LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 13th, 2018, 11:19 AM   1
laustiredttc
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Bloods tests can someone help please

Hello ladies,
I have had some blood tests done on cd3 and was wondering if someone could please help me understand them?
I'm from the uk so I know that my oestradiol levels are measured in pmol. The results are:
Fsh: 6.6
LH: 3.5
Oestradiol: 354 pmol

I'm worried that the last result puts me in possible pof and just wondered if anyone could shed any further light on these results??
Many thanks in advance

Old May 13th, 2018, 11:22 AM   2
laustiredttc
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I'd also like to add that my gp doesn't have a clue about fertility and kept asking me why I wanted my day 3 bloods doing and didn't really want to discuss my results with me in limbo so any advice no matter how small would be greatly appreciated. Thank you xx

Old May 14th, 2018, 14:21 PM   3
mermaiddance
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

i conceived at 45. self-insemination many times,a few pregnancies, , last one stuck with help of ART. single, donor sperm.

i know a lot about what you are asking

would you be interested to join my closed fb group where i am helping other women, "paying it forward' to conceive!

it is just easier for me to answer questions there and help track people on their way...

also to check your blood levels, the standards are online and pretty simple. i dont remember norms for Est on day 3, eactly, but should be low bec EStr peaks just before LH and usually not til around day 10

FSH should be highest. day 3 testing is for FSH primarily. that number is great for over 40!
should be lowish, like i think i remember best is to see it not over 8. that said, one FSH test does not mean much. if it were, one time, extremely high, you'd just do it again. but a good number ,as you have, does not guarentee anything, it is just encouraging.

the LH should be low. and is. does not go up til around day 11/12/14

what matters over 40 is tracking your cycle!
good BBTs
ontime ovulation
good EWCM

just recently wrote a blog post about that too. and bit of my story

all my online resources (blog and youtube and fb ) are by the name "fertility for real". from the fb page, you can get to a closed group where i answer Qs. post to me there if you want more help!

my twins are 2+ years, wanting to pay it forward...:-)

Old May 14th, 2018, 14:22 PM   4
mermaiddance
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

also - check your own LH at home from day 10- til you see positive
ask for blood draw at 7DPO , around CD21 for progesterone and est

Old May 14th, 2018, 15:04 PM   5
laustiredttc
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Ahh thank you i will def have a look at your blog as I am and never have been on fb, just not my thing. Thank you so much for replying, it's so hard when numbers are thrown at you but the people giving them to you don't seem to be able to interpret them either? Very much appreciated and will take a look. x

Old May 14th, 2018, 15:12 PM   6
mermaiddance
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

yeah i don't do fb either - just started it for this and to join a local babymama group!:-)

check the blog and esp the videos about 5 step fertility boost and how do i know if i am fertile?

honestly, even gyns and fertility docs can throw numbers at you. it's hard. so i just took on the study myself. and i paid MD natropathic experts a bunch to talk to me for a full hour and took lots of notes!
i did not want to miss a thing. so , happy to share what i can.
there is a "contact me' on the blog too if you want to ask...just easier in the group bec then the info is shared...but got it about it's not your thing...

all the best!

SEO by vBSEO