Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 28th, 2012, 07:23 AM   1
xbabyhopesx
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 115

First visit since October last year...And its more bad news for the TWW.


Sooo...I've not posted on here for about seven months because I was hoping to calm things down a bit and not 'try too hard' as I'd been advised to lol.

Seven months later..Seven more bust cycles.

It has been over two years (roughly 25 failed cycles) since my one and only pregnancy that unfortunately ended in miscarriage at 6-7 weeks when I was 18 years old (settled with my partner of 4 years at the time).

I am now 20 (turning 21 this year) and my fertility is getting worse and worse.

I was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 17 after having problems from the age of 12. I had two laproscopic surgeries, the first in December 2008, the second was on my 19th birthday in November 2010..Wonderful lol.

I've also had recurrent bartholin abcesses and had three more operations to have them drained (Feb 2011, Apr 2011 and Jan 2012). SO its been a pretty annoying two years of trying to conceive!

This cycle I had some fertililty tests including Progesterone blood check, HSG and ultrasound scan (I've had a few large cycts that have needed removing during my laps).

The progesterone test came back fine the month before, The HSG which was on CD8 of my current cycle, was slightly uncomfortable but again the results were wonderful..No blockages or abnormalities

Everything seemed to be going swimmingly until Wednesday when I had the ultrasound. I've now found out that I not only have a retroverted uterus and endometriosis, but I have cystic ovaries too. And until my follow up I have no idea how much of a problem this is causing or what it is?

The lady doing the ultrasound suggested I get myself tests for PCOS? But I have very regular 25/26 day cycles (slighlty shorter due to the endo) and my progestrone levels suggest I am ovulating?

Does anyone have any ideas?

I am now in my TWW on CD18 roughly 6DPO and feel nothing. Nothing at all. No PMS..No Early PG signs (And I hear you're more fertile after a HSG!)

I don't even know which forum I belong in anymore..Long term trying to conceive? Check. Trying to conceive after a loss? Check. Trying to conceive with endo??

Its just starting to seem pretty impossible with everything that's going on...I don't know how so many of you cope. I know I'm young but infertility runs in my family..My cousin was diagnosed as completely infertile by the time she was 25 So I'm really trying my best to get in there quickly. Besides, its all me and my partner want in our future so I'm praying for a miracle...

Anyways..Any input would be muchly appreciated.

Baby dust to all!!!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 28th, 2012, 07:52 AM   2
HollySSmith
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON, CANADA
Posts: 1,404
Hi I didn't want to read and run. Though I have no experience with fertility issues my sister does. She was diagnosed with pcos, and cystic ovaries as well. She had several lap surgeries and due to a ruptured cyst she lost one of her ovaries. They told her she would never get pregnant without help , if at all.
It took her almost three years but she did in fact get pregnant. Now she has two darling children (both conceived naturally) so despite being told it was impossible, it still happened.
I'm not saying that my sisters story is similar to your but more that seemingly impossible things do happen. Try not to loose faith or give up. I really hope things turn more positive for you. Just remember there are many wonderful ladies on this forum who have been through the same thing.
Big hugs



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:25 AM   3
xbabyhopesx
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollySSmith View Post
Hi I didn't want to read and run. Though I have no experience with fertility issues my sister does. She was diagnosed with pcos, and cystic ovaries as well. She had several lap surgeries and due to a ruptured cyst she lost one of her ovaries. They told her she would never get pregnant without help , if at all.
It took her almost three years but she did in fact get pregnant. Now she has two darling children (both conceived naturally) so despite being told it was impossible, it still happened.
I'm not saying that my sisters story is similar to your but more that seemingly impossible things do happen. Try not to loose faith or give up. I really hope things turn more positive for you. Just remember there are many wonderful ladies on this forum who have been through the same thing.
Big hugs
Thank you for your reply..Its just so hard to keep your chin up sometimes.

Its awful that my mind is so ready but my own body is going against me.

I hope like you're sister I finally have some luck.

I don't want to be the unlucky one all the time, especially when everyone I know is preganant around me!

