LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 19th, 2018, 18:08 PM   1
mermaiddance
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

conceived at 45, back here to help other women!

women-
my twins are just over 2. i am back here to "pay forward" all i learned in a 5 year , over 40, TTC journey (and i was/am single as well)
so i learned all about
- getting my cycle on track
- having good fertile CF
- healing ovarian cycsts
- balancing my own hormones
- at home inseminations
- known donors
and in the end
- anonymous donations overseas and ART procedures

SO - i have a ton to share.

here to help.

also started a closed fb group which already has 16 TTC women for 24/7 TTC discussion i...f ...you want to check it out
"fertility for real:woman to woman"

blessings and take care of that body that you want your baby through! be good to yourselves!

Old Feb 28th, 2018, 12:03 PM   2
mimi4
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

amazing story, congrats!

Old May 14th, 2018, 08:05 AM   3
MrsKitty
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaiddance View Post
women-
my twins are just over 2. i am back here to "pay forward" all i learned in a 5 year , over 40, TTC journey (and i was/am single as well)
so i learned all about
- having good fertile CF
- healing ovarian cycsts
- at home inseminations
- known donors
and in the end

here to help.

also started a closed fb group which already has 16 TTC women for 24/7 TTC discussion i...f ...you want to check it out

blessings and take care of that body that you want your baby through! be good to yourselves!
I would love to hear what you have to say but do not really want to join a facebook group as I like to keep this stuff personal, will you be posting advice/tips elsewhere?

Old May 14th, 2018, 10:08 AM   4
mermaiddance
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKitty View Post
Quote:
women-
so i learned all about
- having good fertile CF
- healing ovarian cycsts
- at home inseminations
- known donors
and in the end

here to help.

I would love to hear what you have to say but do not really want to join a facebook group as I like to keep this stuff personal, will you be posting advice/tips elsewhere?

yes!! youtube channel and big blog chock full of info. look for the title “ fertility for real” both youtube and google you will see and btw
the fb group is closed , i approve each member myself and there r 24 women there now. it has been mostly Qs with my answers so far not too much discussion
let me know how i can help...

Old May 16th, 2018, 03:50 AM   5
MrsKitty
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKitty View Post
Quote:
women-
so i learned all about
- having good fertile CF
- healing ovarian cycsts
- at home inseminations
- known donors
and in the end

here to help.

yes!! youtube channel and big blog chock full of info. look for the title “ fertility for real” both youtube and google you will see and btw
the fb group is closed , i approve each member myself and there r 24 women there now. it has been mostly Qs with my answers so far not too much discussion
let me know how i can help...
Thank you. Just had a quick look and it is mainly about artificial insemination right? I am interested in optimising fertility at an older age, I have a partner. I did look at the stuff about checking if you are fertile but it was more for someone who was at the beginning of their journey and I am more well read on that than I probably need to be lol. Thank you anyway.

Old May 16th, 2018, 10:17 AM   6
mermaiddance
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

i actually advise women over 40 to do the bascis well, sounds like you know them. new blog post is esp for over 40 women. now that i read your little history here, i am more informd. what is your goal now? if you tell me that i can offer my advise here. from what i have read, egg quality seems to be in question... i suppose hou have considered egg do ation? if finances are an issue i can tell you about ART in greece. if with this history you also have a healthy (well tracked) reproductive cycles, then id be looking at egg quality but let me know what your goal specifically is now

Old May 19th, 2018, 15:30 PM   7
LLawson
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

HI, Ladies.
I got pregnant at 45 after years of trying. We did IVF, IUIs, Fertility drugs etc... I had a tubal reversal after a failed IVF. Everything else happened after that. Just wanted to offer a small bit of advice and what we thought was the reason it took so long.
I was getting a positive LH surge about day 10-12. We have found since getting pregnant that even though my surge is early I'm not ovulating until about day 16-18. The Drs. We're having us prep for day 12-13 so we had been way off all this time. After researching this is common for older women. I just wish I had known that a lot earlier.
So look for ovulation pains and pay attention to that. With older women a positive LH doesn't always mean you will ovulate in 24 hrs.
I hope this helps some of you.☺️
Oh, I got pregnant without trying after we gave up all the charting and decided not to try anymore. No fertility drugs or anything. We were just missing the right ovulation day all those yrs. LOL. I have a Happy Healthy 20 month old son.

Old Yesterday, 03:36 AM   8
Regin7
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Thank you, you're doing super great thing! This place has been a safe one for me for years. Just at the start of the journey I wish I knew about it much eariler. People here are great. So many lovelies with helpful advices and words of support!! Even though I'm already on the other side of the fence I'm still here chatting to ladies and saying there's hope always. We're parents of a wonderful de ivf boy. we are through the way and are going to pass it once more for more kid(s). May all people providing support be blessed. Good luck to all of you, ladies!!

Old Yesterday, 13:52 PM   9
MrsKitty
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLawson View Post
HI, Ladies.
I got pregnant at 45 after years of trying. We did IVF, IUIs, Fertility drugs etc... I had a tubal reversal after a failed IVF. Everything else happened after that. Just wanted to offer a small bit of advice and what we thought was the reason it took so long.
I was getting a positive LH surge about day 10-12. We have found since getting pregnant that even though my surge is early I'm not ovulating until about day 16-18. The Drs. We're having us prep for day 12-13 so we had been way off all this time. After researching this is common for older women. I just wish I had known that a lot earlier.
So look for ovulation pains and pay attention to that. With older women a positive LH doesn't always mean you will ovulate in 24 hrs.
I hope this helps some of you.☺️
Oh, I got pregnant without trying after we gave up all the charting and decided not to try anymore. No fertility drugs or anything. We were just missing the right ovulation day all those yrs. LOL. I have a Happy Healthy 20 month old son.
Thank you for this! I found this pretty interesting as my recent natural pregnancy (which ended in MC) I think this is what possibly happened to me, I know for sure I ovulated late in the cycle and we were not trying to conceive that month. I now wonder if this was at least part of the reason we struggled to conceive over the past 5 years, we know it can happen as it has 3 times. Congratulations on your son, you are so blessed.

SEO by vBSEO