LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 21st, 2010, 07:38 AM   1
Dwrgi
Other
BnB Addict

TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hey all! Although ttc over 35 has stress on its own, i think for us without a child it can be extremely overwhelming at times. Lets all support eachother!

Hi girls-The above post was written by Vicky, who has gone on to have a BB of her own. I have just taken over the thread from Vicky. I only actually joined in April/May of 2011, so about 300 or so pages in!!

Good luck to everybody who visits and joins-let's all make sure we get our ! Come on girls, we can do it!

Latest status updates for members can be found on page 1017!

to you all!

Spoiler Info! Please see below for information on how to spoiler a post or attachment (this is to make sure that those who wish to read, can, and those who wish to avoid any possibly upsetting PG news can avoid). Thank you Pebbs, for this!

There are two ways to spoiler text.
The first is to use the spoiler tool from the toolbar (click on images to make them bigger):
Click image for larger version Name: Spoiler icon.jpg Views: 2 Size: 16.9 KB ID: 617899
All you do is highlight the text and click on that button. You may need to click on "Go advanced" to be able to see the toolbar.

The second is to simply write the following before and after your text:
[*spoiler] YOUR TEXT HERE [*/spoiler]
But! You have to remove the asterisks.

To spoiler an image
There are two things you can do:
First, use an image hosting site, like Flickr or Photobucket, and put the link in spoilers as if it were text.

If you are using BnB's attach function (the little paperclip), it's a teensy bit more complicated, but still easy (recent discovery! ).
Step 1. Attach the image with the paperclip, then click "Preview post."
Step 2. Mouse over the image, and you should see a number. Here's me mousing over the image I attached above:
Click image for larger version Name: Spoiler2.jpg Views: 2 Size: 18.5 KB ID: 617901
It's hard to see the number in that little box that pops up, but if you squint you'll see that it says "617899" on the last line. That's the number for your particular attachment.
Step 3: Write your code. So, combine all this. Substitute your number in the following line of text:
[*spoiler][*attach]617899[*/attach][*/spoiler]
Again, remove the asterisks.

Old Jun 21st, 2010, 07:49 AM   2
babyanise
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Old Jun 21st, 2010, 08:14 AM   3
maxxiandniko
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyd View Post
Hey all! I thought we childless over 35 should have our own thread. Although ttc over 35 has stress on its own, i think for us without a child it can be extremely overwhelming at times. Lets all support eachother!
Hope this thread sticks! I'm 38 (soon to be 39) and ttc #1. I started last summer after coming off birth control which I had been on since age 21. Since then I've had one miscarriage and one chemical pregnancy. My obgyn thinks I'll be fine but I panic every month!
More importantly I notice that your picture is of a long-haired dachshund! I have 2 short haired - Maxxi and Niko (hence my screen name). If I could figure out how to make them my screen picture I would. Maxxi will be 13 in the fall and Niko just turned 15. They're doing really well for their ages. I'm obsessed with the breed!!

Old Jun 21st, 2010, 08:40 AM   4
vickyd
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Hey Max! I too have suffered two losses and every month that goes by is like a stab in the heart when AF arrives... Im sure this thread will stick as unfortunetely there are quite a few of us in the same boat...
The photo is of my lovely dog Popi, who actually is of unknown breed!!! I rescued her off the street when she was 1 month old. 2 years later and everyone who see her guesses what breed are in her!! Its really funny actually!!!!

Old Jun 21st, 2010, 08:42 AM   5
kalou1972
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Hiya Girls!

Hope you dont mind me sticking my nose in !!

Just wanted to say....i'd have LOVED this section of the forum when i was TTC !!!

I'm 37....we were TTC for our 1st for exactly a year.....got our BFP boxing day and are now in third trimester section !

Just wanted to say....good luck to you all......

Karen xxxxxx

Old Jun 21st, 2010, 08:58 AM   6
ArticBaby
Other
BnB Addict

Congratulations

Old Jun 21st, 2010, 09:06 AM   7
vickyd
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Congratz hun!
Just got our first sucess story girls! Lets keep strong and hopefully soon it will be our turn!

Old Jun 21st, 2010, 10:11 AM   8
Crazy4Emily
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Count me in. I'm 35 TTC. My DH is 46...I have a daughter already through adoption, but this will be our first pregnancy. (if it ever happens) We've been really trying since January.. ugh. It is like a stab in the heart every month when AF comes a calling. It's hard being older, I never thought it would take this long!

Old Jun 21st, 2010, 11:14 AM   9
bumpybean
Pregnant (Expecting)
New BnB Member

Hello!

I'm 36 and TCC, had 2 losses already this year and just about ready to start trying again! keeping my fingers crossed for 3rd time lucky Lets hope we all move on to the first trimester forum very soon xx

Old Jun 21st, 2010, 11:46 AM   10
maxxiandniko
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyd View Post
Hey Max! I too have suffered two losses and every month that goes by is like a stab in the heart when AF arrives... Im sure this thread will stick as unfortunetely there are quite a few of us in the same boat...
The photo is of my lovely dog Popi, who actually is of unknown breed!!! I rescued her off the street when she was 1 month old. 2 years later and everyone who see her guesses what breed are in her!! Its really funny actually!!!!

How funny! She's got a doxi face. She how crazy I get over the breed? AF came for me today and even though I had no reason to think otherwise it's still upsetting. I drove myself crazy every month symptom spotting and testing early and am not planning on doing that anymore. No point. I'm glad the thread will stick!