Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 19th, 2017, 11:03 AM   1
melrenee
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 35

New Here! Just saying Hello


Hi, I'm new to the site so just wanted to say hello and give a quick intro. I just turned 36 last month, DH is 37 and we are on cycle # 3 of TTC #2. We are the proud parents of a 2 year old boy and hoping to grow our family by one more!

Currently at 2 dpo and trying to hold out testing until Oct 30 (which is going to be very difficult!!)

Anyone else here in the TWW? Sending baby dust to all



Status: Offline
 
Old Oct 19th, 2017, 16:01 PM   2
Meezerowner
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by melrenee View Post
Hi, I'm new to the site so just wanted to say hello and give a quick intro. I just turned 36 last month, DH is 37 and we are on cycle # 3 of TTC #2. We are the proud parents of a 2 year old boy and hoping to grow our family by one more!

Currently at 2 dpo and trying to hold out testing until Oct 30 (which is going to be very difficult!!)

Anyone else here in the TWW? Sending baby dust to all
Hey. I am cautiously dipping my toe in "TTC over 35" although I think I am more WTT at the moment.

Just finished TWW (AF yesterday). It was actually an unintentional TWW but made me decide that I do want one more and OH is defo keen. Timing isn't great currently though so prob gonna have to wait until Jan to seriously TTC hence WTT.
I'm 35 (nearly 36) and OH is 40. I have 4yo (nearly 5yo) twins from a previous relationship.

My short term plan is to try and get a bit healthy as my cycles are crazy long and I could really use losing about 10kg. Gonna start some prenatal vitamins too. I think pregnancy must be harder pushing into the late 30s and I want to be ready!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Oct 20th, 2017, 08:23 AM   3
melrenee
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 35
thanks for responding meezer! yes, I also need to get healthy and lose about 20 lbs, not sure what that is in kg. I know what I need to do like eat better and get active but it's just so hard to really start! I started taking prenatals about 3 months ago because my doctor recommended it if we're TTC.

So are you experiencing any "symptoms" yet? Last night I had the worst cramps of my life and this morning felt a bit nauseous...but still I'm only 4 dpo so could all be in my head



Status: Offline
 
Old Oct 21st, 2017, 15:03 PM   4
Meezerowner
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by melrenee View Post
thanks for responding meezer! yes, I also need to get healthy and lose about 20 lbs, not sure what that is in kg. I know what I need to do like eat better and get active but it's just so hard to really start! I started taking prenatals about 3 months ago because my doctor recommended it if we're TTC.

So are you experiencing any "symptoms" yet? Last night I had the worst cramps of my life and this morning felt a bit nauseous...but still I'm only 4 dpo so could all be in my head
20lbs is about 9kg. So about the same as me then. I think I will struggle to lose 10kg tbh. I can manage the first 5 or 6kg ok then it becomes a struggle. But like you say it is also the starting that is tough. I am very lazy so try to do it all with food control that makes it difficult. I have managed to just stop eating junk food and snacks atm.

I am already out from the TWW for this month as got AF. So no symptoms for me. Symptom spotting sends you crazy though doesn't it. Amazing how much stuff you can generate in your mind whilst TTC. Do you have a positive feeling for this cycle? And which day are you gonna test?



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Oct 23rd, 2017, 15:23 PM   5
melrenee
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 35
Yes I'm very lazy too when it comes to weight loss! I still haven't even lost the baby weight from having my son and he's 2 now! hahah...did you lose the baby weight from having your twins?

Sorry the evil witch showed up for you so will you keep trying or WTT in January? I feel hopeful for this cycle, having loads of "symptoms" but of course trying not to let it get to my head.

I'm going to try to hold out on testing until Halloween, we'll see if I make it lol



Status: Offline
 
Old Oct 23rd, 2017, 15:52 PM   6
Meezerowner
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by melrenee View Post
Yes I'm very lazy too when it comes to weight loss! I still haven't even lost the baby weight from having my son and he's 2 now! hahah...did you lose the baby weight from having your twins?

Sorry the evil witch showed up for you so will you keep trying or WTT in January? I feel hopeful for this cycle, having loads of "symptoms" but of course trying not to let it get to my head.

I'm going to try to hold out on testing until Halloween, we'll see if I make it lol
I was really lucky after the twins that I was lighter than when I started! I lost weight in 1st tri (unintentionally) with stress and morning sickness. I wouldn't recommend it - but it was nice having delivered to be thinner than when I was TTC. Plus then I breastfed until they were 3.5yrs so that is a continual calorie burner. But as their feeds decreased I gradually started to gain weight and then over the last year I have put on loads. Just generally eating rubbish and not moving enough. I cook a lot from scratch and know how to eat healthy but I comfort eat a lot. And I eat snacks on the sly that I wouldn't let my kids eat! Combined with general laziness and getting older it is recipe for disaster!

We are defo WTT now. At least until Jan (maybe Xmas). A lot of life things have gotta get into place before realistically adding baby to the mix. Now that I have the idea in my head though it is difficult to wait particularly as I will turn 36 next month - I feel the clock tick ticking!

Hallowe'en is *ages* away you are very strong not to test until then! What symptoms have you got then and what dpo are you today? I will defo keep my fingers crossed for you. It will be a nice age gap with your son if you catch now.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Oct 23rd, 2017, 17:12 PM   7
MissN8
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,776
Hey ladies, can I join? I am 37 and ttc #1.



Status: Offline
 
Old Oct 23rd, 2017, 17:19 PM   8
Meezerowner
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissN8 View Post
Hey ladies, can I join? I am 37 and ttc #1.
Yeah course!

Are you WTT?



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Oct 24th, 2017, 03:58 AM   9
samp1981
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 15
Hi, I just posted in TTC but I guess I should be here lol. I'm 36 next week and TTC number 3, but number 1 with my partner

Sam xx



Status: Offline
 
Old Oct 24th, 2017, 05:51 AM   10
Meezerowner
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by samp1981 View Post
Hi, I just posted in TTC but I guess I should be here lol. I'm 36 next week and TTC number 3, but number 1 with my partner

Sam xx
Hey!

You are in a similar situation to me then. I am 36 next month and will be TTC my number 3 but will be the first for my OH too.

I am WTT for the next few months though. But getting myself psyched up.

How are you getting on and how old are your other children?



 
Status: Offline
 

SEO by vBSEO