LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 29th, 2011, 21:05 PM   1
tigerlilly
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

38 ttc

Hi I hope i posted in the right section? I'm 38 and have been TTC #1 for 6 months. I'm also over weight by 80lbs!!! even though im so frustrated i refuse to give up and try to remain positive. I'm tying to find other women in the same situation particulary those who don't already have children. I find it hard that we either have friends who's children have grown or they don't want children whom don't quite understand how it feels. sometimes I feel that this will never happen for me. However i have one friend who has just given birth to baby #1 @ 43 and got pregnant on the first try!!!!!

Old May 29th, 2011, 21:13 PM   2
cebethel
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Hi Tigerlilly! Welcome! You are definitely in the right section! The ladies here are so helpful, supportive & caring I hope you get your soon!

Sending lots of baby dust your way!

Old May 29th, 2011, 21:15 PM   3
Indigo77
Mum (Mom)
BnB Elite

and welcome

Old May 29th, 2011, 21:17 PM   4
wana b a mom
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

hello there!!
I am 35 and also somewhat overweight. We have been TTC #1 for 6 months also and so far no luck. I think it all depends on your own body, genetics, "luck?". Some women seem to have no problem and others seem to take a little longer. Did you start taking folic acid? My OBGYN said that helps your body get prepared. Do you have any complications? what does your OBGYN say?
I have a doctor's apt @ the beg of August so I will ask all sort of questions (as of why I am not pregnant yet?). I know it is frustrating and I understand how you feel about thinking it may never happen to you. Just hang in there!! it will happen to you!!!

Best of luck!!

Old May 30th, 2011, 00:37 AM   5
Natsby
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

HI and welcome, donŽt worry I know six months feels like a long time, but it is well below average, most couples take a year to get bfp and at our age it can take a little longer. YouŽll find lots of support, and laughs, on here and IŽm sure you will be moving on to first tri soon.

Old May 30th, 2011, 01:32 AM   6
Desperado167
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Hi and welcome

Old May 30th, 2011, 04:00 AM   7
Macwooly
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict

Hello

I'm 40 and TTC#1 and I'm overweight too (although I prefer a term that has been used in this section where someone with padding described themselves as "fluffy")

DH & I TTC for 11 cycles in 2009 with no hint of a BFP and we took a year off from TTC due to me struggling with depression but this is currently cycle 2 of TTC again

Good luck with TTC and hope you see your BFP soon

Old May 30th, 2011, 09:53 AM   8
Mabythistime
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

35 Years old, TTC for 2 Years, Also on #1. Overweight too

Really positive about your friend and having her baby at age 43! - thanks for sharing that.

I know, when its a friend or someone close, its hard to stay positive And I agree, its hard. Especially when your friends become grandma and -pa already...I have a few early 40 yo friends (3 of them) who is grandma.

You will find lots of ladies in your position.

Old May 31st, 2011, 01:24 AM   9
Sewergrrl
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I'm 38 too, but TTC #2 (this is my first cycle trying). I got pregnant with #1 when I was 34 and about 50 lbs overweight at that time. The only issue I had was a minor blood pressure jump. I wouldn't worry too much about being overweight unless you have a medical condition or your doctor thinks your weight is an issue. I'm not sure what your view is on the extra weight, but if you wanted to lose some, you could work on that while TTC. It can be a great distraction for those dreaded TTWs!

Old May 31st, 2011, 12:10 PM   10
Lyvid
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Hi Tigerlilly! You're definitely in the right place! I too am fluffy! Am 38 (for another 2 weeks still) and TTC #1. None of my friends are TTC or pg. It's nice to come to a place where I don't bore people with all the TTC details! And trust me, no one who is not TTC wants to hear what your CM is looking like that day On here no one bats an eyelid at it! Welcome and Babydust to you!