Forum Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 18:55 PM   1
starlight2801
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Newbie here, TTC #2 aged 36

Hi ladies

I wanted to introduce myself as I'm new to this section.

I conceived my daughter when I was 34 and was 35 when she was born. She's a year old now and we've started NTNP for #2. Well, to be honest he's NTNP but I have to confess having a closer eye on my cycle.

I'm really excited to be here anyway but nervous too. I'm wondering if being over 35 will make it harder to conceive and whether my pregnancy experience will be more difficult if/when I do.

I keep trying to tell myself age is just a number and it's less than 2 years since we conceived our daughter and I had a good pregnancy with her but I'm daunted by what I read in the news.

It's good to know this forum is here and I can chat to all you ladies in a similar position.

Wishing you all baby dust and luck with your TTC journeys x

Old Mar 13th, 2012, 19:41 PM   2
EverythingXd
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Hi Starlight. We're in a very similar situation! I am TTC #2, and I am 36 (will turn 37 in May). I conceived DS1 when I was 34 and gave birth at 35 as well. My little man was born Nov 2010 so is just coming up to 16 months

I'm worried about whether my fertility has declined too... you read so much about what being over 35 does to fertility... BUT I just found out a friend is pregnant at 41 and she has a toddler the same age as mine (which obviously means she conceived her 1st child after 36 too).

This is only really my 2nd month TTC (3rd really but we got the timing all wrong so it didn't really count!), and I'm already driving myself crazy obsessing about it!

Anyway, you're not alone hun. Good luck, hope you get a quick BFP x

Old Mar 14th, 2012, 03:44 AM   3
starlight2801
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Thanks EverythingXd

We are in a very similar position indeed

Great to hear about your friend and hopefully it will happen for both of us soon x

Old Mar 14th, 2012, 17:56 PM   4
captainj1
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Hi girls, I'm in the exact same situation too, I'm 37 in July and LO is 16 months, born nov 2010. We started TTC #2 in January but no luck yet. It took us 7 months last time, although first month using cbfm. I using cbfm again this time as my cycles have got shorter, they are now 26 days and I tend to O on cd12 which this month was on 12th march. Only managed to bd twice though so not hoping for much this month! LO has been in hospital so much distraction.

Good luck! X

Old Mar 15th, 2012, 05:38 AM   5
starlight2801
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Hi Captainj1

Sorry to hear that your LO has been in hospital. I hope he (I assume he, with your blue ticker?) is much better now.
I'm not surprised you've been too distracted to BD but you never know, if one of those two times was just at the right time...
Well my AF is due in four days now and I'm getting impatient to see what happens. Don't think we got the timing right but there's always hope...

Old Mar 15th, 2012, 05:39 AM   6
starlight2801
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Hoping for a quick BFP for both of you ladies
Thanks for the welcome x

Old Mar 15th, 2012, 05:43 AM   7
Loopy lotti
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Hi Starlight, I'm new to the section & the forum! Good luck, I'm sure you'll fall soon enough!

Old Mar 15th, 2012, 05:45 AM   8
Loopy lotti
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy lotti View Post
Hi Starlight, I'm new to the section & the forum! Good luck, I'm sure you'll fall soon enough!
And meant to finish that post with a healthy dusting of baby dust!!!

(can you edit post's once sent? Sorry typical newbie here )

Old Mar 15th, 2012, 06:17 AM   9
starlight2801
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Quote:
Quote:
And meant to finish that post with a healthy dusting of baby dust!!!

(can you edit post's once sent? Sorry typical newbie here )
Hi, and welcome to the forum

I think you'll find it friendly and supportive here, if a little bit addictive!

You can edit your posts once you send them. You should find a button at the bottom of your post but I'm on my phone so can't remember exactly where on the full website.

Healthy dose of baby dust right back at you

Xx

Old Mar 15th, 2012, 12:14 PM   10
Zeri
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Hi! I'll be 36 in June and am also working on #2. I had my daughter at age 33 - she's 2 now. I got pregnant last year but had a miscarriage at 9 weeks, and then a chemical pregnancy in December. I can't help but wonder if my age played a part in the losses. Hoping I get pregnant with a sticky baby soon. My DH is 44 so I feel like don't have much time play with. DH is NTNP, but like you, I have a closer eye on my cycle. ;-)

Being that you had a good recent pregnancy, I should think you should be okay - 36 or not. Sometimes I wonder if fertility drops off rapidly at age 35, or just gradually, though? Hmm...

SEO by vBSEO