Forum Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 14th, 2012, 20:39 PM   1
Praying4bump
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

TTC #1 after Laparoscopy 4 severe Endo

Hi!

After almost 8 mos of horrible pain and 7 mos being unsuccessful TTC, my OBGYN suspected that I had endo. We scheduled the surgery and he confirmed that I had severe endo. He lasered it off in March (last month)and now we are TTC #1 before the endo comes back. I'm 8DPO today. Any success rates getting pregnant after a lap for severe endo?

Thanks,

Old Apr 14th, 2012, 21:06 PM   2
BabyBean14
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict

Delete

Old Apr 15th, 2012, 05:08 AM   3
Elski
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Yep, I've had 3x lap/excision for severe endo between 2005 and 2007 (although I'd been experiencing symptoms since 1996 - it took me 9 years to get a diagnosis). Fell pregnant in 2009 and have a beautiful 2yr old girl and we're currently TTC#2 (FX'd we're successful again). You're at your best chances of conceiving for around the 9 months that follow the lap. Good luck

Old Apr 20th, 2012, 02:09 AM   4
Gingersnaps

For endo to reduce inflammation trying going gluten free (no cheating).
I did not have my endo removed but it was severe. They found it during other surgery.
I have found going gluten free, RRL tea and baby aspirin help my inflammation. I have not had more surgery but do not doubt it is less severe now.

Old Apr 24th, 2012, 21:08 PM   5
Praying4bump
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Thanks for the encouragement ladies!

Old Jul 11th, 2012, 19:35 PM   6
lauren26
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

I know this thread is kind of old, but I'm curious is anyone with severe had cysts?? I will get a lap next month and know I have cysts in my ovaries (doc 99% sure they are endometriomas). My doctor said she's afraid that she will go in and find frozen pelvis...has anyone experienced this? I am doubtful that it's that wide-spread since I don't have chronic pain, only during AF, but I know that rule with endo about pain not equaling severity. I am so nervous! I can probably still do IVF if I have frozen pelvis, but the doc also suggested that the scarring might be bad enough that I couldn't do natural or IVF....this is all without a lap, though. Curious to hear more about everyone's experience!

Old Jul 13th, 2012, 14:50 PM   7
PositiveUs
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I looked up frozen pelvis and just about died!!!!!!!!!!!!
That sucks. Now I am scared that's what they will find during my lap coming up.
Omg, just the word "frozen pelvis" is enough to make you want to puke!

I am praying for both of us that we don't have that dirty word.

Old Jul 13th, 2012, 17:02 PM   8
lauren26
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Me too!! I think that my doctor tends to jump to conclusions...but it's definitely a scary possibility! I am praying that I miraculously get pregnant before the lap so I don't have to go through with it, or win the lotto so I can afford it! Lol.

Old Jul 19th, 2013, 14:26 PM   9
lauren26
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Don't know if anyone ever looks on this thread (I know I Googled everything about post-lap success rates when I was TTC!!), but I wanted to say that I had severe, Stage IV Endo and had a lap that removed all of it (miraculously). I lost half of my left ovary. We had been TTC for 15 months with zero success. I got pregnant a week after the lap and my beautiful baby is almost three months old. Don't lose hope

Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 00:16 AM   10
Milty
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict

I just wanted to say thanks for coming back and posting your success story!

I just recently found out I have stage 4 endo. They had to remove all of my left ovary and tube then Lasered off as much endo as they could. My doc is now going to have me do 3 months if Lupron to help with the rest. Then we will be TTC like mad while we are in our more fertile window!

SEO by vBSEO