Forum Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 15th, 2018, 09:57 AM   1
LilBabyOwl
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

Over 40 and TTC

I thought I would introduce myself and hopefully meet some other women in my shoes. I remarried in February 2017 a very sweet man much younger than me. When I divorced my first husband, we had 6 children together. I honestly never thought I'd have any more children. I was blessed 6 times over.

My current husband and I had a surprise pregnancy shortly after we married in February. I was feeling off and realized my period had not come. I didn't really think at my age I'd have gotten pregnant. I did. I miscarried at 8 weeks. We both mourned the loss and decided that it was meant to be. We went about our daily lives. Recently the topic of TTC came up. He is a great stepdad to our children so while he would like a child, he's also really fine if it never/can't happen.

However I feel like at 27, he may wish that we at least tried when he gets older. We had the conversation about TTC and are going to start trying. I know the odds are not in my favor and I'm not sure we will pursue anything further than TTC on our own.

I've started a super foods health plan, added in kale, almonds, red bell peppers, oatmeal, lean meats (GH free), berries, etc. I'm also doing a full cleanse, meaning no more wine at all, no coffee and no sugar (other than from fruit). Also going to step up my game on the exercise side of things.

Any suggestions for other things I could be doing (besides lots of sex, got that covered with him being so young lol).

Old Jun 25th, 2018, 14:03 PM   2
Zela
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

hello

I am 42 and just had a miscarriage in mid May with D&C June 8th with just fermara and timed intercourse. We were over moon, then sad now anxiously waiting to try again. So Im feeling hopeful can get pregnant again after years of failed fertility treatments. There is hope! Keep me posted! And good to meet you.

Old Jun 25th, 2018, 14:06 PM   3
Zela
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

sorry not use to this site yet, I am sorry also for your loss. I lost mine about 8 weeks too. But , your more fertile now. And many women are waiting to conceive til later. So your not alone. Baby dust to you! I would also take CQ10, DHEA, and look into chinese herbs to help with uterine lining such as Dong Quai Root. Look into fertility massage too. And acupuncture for blood flow.

Old Jun 26th, 2018, 13:34 PM   4
Gracee79
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Hello! I'm 39 and TTC #2. I loss my son at 21 weeks last year. This is our 5th month TTC 2 IUI's and the rest natural. I am taking Soy Iso, Geritol, and lots of vitamins!
Good luck to us all!!

Old Jul 1st, 2018, 14:16 PM   5
mimi4
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

You might consider having acupuncture and practicing fertility yoga that surely help you improve your mind and body state

Old Jul 5th, 2018, 19:20 PM   6
Scout
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Good luck to you. I got pregnant naturally 2 months before turning 46, so it can happen. We weren't even trying so I was doing nothing special. Heck, the month I got pregnant we only dtd one time. I just feel so lucky and blessed. (She's my only child. I had several miscarriages when younger and then told I'd never have kids) Wishing you all the best and to all the ladies wanting a child.

Old Jul 11th, 2018, 12:55 PM   7
Gracee79
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBabyOwl View Post
I thought I would introduce myself and hopefully meet some other women in my shoes. I remarried in February 2017 a very sweet man much younger than me. When I divorced my first husband, we had 6 children together. I honestly never thought I'd have any more children. I was blessed 6 times over.

My current husband and I had a surprise pregnancy shortly after we married in February. I was feeling off and realized my period had not come. I didn't really think at my age I'd have gotten pregnant. I did. I miscarried at 8 weeks. We both mourned the loss and decided that it was meant to be. We went about our daily lives. Recently the topic of TTC came up. He is a great stepdad to our children so while he would like a child, he's also really fine if it never/can't happen.

However I feel like at 27, he may wish that we at least tried when he gets older. We had the conversation about TTC and are going to start trying. I know the odds are not in my favor and I'm not sure we will pursue anything further than TTC on our own.

I've started a super foods health plan, added in kale, almonds, red bell peppers, oatmeal, lean meats (GH free), berries, etc. I'm also doing a full cleanse, meaning no more wine at all, no coffee and no sugar (other than from fruit). Also going to step up my game on the exercise side of things.

Any suggestions for other things I could be doing (besides lots of sex, got that covered with him being so young lol).
I just tested and I believe I have my BFP...HERE IS WHAT i DID....
If this is my true BFP.. Here is what I did this cycle. I do have PCOS as well...

I took Soy Isoflavones CD (cycle day) 3-7

Then I started Geritol (tonic) everyday until my BFP (big fat positive (pregnancy test)) (yesterday)

Prenatal vitamin daily (lunch time)

COQ10 daily (around 2-3pm)

Zinc, Magnesium, calcium combo in one vitamin- daily at dinner

Progesterone starting 5dpo

I ate pineapple core 1dpo-5dpo (even though I only ate it on 4dpo and 5dpo)

I ate Brazil nuts after ovulation (helps aid in implantation)

Drank Pom juice during Ovulation period up until BFP (big fat positive (pregnancy test)) (to thicken uterine lining)

SEO by vBSEO