LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 21st, 2017, 22:28 PM   1
Foreign Chick
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Anyone approaching O?

... and looking for a buddy?

Hey Lovelies,

I am 37 (38 in Nov) mom of 3 Girls. TTC #4. I've been TTC for off and on 2 years now. This is going to be my 5th non consecutive cycle actively trying. I am currently on CD 11 and waiting for O, to enter the 2WW-madness yet again... Hope someone out there would like to join me.

xoxox

Sil

Old Aug 28th, 2017, 01:57 AM   2
RawrGirl
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

39 and CD 8. I would love a buddy for the dreaded TWW.

My TTC Journal

Old Aug 28th, 2017, 14:04 PM   3
Foreign Chick
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Hiya RawrGirl

Do you usually have regular cycles with O around CD14?
How many Cycles have you been TTC? Do you have children already?
Wishing you a speedy O, so you can join the madness.

I'm currently at 4dpo with no symptoms what so ever...

xx

Old Aug 28th, 2017, 22:14 PM   4
RawrGirl
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

I have no idea when I O. This is my 6th cycle TTC. I have a 19-year-old who moved in with his Dad after HS. And DH and I have a 1-year-old. We really want to give the baby a sibling with less than 2 year age difference.

I bought Ovulation tests for this month. So hopefully this will be my month.

Do you have kids? Are you expecting symptoms at 4dpo?

My TTC Journal

Old Aug 29th, 2017, 07:15 AM   5
Foreign Chick
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Good Morning

I can 100% relate with wanting to give your 1 year old a sibling close in age! My DH and I have a blended family, he has a daughter ('05) from a previous marriage, I have 2 girls ('07 & '09) from my previous relationship, and together we have a daughter ('14) she just turned 3 and I feel as even tho we have " all these kids" she is growing up alone :/ My stepdaughter stays with us 50% of the time and my daughters are with their dad every other weekend, these are the days I particularly wish she had a playmate.

Surprisingly I've not had ANY symptoms until this am at 5dpo, felt some mild cramping, other than that feeling great! Thank you so much for asking :-)

Yeah, these OPK's come in handy that's for sure! You know I got my everything crossed for you!!! Let me know if I can be of any help xx

Old Aug 29th, 2017, 17:36 PM   6
RawrGirl
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Wow, I see why you feel like the 3 year old is alone. Do the older ones all get along?

Are you hoping for a boy?

Both my boys were unplanned/accidents, so I assumed that when I wanted a sibling for my LO it would happen immediately. Um...not. Oh, the irony, lol.

As for as OPK's, I know a dark line (or equal to control) means O in 24-48 hours so start BDing immediately. But, if I understand ppl's comments about OPK, when you start to see a faint second line, you're getting close to O, right?

Old Aug 30th, 2017, 06:59 AM   7
Foreign Chick
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Hiya

First of all >>>> HOW STINKING CUTE IS YOUR LITTLE MAN.... Oh my goodness!!!

My middle daughter is a little sassy at times, so if it does come to an argument it's mostly on her heheh. But for the most part they get along fine.

Yes, I am very much hoping for a boy. I always saw myself as a mom to boys, I am not a girly girl at all, so go figure I got 3 girls lol

As to the OPK's you're likely to Ovulate 12-36 hours after 1st positive! It could be 24h after as well but is less common. As far as the light line to dark like duration goes, it also varies.
For me this cycle I have gotten faint lines on CD 9 & 10 (same shade) then a little darker one on CD 11 (not by much tho). A nearly positive on CD 12 3:45pm and then @ 5:35 it turned into a positive, as I confirmed with a smiley through the CD digital. I'd recommend that if you see a near positive, test again within 4 hours, ( I usually can't hold pee more than 2 heheh) And yes once you see an as dark or darker line, I'd start BD! Good Luck, keep me posted! Feel free to post a pic of your test if you can, and would like a second set of eyes to evaluate! I usually log in several times a day

xx

Old Aug 30th, 2017, 11:12 AM   8
RawrGirl
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreign Chick View Post
First of all >>>> HOW STINKING CUTE IS YOUR LITTLE MAN.... Oh my goodness!!!

Thanks! Yes, he is a little ham for the camera, lol.

Quote:
Yes, I am very much hoping for a boy. I always saw myself as a mom to boys, I am not a girly girl at all, so go figure I got 3 girls lol

I have a slight preference for a little girl this time around, since I have two boys (I have a 19 year-old who moved in with his dad after HS), but I have all little boy stuff so that will be easier in that regard, so happy and healthy and getting along together is what I want most.

Quote:
As to the OPK's you're likely to Ovulate 12-36 hours after 1st positive...And yes once you see an as dark or darker line, I'd start BD!xx
I've actually never seen a positive. Several months ago, I bought a bunch of OPK's from the $ store to use for a cycle we weren't trying just to find out when my O day was. (My sister is a consistent CD 17). I tested from day 8-18 but forgot day 17. All days were just one line, except for day 16 and day 18. I figured that meant that I O'd on day 17 (the day I forgot to test). When I told my sister this last week, she said that I should see a positive more than once and that she doesn't think I O'd on Day 17. Which means I either O really late / after day 18, or really early / before day 8, or not at all that month. *sigh*

So...that's why this month I started testing during AF. I'm now CD 10, and we BD last night. We plan on BD every other day and then more if and when I see a positive. FX.

Old Aug 31st, 2017, 07:11 AM   9
Foreign Chick
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Hello

Sorry for the late response, was extremely busy yesterday, DD1 had BB try-outs and DD2 Cheer leading practice.... It's that time of the year. But I'm not complaining at all, yesterday made 6dpo fly by.

Sometimes it can be tricky to catch the peak, if you're not testing every 4 hours after a near positive. At times, even if testing throughout the day, it's hard to not dilute the urine and get the most accurate reading. Therefore BD every other day is a good plan!

I am sending you all the Pink dust, as you know I got tons

Are you charting BBT?

xx

Old Aug 31st, 2017, 09:57 AM   10
RawrGirl
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

No, I've never done BBT. 1) I only just looked into a week or so ago. 2) It looks like one more thing to obsess over and misread. 3) I would forget a LOT and throw it off all the time.

SEO by vBSEO