LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 9th, 2017, 21:16 PM   1
CaribbeanBaby
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Back on the ol' TTC crazy train... choo choo!

Well hello everyone!
I was very regular member on this site about 3 years ago when we decided to try for baby #2 (baby #1 for hubby) and it only took a couple of months of ttc before it happened! Fast forward 3 years and we have a VERY precocious little girl (turned 2 in July) who tells me she is the boss! So now I am 40 and ready for our last baby! I'm looking forward to sharing my story and also reading everyone else's stories 😊😊
All aboard the TTC crazy train!!

Old Oct 10th, 2017, 06:57 AM   2
napamermaid
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Hi carribean baby and welcome. Im 39 and hoping to conceive last baby shortly am very worried about age and my dh age. He will be 47 and baby born. Its just a scary time. How are u feeling age wise?

Old Oct 10th, 2017, 07:17 AM   3
CaribbeanBaby
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiecat View Post
Hi carribean baby and welcome. Im 39 and hoping to conceive last baby shortly am very worried about age and my dh age. He will be 47 and baby born. Its just a scary time. How are u feeling age wise?
Hi Alfie
I feel fine! I expected it to take a lot longer to get pregnant the second time around than it did when I was 22/23... but it was pretty easy! We did 2 very casual NTNP months but no tracking or charting or anything at all. Didn't even know when I was ovulating. Then I started tracking one month when I was away from hubby so when the next month came around I was all ready to go with charting and temps etc.. and boom! Pregnant! So I've been extremely lucky so far. I would be incredibly fortunate if I were pregnant this month, to have 3 easy conceptions... but this seems a little too easy! I had weight loss surgery 18 months ago and my cycles have been insanely off since then. I have AF 3 of the 4 weeks a month (on and off) so very hard to track anything. So we will see! My husband is a very old 43... but I like to think I am a young 40 (I'm very immature so that helps hah!) So hopefully everything will run as smoothly this time around.
The only issue I had pregnancy wise at 38 was very severe gestational diabetes... but I also had that at 23 so not sure that was age related at all!

Old Oct 11th, 2017, 11:04 AM   4
napamermaid
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Chat Happy BnB Member

43 isnt very old!!!
Congrats on the weight loss surgery, its a huge undertaking. Sorry to hear your cycle is off. We have decided to try this cycle so fingers crossed. Like that i feel being that much older it wont happen overnight - mores the pity😂😂😂

Old Oct 11th, 2017, 13:57 PM   5
Ask4joy
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

My husband will be 49 in February though he refuses to admit it...he seriously looks 35-38...lucky man! I’m afraid I’ll keep aging and he will just stay the same...must be something about those Greek genes!

Good luck - hopefully it will happen just as quickly as it did last time!

Old Oct 13th, 2017, 10:01 AM   6
CaribbeanBaby
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Thanks girls 😊
Currently in the 2WW but my cycle has been extremely irregular since the surgery so who knows what will happen! This waiting game sucks....

Old Oct 15th, 2017, 13:38 PM   7
Meezerowner
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Choo choo I'm in here too!

Me 35, OH 40. I have 4yo twins from previous relationship. Accidentally ended up in the TWW this month and has left me thinking that I prob do want another one and I know OH is keen. I have a stupidly long cycle too. Not really sure why, I might get it checked out if I am to take this seriously.

SEO by vBSEO