Forum Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 3rd, 2018, 08:56 AM   1
TTC7years
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

TTC for 7 years-Is it time to give up?

Hi All,

I will be quick and simple with my story: we have been trying to conceive for 7 years or more at this point. I am now 39 and my partner 37. We have tried 4 rounds of iui with clomid with no success. I have no evident fertility problems after all tests that I have done and my husband has some mild motility issues. I have tried acupuncture, reiki, eating healthy, exercise and the full wellness package. I have been trying to stay positive and stay happy but after our last failed iui that happened a month ago, I am officially losing hope. We don't want to do IVF and I feel I am now with no options. I am thinking that it is time for us to cut our emotional loses and just focus on traveling the world and creating other types of happiness. I am by nature a very positive person and I see the good in everything and everyone, but here I am having a hard time. Thank you for any advice. Hoping for a miracle at this point.

Old Apr 3rd, 2018, 14:03 PM   2
Dill
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTC7years View Post
Hi All,

I will be quick and simple with my story: we have been trying to conceive for 7 years or more at this point. I am now 39 and my partner 37. We have tried 4 rounds of iui with clomid with no success. I have no evident fertility problems after all tests that I have done and my husband has some mild motility issues. I have tried acupuncture, reiki, eating healthy, exercise and the full wellness package. I have been trying to stay positive and stay happy but after our last failed iui that happened a month ago, I am officially losing hope. We don't want to do IVF and I feel I am now with no options. I am thinking that it is time for us to cut our emotional loses and just focus on traveling the world and creating other types of happiness. I am by nature a very positive person and I see the good in everything and everyone, but here I am having a hard time. Thank you for any advice. Hoping for a miracle at this point.
I'm so sorry that you are struggling. That is a long time to be TTC, and it can really take an emotional and psychological toll on you, both as an individual and as a couple. Ultimately, it's up to you whether or not you want to continue TTC. If you feel that the time has come to try and move on and start healing, then maybe you should! Take some time off and go on a vacation, treat yourselves, and perhaps try to reconnect a little bit. TTC can be so all-consuming that the actual relationship can get lost in the process.

Regardless of what you choose, best wishes for you.

Old Apr 7th, 2018, 10:42 AM   3
arianne
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTC7years View Post
Hi All,

I know how you feel!
Wondering why though you dont want to try IVF?

Old Apr 17th, 2018, 09:24 AM   4
mimi4
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I am sorry, although I would advise to consider IVF, as IUI has lower successful rates than IVF.

Old Apr 21st, 2018, 00:23 AM   5
tw76
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Hello.... checking in because I have been TTC for almost 10 years. Had PCOS, and Clomid didnt help, then when we were going for IVF, DH took ill. Got back on track two years ago and on IVF #5. Had an ectopic, an early loss and non-takers for the rest. Same question as the others - why is IVF not an option? Is it a cost/invasiveness/ethical thing?

Old Apr 21st, 2018, 00:46 AM   6
BunnyN
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

It must be hard TTC for so long. There are people who TTC for longer and eventually get pregnant on the other hand it is realistic to realise that your chances of success are reduced if it hasn't happened for you yet. It must take a big emotional toll on you both, not to mention the time and expense. I think only you can decide what is the right choice.

I don't know your reasons for not wanting ivf are I do know it wouldn't be an option for me either (thankfully infertility hasn't been an issue for us) for several reasons, although I completely understand why others do it.

Old May 19th, 2018, 15:55 PM   7
LLawson
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Dont give up. I tried for 15 yrs but was not given good advice so I think that's why it took so long.
I got pregnant at 45 after years of trying. We did IVF, IUIs, Fertility drugs etc... I had a tubal reversal after a failed IVF. Everything else happened after that. Just wanted to offer a small bit of advice and what we thought was the reason it took so long.
I was getting a positive LH surge about day 10-12. We have found since getting pregnant that even though my surge is early I'm not ovulating until about day 16-18. The Drs. We're having us prep for day 12-13 so we had been way off all this time. After researching this is common for older women. I just wish I had known that a lot earlier.
So look for ovulation pains and pay attention to that. With older women a positive LH doesn't always mean you will ovulate in 24 hrs.
I hope this helps some of you.☺️
Oh, I got pregnant without trying after we gave up all the charting and decided not to try anymore. No fertility drugs or anything. We were just missing the right ovulation day all those yrs. LOL. I have a Happy Healthy 20 month old son.

Old May 21st, 2018, 03:06 AM   8
Regin7
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I'm sorry you're struggling. But I'm here to say please do not give up. The joy which is coming is awesome. We passed a long way through ivf cycles to get our son. (Started ttc since June 2012 with all the ups and downs). I truly think this is the option, but also understand you might have spesific reasons for not using it. Take time needed to recover emotionally. Then I'm sure you'll make the best decision for you. Hoping for you. Wishing you all the best!

SEO by vBSEO