LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 5th, 2011, 04:03 AM   1
Wobbles
Mum (Mom)
Administrator

Guidelines ON BFP Announcements Within Trying To Conceive Over 35

Hi girls

Trying to conceive can be a frustrating journey for various reasons and so we ask you to please use the forum sections correctly and consider all of the members.

Whist members are always happy for their forum friends certain circumstances & lower days can be hard when faced with BFPs without the choice to see them.

You may use The BFP Sticky at the top of this section only to post new BFPs announcements. If you wish to create an announcement thread of your own you may do so HERE and use the sticky to post your link.

We understand that their are many threads of doubt, uncertainty and discussions on evap lines which are perfectly fine to post ...though please be aware if posting a picture of a pregnancy test/results that are causing uncertainty we do have a pregnancy tests gallery.

Wobbles x

Ignoring the guidelines within different sections after you have read them may result in your account being made inactive or an infraction/warning being issued to your account.

Social Slimmers - Dieting & Fitness Forum

Old Apr 5th, 2011, 10:03 AM   2
sarahincanada
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict

Hi there, I just wanted to say that I like to see BFP announcements in this section as being the age that we are I find it gives me a hope it will happen to me. Thats just my opinion. If I got pregnant I would want to tell the people in this section so they dont give up hope, but I guess I cant. When its in the main announcement section it gets lost in the crowd as people dont put their age, and honestly I dont go in there as I dont want to read them when Im struggling. Obviously this decision has been made as people get upset when they are having a hard time, I just wanted to have my say

Old Apr 5th, 2011, 15:39 PM   3
mrsdh
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I second that. It gives us a lift when another bfp is announced on this section . I don't ever hardly venture into the other forums such as bfp announcements as I feel more at home in this section with like minded ladies. I think most of us get a little bit more optimistic when we hear of another success story. X

Old Apr 5th, 2011, 21:32 PM   4
Cui
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Maybe if there was one main post in this section where people could put a BFP announcement?
I can see where it would bother some people, but I like to see people here finally get a BFP and I like to read how they did it.
I never read the BFP's other than in here so I would miss posts from the over 35's or I would have to see a bunch of posts from 20 somethings which would make me feel extra old and dried up.

Old Apr 5th, 2011, 21:57 PM   5
Shelley71
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I agree that it is important to know when our TTC buddies finally receive their BFPs. Especially for those of us in our 40s.

I would definitely like a special post in the TTC Over 35 for BFPs. We all count on each other, and if I were to miss someone's BFP because they can't post here, I would be really upset at not being able to congratulate them because I might not see it.

JMO.

Old Apr 6th, 2011, 08:57 AM   6
FuzzyCaz
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahincanada View Post
Hi there, I just wanted to say that [i]I like to see BFP announcements in this section as being the age that we are I find it gives me a hope it will happen to me[/U]. Thats just my opinion. If I got pregnant I would want to tell the people in this section so they dont give up hope, but I guess I cant. When its in the main announcement section it gets lost in the crowd as people dont put their age, and honestly I dont go in there as I dont want to read them when Im struggling. Obviously this decision has been made as people get upset when they are having a hard time, I just wanted to have my say
Totally agree!

Why not have a sticky BFP post in here, as a compromise.
No one is forced to click & read!

Old Apr 6th, 2011, 11:55 AM   7
Indigo77
Mum (Mom)
BnB Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cui View Post
Maybe if there was one main post in this section where people could put a BFP announcement?
I can see where it would bother some people, but I like to see people here finally get a BFP and I like to read how they did it.
I never read the BFP's other than in here so I would miss posts from the over 35's or I would have to see a bunch of posts from 20 somethings which would make me feel extra old and dried up.
Yes! Please?

Old Apr 6th, 2011, 13:05 PM   8
velo
Other
Active BnB Member

Is this guideline for starting a new thread to announce a BFP, or is it possible to mention getting a BFP as a follow up in another thread? For instance when we are discussing various techniques we are trying it is good to know which ones actually worked for other women.

Also to be perfectly honest as someone trying to conceive #1, I find it harder to see people's profile pictures with babies than I do seeing someone's BFP announcement.

Old Apr 6th, 2011, 17:06 PM   9
sarahincanada
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyTB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahincanada View Post
Hi there, I just wanted to say that [i]I like to see BFP announcements in this section as being the age that we are I find it gives me a hope it will happen to me[/U]. Thats just my opinion. If I got pregnant I would want to tell the people in this section so they dont give up hope, but I guess I cant. When its in the main announcement section it gets lost in the crowd as people dont put their age, and honestly I dont go in there as I dont want to read them when Im struggling. Obviously this decision has been made as people get upset when they are having a hard time, I just wanted to have my say
Totally agree!

Why not have a sticky BFP post in here, as a compromise.
No one is forced to click & read!
this is a great idea FuzzyTB, lets have a BFP sticky thread in this section, and then those who choose not to read them dont have to. But many of us want to read them, as we have the odds stacked up against us in general so many of us want the inspiration.

please admin

Old Apr 7th, 2011, 21:58 PM   10
Cui
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by velo View Post
Also to be perfectly honest as someone trying to conceive #1, I find it harder to see people's profile pictures with babies than I do seeing someone's BFP announcement.
Me too..on both.

SEO by vBSEO