Forum Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 25th, 2018, 14:44 PM   1
Chrissy351982
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB Member

Have odd questions

My partner and I are trying to conceive. Things Iím going to mention may be said to be tmi, but mentioning them may help my questions to get answered. We found someone to donate through a mutual friend. We inseminated Sunday evening at the tail end of my monthly and then again Monday morning. That is 1/21/2018 and again 1/22. Didnít do the O, but stayed bed bound with hips elevated. Ok now this may be felt to be tmi. Normally when I ovulate I every month I discharge a ball of thick slime mixed with what looks like old blood. Yesterday I took my at home ovulation test strip and checked. It had two pink lines but Iím not discharging my what feel looks like a gross blob which I do for two days. Just did another and today the control line is dark pink but thereís a faint pink line. Now my questions are; being I inseminated Sunday evening and Monday of this week without doing the big O, Iím wondering could I still conceive, being itís been near 5days since insemination? What could it mean if I donít discharge my normal blob? Is it possible to conceive without doing the big O after inhome insemination? What are my chances?

Old Jan 30th, 2018, 12:32 PM   2
Dill
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

The only way to confirm ovulation is by tracking your BBT. It sounds like you may not be doing that already, so I'd recommend starting if you don't conceive this cycle. You'll need a BBT thermometer (inexpensive online) and a good charting app (Fertility Friend is awesome).

Sperm can survive up to a week, though 5 days is considered to be the more typical maximum lifespan. The longer it's been, the fewer surviving swimmers there are to potentially make it to the egg, so your chances are lower, but still possible.

Old Jan 30th, 2018, 16:50 PM   3
Chrissy351982
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB Member

My partner and I are trying to conceive. I was doing the ovulation test. We inseminated on 1/21 and again on 1/22. 1/21 was the last day of my period. I took ovulation test on 1/24 and it said I was. I did the ovulation test in December and it appears I normally ovulate two days a month. So on 1/24 the ovulation test said I was but when I took it again on 1/25 it said I wasn’t. I been feeling nautious since this past Friday and still currently feel nautious throughout the days. I am also feeling bloated, have a constant pressure across where you get your period cramps. I also notice a few white particles in my urine, but the smell is normal and I have no signs of an uti. I have been researching what that could mean. I know it’s still early to take a pregnancy test but took one just for the heck of it. Feeling tired, my breasts are starting to look more perky than normal and only my nipple is starting to look a bit darker than normal. Can this mean I’m experiencing early signs of pregnancy? Any advice is welcomed.

Old Jan 30th, 2018, 16:51 PM   4
Chrissy351982
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB Member

My partner and I are trying to conceive. I was doing the ovulation test. We inseminated on 1/21 and again on 1/22. 1/21 was the last day of my period. I took ovulation test on 1/24 and it said I was. I did the ovulation test in December and it appears I normally ovulate two days a month. So on 1/24 the ovulation test said I was but when I took it again on 1/25 it said I wasnít. I been feeling nautious since this past Friday and still currently feel nautious throughout the days. I am also feeling bloated, have a constant pressure across where you get your period cramps. I also notice a few white particles in my urine, but the smell is normal and I have no signs of an uti. I have been researching what that could mean. I know itís still early to take a pregnancy test but took one just for the heck of it. Feeling tired, my breasts are starting to look more perky than normal and only my nipple is starting to look a bit darker than normal. Can this mean Iím experiencing early signs of pregnancy? Any advice is welcomed.

Old Jan 30th, 2018, 17:28 PM   5
Dill
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Bear in mind two things:

1. An OPK lets you know when your LH is surging, but it does not mean that the surge will successfully result in ovulation. (Your BBT is the only way to actually confirm ovulation.)

2. A positive OPK means you have reached your peak surge, but ovulation does not occur at that time. It typically happens 12-24 hours after, though less commonly, it can be anywhere from 6-36 hours after.

Like I said, though, a few of the tougher sperm can survive up to 5 days, so if you ovulated in that timeframe, it's certainly possible for a pregnancy to occur.

However, it also takes 6-12 days after ovulation (9-10 days is average) for actual implantation to occur, and it takes a couple of days after that for enough hcg to build up in your system to potentially start causing side effects and register on a home pregnancy test.

I hope this helps!

Old Feb 5th, 2018, 12:31 PM   6
Chrissy351982
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB Member

Spotted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dill View Post
Bear in mind two things:

1. An OPK lets you know when your LH is surging, but it does not mean that the surge will successfully result in ovulation. (Your BBT is the only way to actually confirm ovulation.)

2. A positive OPK means you have reached your peak surge, but ovulation does not occur at that time. It typically happens 12-24 hours after, though less commonly, it can be anywhere from 6-36 hours after.

Like I said, though, a few of the tougher sperm can survive up to 5 days, so if you ovulated in that timeframe, it's certainly possible for a pregnancy to occur.

However, it also takes 6-12 days after ovulation (9-10 days is average) for actual implantation to occur, and it takes a couple of days after that for enough hcg to build up in your system to potentially start causing side effects and register on a home pregnancy test.

I hope this helps!
I spotted Thursday this week which is out of my norm. Saw a doctor for personal reasons not related and was told all I was feeling was due to yeast infection which I have had in the past and. Experienced nothing like this. I also had a lot of pain and pressure along with spotting which was all gone the next day. Also noticing blood vessels more noticeable than normal. I have had one child nine years ago and never experienced anything until I missed a period. Would it show up if I am today if I take a home test. Tomorrow is my two week mark

Old Feb 5th, 2018, 15:37 PM   7
Dill
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

The best time to test is the first day of your missed period or later. But 14 days after ovulation is usually reliable.

Old Feb 17th, 2018, 08:06 AM   8
Chrissy351982
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dill View Post
The best time to test is the first day of your missed period or later. But 14 days after ovulation is usually reliable.
This may be tmi, but I am a bit worried!!!! My period was due yesterday. I spotted, a couple hours later I got what I started to think was my period, but saw no liquid blood in toilet which I normally see, only flakes blood color are in toilet. Day two still the same. I never manage to wear the same pad all day, sleep in it, wake up in it. Thereís a little dark blood on pad but nothing compared to my normal cycle. I always feel like my period is here but not this time. I normally feel like I have an open sore the entire time. Technically my period should be gone by Sunday. Took a home test this morning just for it to say Iím not! Should I call my doctor Monday? By day two Iím normally heavier. I never can wear same pad all day even on day one. Thereís dark blood when I wipe mixed with a small trace of brighter reddish/pink

Old Feb 19th, 2018, 14:09 PM   9
Dill
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Has AF hit fully yet? Or are you still just spotting?

SEO by vBSEO