LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 01:57 AM   1
Just_married
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Soy iso - advice on 1st try dosage & timing

Hi lovely ladies,

Need advice on Soy iso.

Planning to take this cycle, today is cd1, so need advice quickly (sorry!) as purchasing and starting v. Soon.

Any ladies advise on their experience what days and what does should I start trying with? I don't have problem ovulating, but as my cycle is short I am hoping SI will increase the egg size.

All advice greatly appreciated,

Jm x

Old Jan 11th, 2012, 03:26 AM   2
Jodes2011
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

Well i used soy Iso and i got my BFP

I took 100mg just before bed from CD2-6 so you begin on CD2 and take your last one on CD6 (5 days in total)

Old Jan 11th, 2012, 03:28 AM   3
Jodes2011
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

oh and maybe think about taking it with EPO i took 1000mg until ovulation because soy can dry up cm

Old Jan 11th, 2012, 07:27 AM   4
Just_married
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodes2011 View Post
oh and maybe think about taking it with EPO i took 1000mg until ovulation because soy can dry up cm
Thanks Jodes, I'll go with that then as it seems to have worked for you

Remember I was asking about thyroid medication too in a PM? Well I have read about a few ladies who had thyroid issues but took it anyway and it didn't do any harm. So I'm going to risk it, it's only for 5 days as you say and even if it did have an effect I would just have to up my thyroxine dosage which isn't a hassle and is certainly worth increasing chances of a bfp for.

Have such a good feeling about this month!

And Jodes, hope morning sickness isn't too bad, can't wait to join you x

Old Jan 11th, 2012, 08:13 AM   5
Jodes2011
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_married View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodes2011 View Post
Thanks Jodes, I'll go with that then as it seems to have worked for you

Remember I was asking about thyroid medication too in a PM? Well I have read about a few ladies who had thyroid issues but took it anyway and it didn't do any harm. So I'm going to risk it, it's only for 5 days as you say and even if it did have an effect I would just have to up my thyroxine dosage which isn't a hassle and is certainly worth increasing chances of a bfp for.

Have such a good feeling about this month!

And Jodes, hope morning sickness isn't too bad, can't wait to join you x
oh yeah i remember now haha! GL and i really hope you'll be joining me xx

Old Jan 12th, 2012, 06:26 AM   6
TJMYANGEL
Other
Active BnB Member

sorry for being nosey but what is soy iso and epo sorry to ask but any litttle tip helps xxx

Old Jan 12th, 2012, 06:35 AM   7
Jodes2011
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJMYANGEL View Post
sorry for being nosey but what is soy iso and epo sorry to ask but any litttle tip helps xxx
Soy is a herbal substitute for Clomid.

How Clomid works

To understand how soy isoflavones are similar to Clomid, it is helpful to understand how Clomid works. Clomid is not estrogen but it has a similar structure to estrogen. Clomid binds to the estrogen receptor cells in the hypothalamus and blocks them. With the estrogen receptor cells blocked, your brain doesn’t get the signal from the estrogen.

Now you really do not have low levels of estrogen, your body just thinks you do. Why is this important? Estrogen is released from your follicles as they mature. If your follicles are not mature you can’t ovulate. So, what Clomid does when it blocks your estrogen receptors is confuse your body into thinking you need more FSH.
GNRH stimulates the production of FSH. When estrogen levels are low, GNRH production picks up. GNRH stimulates FSH and FSH stimulates your follicles. Then as your follicles mature they release estrogen. Once estrogen reaches a certain point, your body will release another hormone called LH which triggers ovulation.

Since FSH is the hormone that causes your follicles to grow and mature, if Clomid can confuse your body into producing more FSH, it will hopefully induce or improve ovulation

Soy Isoflavones dosage for ovulation induction

In order for soy isoflavones to work in a similar manner as Clomid, they should be taken in a similar manner. Clomid is not taken throughout a woman’s cycle. Instead, it is given for about five days at the start of a woman’s cycle. The standard guidelines for Clomid are to take it either on cycle days 3-7 or 5-9. Most women taking soy isoflavones to induce ovulation take around 150-200 mg a day on cycle day 3 -7 or 5-9. Since there are no scientific studies on the effects of soy isoflavones and ovulation, these are just general guidelines. You should not, however, take this dosage throughout your cycle as it may impede ovulation if taken through your entire cycle.

There is also some data that suggests high levels of soy isoflavones may have damaging effects on the thyroid. If you have a thyroid condition you may want to avoid taking soy isoflavones.

and EPO is Evening Primrose Oil which helps your Cervical Mucus for Ovulation.

xxxx

Old Jan 12th, 2012, 06:37 AM   8
TJMYANGEL
Other
Active BnB Member

oh thank you where would i get this from please

Old Jan 12th, 2012, 07:36 AM   9
Jodes2011
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJMYANGEL View Post
oh thank you where would i get this from please
You can get them from Amazon or Health Food Shops

Old Jan 12th, 2012, 07:38 AM   10
Jodes2011
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

I notice you live in Scotland Boots sell them but i will add a link which are good.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lamberts-Soy.../dp/B003FGEE4O

and

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lamberts-Pur...6375454&sr=1-2