LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 1st, 2010, 16:45 PM   1
ellabelle
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Positive LH surge 3 days in a row?

I've used an OPK for two months now and both months I got a strong positive LH surge for three days in a row. Anyone know why this may be happening, and does that mean I ovulate the day after the last positive? Will see a doc next week, but curious in the meantime.

Old Jul 1st, 2010, 17:34 PM   2
Rikki
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I can't really answer your question, but I've just been reading info about OPKs and it said that some people can get positive for 3 days, but it could be because you have particularly high levels of LH. I don't know what that means really.
To be on the safe side I would DTD on all positive days and 2 days after.

Old Jul 1st, 2010, 18:48 PM   3
ellabelle
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Thanks, that's exactly what we did while waiting for the appt. w/the doc, I'm sure she will be able to tell me what it means.

Old Jul 1st, 2010, 23:58 PM   4
ArticBaby
Other
BnB Addict

Im like that some months when I ovulate. And feel the ov pains too. I just make sure we dtd to cover our basis.

Good Luck

Old Jul 3rd, 2010, 11:23 AM   5
heart tree
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

This happens because when you test, you get a snapshot of your LH. For example, on day 1 of your positive OPK, you might have caught the surge on it's way up. On day 2 you caught the surge. On day 3 you caught it on it's way down. I almost always get 3 days of positive OPK's and usually OV on the 2nd or 3rd day I have the positive. This sounds confusing, but this is what happens. On my second positive OPK, I've caught the surge. 12 hours later, I ovulate. The following day I catch the surge on its way down but I actually already ovulated.

There is really nothing to be concerned about unless you are getting positives for many many days in a row. This site has lots of good info about OPK's http://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html

Old Jul 7th, 2010, 20:46 PM   6
brutus09
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Are you talking about positive ovulation tests? When this happened to me, I googled it and took a pregnancy test and I was pregnant.

Old Jul 8th, 2010, 19:11 PM   7
mommyinwtg
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I've also been known to have a + OPK three days in a row. (it just happened a few days ago, as a matter of fact).

Old Aug 14th, 2012, 06:36 AM   8
Melanieanne77
Other
Active BnB Member

This just happened to me too-anyone know what it means?

Old Aug 14th, 2012, 13:49 PM   9
heart tree
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

See my response above. You are catching your LH surge on it's way up, then you are catching the peak of your surge, then the next day it still looks positive, but you have actually already ovulated, but your LH is still in your system but making it's way down.

Old Aug 14th, 2012, 20:31 PM   10
Taurus8484
Other
Chat Happy BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanieanne77 View Post
This just happened to me too-anyone know what it means?
Literally just had that happen to me for the first time. Positive OPK on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Thankfully last night was negative. According to my Ovulation Chart I ovulated on Sunday, so not sure what the Monday positive was???