I'm 39.5 and have had two conceptions that both ended in early pregnancy losses. I am trying to figure out, on my own, what the cause was. Here are the pertinent facts:
1) Sperm donor #1 was a smoker and heavy coffee drinker. His ex-gfriend had one chemical pregnancy. He has been and is exposed to a substantial amount of industrial solvents such as paint, etc.
2) With #1, the egg implanted (light spotting) until it was time for my regular AF. Actually, AF was a day or two late. I had a faint EPT line on AF's due date.
3) Sperm donor #2 is 42 and is a relatively healthy nonsmoker, nondrinker. However, he has had the experience of a girlfriend having multiple miscarriages.
4) With #2, the egg implanted (again light spotting) but this lasted only a couple days until I began to bleed a heavy period.
5) My facial hair has been increasing for the past five years and the growth has been speeding up for the past year.
6) I do spot before AFs and this has been happening for the past 6 months.
7) I am pretty healthy. I work out, eat well, and don't drink or smoke at all. I do drink a cup of coffee per day.
8) The one health factor I have is some cardiovascular disease which I am working on reversing with diet, exercise, supplements, and baby aspirin.
Of course, the problem could be both chromosomal and progesterone, but I'm wondering if there is something I am not seeing or asking which is why I am approaching the collective wisdom on this board. Thank you in advance.
Any opinions, advice, statements or other information expressed or made available on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com by users or third parties, including but not limited to bloggers, are solely those of the respective user or other third party. They do not reflect the opinions of BabyandBump.Momtastic.com and they have not been reviewed by a physician, psychologist or parenting expert or any member of the BabyandBump.Momtastic.com staff for accuracy, balance or objectivity. Content and other information presented on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com are not a substitute for professional medical or mental health advice, counseling, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical or mental health advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com. BabyandBump.Momtastic.com does not endorse any opinion, advice, statement, product, service or treatment made available on the website. If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency services immediately.