience: I underwent about 8 embryo transfers in the past three years. In half of the cases, all resulting in either chemical or a MC, I started feeling pregancy symtoms increadibly early - just the following day after the transfer, which is days before implantantion is finished, including and mainly a clear change in appetite preferences - craving unhealthy food such as greasy fast food-, fatigue, increased temperature, sleepiness. In the three chemical pregnancies, those symtoms ebbed and finally disappered shortly before I was due to test. All were faint BFPs but about a week later AF arrived. Same happened with the MC, only the BFP was very clear and "decisive" and symtoms lasted longer. How come I start these symtoms days before implantation is complete? Am I some kind of a over-sensitive freak? It's so painful to see the symptoms ebb and lose hope. I hate it. It's just happened again. In the other four transfers I had no symtoms and all ended in BFNs. Has any of you experienced something similar?? Or heard whether this is normal? Wishing you all a sticky BFP very soon!

Old Apr 2nd, 2017, 13:36 PM   2
lisap2008
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

I think symptoms are stronger on some 2ww due to increased progesterone, progesterone is what causes the early pregnancy symptoms and I think on your ET cycles when the embryo starts to embed in the uterine lining this causes an increase in progesterone , even if implantation fails which ends in chemical pregnancy pregnancy symptoms can persist until the progesterone level falls. sorry about your losses.

Old Apr 3rd, 2017, 13:43 PM   3
PatientMum
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Lisap, I suppose you're right. Most women say they do not feel anything at least until implantion is finished or until they have missed their period, which makes more sense to me. I wish I had it the same way because this way I get my hopes up an then it hurts much more when the pregnancy ends.
But anyway, thank you for your note Lisap, I hope you get your soon. Are you also ttc via IVF or naturally?

Old Apr 3rd, 2017, 14:37 PM   4
lisap2008
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatientMum View Post
Lisap, I suppose you're right. Most women say they do not feel anything at least until implantion is finished or until they have missed their period, which makes more sense to me. I wish I had it the same way because this way I get my hopes up an then it hurts much more when the pregnancy ends.
But anyway, thank you for your note Lisap, I hope you get your soon. Are you also ttc via IVF or naturally?
Some of us are more sensitive to early symptoms plus in my experience each pregnancy is different ,I am trying naturally for the fun of it but totally not expecting anything to happen.

Old Apr 4th, 2017, 09:01 AM   5
MamaBerry
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Hi Patience

On a natural cycle, I always get symptoms around/after ovulation that are like early pregnancy symptoms: sore breasts, fatigue, nausea and head-aches. This time around I'm on progesterone and I have noticed that the symptoms are alot stronger. Not sure if its normal or not, but just wanted to let you know you are not alone!

Old Apr 5th, 2017, 11:31 AM   6
PatientMum
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Lisap, it's really great you can try natually. I wish I could too but have tubal blockage on both sides. Two of my "older" friends, both around 40 years old, got recently pregnant naturally rather than via ivf.

MamaBerry, thank you for your note! They give me progesterone pessaries for the 2ww but what bothers me is that during some cycles (where there's no chemical pg) I feel nothing remarkable compared to cycles with no ivf/ no added progesterone. But during cycles when the embryo starts attaching I get these clear pg signs really early on and then when the embryo stops developing, they're suddenly gone. In both cases I'm on progesterone. So I don't think the pessaries is the cause. It it must be my self-made progesteron resulting from the super inchoate pg, meaning simly that I am an over-sensitive freak, I'm afraid. I hope you get your sticky BFP very soon!

Old Apr 20th, 2017, 15:24 PM   7
Aleriya
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Hi Patientmum,

You are not alone. The same things were happening to my partner during the 2WW when we were trying home AI. She even had implantation bleeding and a positive blood test with low numbers before an early MC our first time. After that it seemed as though the other 2 WW symptoms would come early then go right before her next cycle started. It is a painful feeling, when that happens. You gets your hopes up only to be crushed. Eventually it got too emotional for us after a 2nd early mc, and we took a break. We are just starting to try again and have an IVF cycle coming up.

Best of luck to you!

SEO by vBSEO