LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 30th, 2017, 08:41 AM   1
Whatme
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Vitamin advice please

Hi ladies

I'm 37 and just come off cerazette pop pill, a few weeks ago, I have no idea how long it will take for my periods to return.. but what do I need to take vitamin wise to help me along.

Many thanks

Old Jun 30th, 2017, 09:20 AM   2
Angelique76
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Hi there,

I am on a prenatal vitamin including omega's, folate (natural form of folic acid which is absorbed better), Vit D3. There are ladies who take a lot more so maybe they can add to the llist

All the best.

Old Jun 30th, 2017, 09:22 AM   3
MindUtopia
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

I would take a quality pregnancy vitamin or some mix of vitamins if you don't want to take a combined supplement. Which one depends on just what suits you. But I would say more than that also just eat healthy and be moderately active. If you're in the UK, most people take Pregncare (they do a conception one as well, including one for partners). Personally, I hate Pregnacare and found it caused me all sorts of stomach problems before we were trying with our first (literally, so much stomach pain that I had an endoscopy because they thought I had an ulcer!). As soon as I switched, the pain went away in about 3 days. I took Solgar Prenatal Nutrients instead and I found them much more gentle (you can order on Amazon or my local natural health shop carries them too). This time around, I found I couldn't tolerate even those (terrible constipation), so I take a mix of supplements separately which works better for me (vitamin D, vitamin C, folic acid, Floradix for iron and B vitamins, and also a krill oil capsule). Nothing is going to magically make your fertile if you have any underlying infertility and it doesn't sound like you have any reason to believe you do. But certainly, it doesn't hurt to be sure that you don't have any deficiencies to start so you can be as healthy as you can be. I'm nearly 37 now and that's worked for me three times now, getting pregnant easily each time. Good luck!

Old Jun 30th, 2017, 12:45 PM   4
Whatme
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindUtopia View Post
I would take a quality pregnancy vitamin or some mix of vitamins if you don't want to take a combined supplement. Which one depends on just what suits you. But I would say more than that also just eat healthy and be moderately active. If you're in the UK, most people take Pregncare (they do a conception one as well, including one for partners). Personally, I hate Pregnacare and found it caused me all sorts of stomach problems before we were trying with our first (literally, so much stomach pain that I had an endoscopy because they thought I had an ulcer!). As soon as I switched, the pain went away in about 3 days. I took Solgar Prenatal Nutrients instead and I found them much more gentle (you can order on Amazon or my local natural health shop carries them too). This time around, I found I couldn't tolerate even those (terrible constipation), so I take a mix of supplements separately which works better for me (vitamin D, vitamin C, folic acid, Floradix for iron and B vitamins, and also a krill oil capsule). Nothing is going to magically make your fertile if you have any underlying infertility and it doesn't sound like you have any reason to believe you do. But certainly, it doesn't hurt to be sure that you don't have any deficiencies to start so you can be as healthy as you can be. I'm nearly 37 now and that's worked for me three times now, getting pregnant easily each time. Good luck!
Thank you, I think I'll go down the separate vitamin route too, as I have quite a few already.

SEO by vBSEO