LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 29th, 2018, 02:39 AM   21
ZooMa
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

BFNs for 7 days in a row... then CD 1 starts again on 1/29! I’ve only been charting two cycles but looks like I have a 25 and 27 day cycle… Was hoping they’d be longer. I think I’m gonna call my OB just to see how long i should try before I come and given that I’m 39 in a couple months. She said I don’t need to wait the whole six months that “they” say you need to wait after 35 years old. I’m really closer to 40. Yikes!

Good luck, ladies!

Old Jan 29th, 2018, 04:05 AM   22
jesstula
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I'm out ladies, af got me on Saturday. On to the next cycle. I turn 37 next week but I did have bloods done last month to make sure I'm still ovulating and they came back fine. My man is getting tested this week. Next cycle will be our 7th.

Old Jan 30th, 2018, 01:00 AM   23
ZooMa
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Well, here’s to February, jesstula (and others!). Maybe this will be the month... baby dust all around.

Old Feb 1st, 2018, 04:15 AM   24
jesstula
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Fingers crossed for us all. Good luck x

Old Feb 2nd, 2018, 00:18 AM   25
ZooMa
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I called my Obgyn office the other day and asked when to start an infertility workup (since I know things are cycle day sensitive and you can’t necessarily get all the info in one cycle) and she was willing to some basic stuff now. So, I went to the lab to get the ovarian reserve blood panel drawn in cycle day 3, but I don’t think results are back for a couple weeks. I know it’s early to worry, but my cycles are shorter than they used to be (now 26 days) so I don’t want to waste time. And, if my numbers aren’t good I may try the adoption route rather than farting around with treatments for me.

Plus, I know as soon as I start taking action I’ll end up knocked up - isn’t that how it goes? Maybe. Good luck!

Old Feb 2nd, 2018, 03:53 AM   26
jesstula
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

You've made the first step now, hopefully you have tempted fate and like you said you will end up conceiving! Do you have any other children or would this be your first? I'm in the uk so I think things are different as in tests, hospitals etc. I hope you get the results you want hun. Hopefully this will be our month!

Old Feb 2nd, 2018, 03:55 AM   27
jesstula
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Just read back and can see that you have other children! Same as me

Old Feb 2nd, 2018, 23:39 PM   28
ZooMa
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Well, I’m about average for my age when they put all the hormone levels together. I’m getting a saline bubble Yltrasound on Tuesday which might identify any big physical impediments (fibroids, etc) that could challenge conception. I didn’t want the radiation of an HSG so this may help. It may also “clear things out” so we will see. Valentine’s Day conceptions, here we come!

Old Feb 7th, 2018, 04:28 AM   29
jesstula
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

How did yesterday go? X

Old Feb 7th, 2018, 23:55 PM   30
ZooMa
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Thanks for asking! Actually, we didn’t get insurance preapproval and I didn’t want to risk a $900+ medical bill, so I canceled the procedure. I’m not really high risk for any obstructive issue other than c section x 2 which the ultrasound wouldn’t really address anyway.

I think ovulation is any day now. However, after a hellacious 1.5 hour bedtime tonight with screaming kids, hubby and I are NOT in the mood.

Do you know what the best birth control is? Kids.

Just kidding (well only sorta). Hopefully we’ll have energy tomorrow morning.

How are you getting along???