Forum Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 12th, 2018, 12:34 PM   1
yogimom
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

PMS or Pregnancy

Hi!

I am new to this forum and look forward to exchanging information with other mamas-to-be who are trying to conceive over 35. I had my first son when I was 29. I am now almost 41 and TTC my second child.

My BFF insisted I try the LH ovulation strips so that I would TTC in coordination with my egg being released. She tried this method, did the do during the window, and boom, now she's pregnant. So she just knew this would work for me. When my strips showed the LH surge, I sent her a pic to be sure, and she told me I was good to go. So my BF and I did it around the clock over the next 72 hours. My period is due on Friday (9/14) and I'm in that space of "PMS or pregnancy?" My PMS symptoms usually start a week out and true to form, I felt sore boobs and crampy last week. Then the symptoms went away and are now back. Not so crampy. Just the sore boobs and a little uncomfortable overall - like my period is going to start any moment. This is typical of my PMS. It will come a week before, go away, and then come back just before the start of the cycle. I took one hCG test on Monday and it was negative, but I know I was also 5 days ahead of my period due date. I told myself to wait until Friday to see if the period doesn't show and then test again.

I'm hoping against hope that we hit a bullseye, as my BF and I have been TTC for a few months now. I just wanted to see if anyone else has similar PMS symptoms and if so, did you still get pregnant even though it may have seemed like all signs were pointing to period? Thank you in advance!

Old Sep 12th, 2018, 15:23 PM   2
Missja
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

Hi there. I've been through what you are feeling, for me I haven't had the BFP and it's always turned out to be period. But it's not the same for everyone. I have my fingers crossed for you that you hit the bull's-eye. Wishing you all the best.

SEO by vBSEO