LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 6th, 2018, 21:22 PM   1
arianne
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

TTC#1 at almost 40, anyone?

Hello girls!

I have re-joined this forum after almost 7 years! haha im almost 40 now

I was TTC when i was only 33, with my then husband.

Now i have a fiance so starting this rollercoaster again! and a bit scared/excited of what's coming.

I just wanted to see if anyone else is trying for their first at this age, and their experience so far.

Back in 2010 i found this forum so helpful. Not being able to conceive was the hardest and saddest thing i have ever experience in my life.
This time though, i am seeing it with a different light, and i have promised to myself that i will be fine with either outcome. But i think, it always helps to talk with people going thru same experiences.

So i will start!

• I am 39, turning 40 in May
  • Trying my first IUI this Sunday!
    **Doing a mix of letrozole with insemination where they will wash DF sperms and use the best ones
  • I have never been on any sort of birth control nor tried any type of assisted conception in the past
  • I had timed intercourse with my ex for 10 months with no luck, and with my current fiance we probably timed it 5 months, with no luck either
  • All my fertility tests have always been perfect - no answers as to why i wasn't getting pregnant

Old Apr 13th, 2018, 02:46 AM   2
flou
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I just wanted to say good luck and I hope you get your bfp soon! I have had 4 pregnancies, unfortunately only one stayed, but I do have my gorgeous DS. Each pregnancy took a different amount of time to conceive. The longest was 19 months, the shortest 2 months. There is nothing wrong with either mine or DHs fertility so I think so much of it is luck. I hope the iui works and you get a bfp very soon! Fx!

Old Apr 13th, 2018, 13:05 PM   3
arianne
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Aw thanks so much FLOU!

I ended up not doing the IUI

my clinic didnt want to accept me because i was in a country with zika risk in dec, and going to one with a zika risk on may. So i will have to wait until dec to do anything (had no idea about this)

Who know what will happen... i feel my chances get lower and lower with time

Thanks for the good wishes though!

Old Apr 17th, 2018, 09:09 AM   4
mimi4
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

arianne - good luck, and stay positive! xx

SEO by vBSEO