LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 06:31 AM   31
caroleb73
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Hey Everyone,

I am 37 and my hubby is 27, we have been TTC baby #1 for 1 year now. I have been finding it really hard lately when AF comes each month. We have just been through fertility testing as we are now put into the catergory of "infertility" but the tests all came back ok and show no apparent problems.

Doc has said she wanted to give us a helping hand and gave me an injection to control the timing of my ovulation this month (i am ovulating every month and always on the same day of the cycle) and now taking Duphaston for the last 2 weeks of my cycle. She says that if we are lucky enough for the egg to be fertilized then this will help it stick. If not then she wants to try Clomid as first port of call.

Hoping that this works as really do not want to start on long term fertility drugs if we can help it.

Guess I never thought something as natural as having a baby would be so difficult. Saying that I am hopeful that we will all get our gorgeous little babies in the end we just have to hang in there and be prepared that our route to having a baby maybe a little different from others.

Wishing you all the best and hope that we all have great news to share soon x x

Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 06:53 AM   32
vickyd
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Welcome Carol!

Looking back i remember thinking, ill go to Uni then grad school then ill get a good job then ill wait for a few years before ttc so as to secure my job and at 33 i will have my baby!!!!!LOL!!!! It seemed soooo easy in my head....
I like to think that this difficult path were on will only make us more appreciative of our family once its completed and that we will better parents for sure!

Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 07:01 AM   33
lola13
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Hi Girls - I'm with you, too. We've been TTC #1 since March 2007 with no luck whatsoever. We've had all tests which show all plumbing & hormones are working just fine. I hate being unexplained!!

Keeping fingers crossed for this month as I've done clomid plus IUI. I figure this is my best chance, yet.

Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 07:21 AM   34
vickyd
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Lola I really hope this is your month doll!!!! Lets hope this new forum will bring all of us tons of luck!!!

Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 07:51 AM   35
Adela Quested
AutoSignup (SAAB)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to pop in to wish everyone heaps of . I am 37 and expecting my first in about a month. I was 36 when I conceived and we were lucky enough that it happened straight away - first cycle TTC! I tell you this of course not to show off but to give you all hope that being over the magic age of 35 doesn't automatically mean that you will have problems.

The oldest woman in my pregnancy class is 42 and also having her first child. I didn't ask her how she conceived (none of my business!) but I think it's good for us to keep in mind that it happens all the time.

Wishing you all the luck in the world

Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 07:59 AM   36
caroleb73
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Vicky I completely agree that we will all be super parents when our turn comes and I am sure it will happen for us. I see that you live in Greece away from home so like me as my husband and I are in Bahrain in the Middle East. Hospitals are fantastic here but miss not having life long friends and my Mum close by in a time like this.

Lola I have everything crossed that we will be hearing good news from you soon

Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 09:05 AM   37
jomax
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyd View Post
Welcome Carol!

Looking back i remember thinking, ill go to Uni then grad school then ill get a good job then ill wait for a few years before ttc so as to secure my job and at 33 i will have my baby!!!!!LOL!!!! It seemed soooo easy in my head....
I like to think that this difficult path were on will only make us more appreciative of our family once its completed and that we will better parents for sure!
VickyD this was my life plan too except i was having one at 30 and another at 32! Hasn't worked out that way and although i am happy with everything else, i'm so ready for kids .

Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 09:17 AM   38
vickyd
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroleb73 View Post
Vicky I completely agree that we will all be super parents when our turn comes and I am sure it will happen for us. I see that you live in Greece away from home so like me as my husband and I are in Bahrain in the Middle East. Hospitals are fantastic here but miss not having life long friends and my Mum close by in a time like this.

Lola I have everything crossed that we will be hearing good news from you soon
Carole, actually i am greek! I just have moved alot over the years: Canada, UK and now ive been back home for about 7 years and planning on staying for good! I really missed my family and friends when i was abroad as well, and now with the ttc i couldnt imagine having to go through it only with dh.

Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 12:51 PM   39
LoopyLou4444
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

Hello everyone, I'm very new to this, I only joined yesterday and I'm not sure if I'm doing this right or about all the abbreviations!!

As much as I hate to see you all on here as I would love for you all to be pregnant I suddenly don't feel so alone. I'm 37 and my partner and I have been trying for a baby since August 2008, I had a miscarriage at the beginning of February 2010. As heart breaking as it was I try to stay positive and remember if it can happen once it can happen again. We have just been through fertility tests and should be referred to a fertiliy clinic soon I hope.

I wish you all well. (I hope that I can post this without it being lost to the ether!!)

Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 13:49 PM   40
vermeil
Other
Chat Happy BnB Member

positive vibes

Hello! Just wanted to send positive vibes your way. I was 37 when we started trying (dh is 27) and it took seven months. My (much younger) friends took two years to conceive. Keep positive it will happen!

Of course my little darling decided he was in a hurry and arrived 3 months early But it`s due to other medical factors, not age.

All the best to all of you ladies!

SEO by vBSEO