Its a long old lonely road..I'm just glad there are others out there who know how it feels..Otherwise I'd have driven myself nuts by now lol



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:29 AM   4
HollySSmith
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON, CANADA
Posts: 1,404
I know it's hard to stay positive, especially when it feels like the cards are stacked against you. But I really believe in the wonders of positive energy.

I'll be secretly stalking you to see how things go



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:30 AM   5
moter98
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,429
i have a tilted uterus too. it is very rare for it to cause any problems when TTC. i do have a DS so it didn't affect me at all.

my SIL has PCOS, but no regular cycles. she would have maybe 3 ovulatory cycles a year, but in her case, her tubes were also blocked. they actually did IUI and it worked first try! second time around they did IUI with hcg shot and the HSG to clear tubes and they are having triplets now!

my whole point is, try to keep positive. you have many options even if you can't have children the "natural" way. there are so many advancements in fertility problems now that dr's can help you. good luck!



Status: Offline
 
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:43 AM   6
HollySSmith
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON, CANADA
Posts: 1,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by moter98 View Post
i have a tilted uterus too. it is very rare for it to cause any problems when TTC. i do have a DS so it didn't affect me at all.

my SIL has PCOS, but no regular cycles. she would have maybe 3 ovulatory cycles a year, but in her case, her tubes were also blocked. they actually did IUI and it worked first try! second time around they did IUI with hcg shot and the HSG to clear tubes and they are having triplets now!

my whole point is, try to keep positive. you have many options even if you can't have children the "natural" way. there are so many advancements in fertility problems now that dr's can help you. good luck!
Exactly! I forgot to mention I also have an inverted uterus and it cause zero problems. The only time it would cause an issue was when they would check my cervix for exams, as they would have trouble finding it. Once I told them it wasnt a problem either.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 28th, 2012, 19:49 PM   7
uwa_amanda
Other
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbabyhopesx View Post
Sooo...I've not posted on here for about seven months because I was hoping to calm things down a bit and not 'try too hard' as I'd been advised to lol.

Seven months later..Seven more bust cycles.

It has been over two years (roughly 25 failed cycles) since my one and only pregnancy that unfortunately ended in miscarriage at 6-7 weeks when I was 18 years old (settled with my partner of 4 years at the time).

I am now 20 (turning 21 this year) and my fertility is getting worse and worse.

I was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 17 after having problems from the age of 12. I had two laproscopic surgeries, the first in December 2008, the second was on my 19th birthday in November 2010..Wonderful lol.

I've also had recurrent bartholin abcesses and had three more operations to have them drained (Feb 2011, Apr 2011 and Jan 2012). SO its been a pretty annoying two years of trying to conceive!

This cycle I had some fertililty tests including Progesterone blood check, HSG and ultrasound scan (I've had a few large cycts that have needed removing during my laps).

The progesterone test came back fine the month before, The HSG which was on CD8 of my current cycle, was slightly uncomfortable but again the results were wonderful..No blockages or abnormalities

Everything seemed to be going swimmingly until Wednesday when I had the ultrasound. I've now found out that I not only have a retroverted uterus and endometriosis, but I have cystic ovaries too. And until my follow up I have no idea how much of a problem this is causing or what it is?

The lady doing the ultrasound suggested I get myself tests for PCOS? But I have very regular 25/26 day cycles (slighlty shorter due to the endo) and my progestrone levels suggest I am ovulating?

Does anyone have any ideas?

I am now in my TWW on CD18 roughly 6DPO and feel nothing. Nothing at all. No PMS..No Early PG signs (And I hear you're more fertile after a HSG!)

I don't even know which forum I belong in anymore..Long term trying to conceive? Check. Trying to conceive after a loss? Check. Trying to conceive with endo??

Its just starting to seem pretty impossible with everything that's going on...I don't know how so many of you cope. I know I'm young but infertility runs in my family..My cousin was diagnosed as completely infertile by the time she was 25 So I'm really trying my best to get in there quickly. Besides, its all me and my partner want in our future so I'm praying for a miracle...

Anyways..Any input would be muchly appreciated.

Baby dust to all!!!
Never in my life have I ever had a so I can't say anything other than I am so sorry for your miscarriage. I wish I knew exactly what was wrong with my DH and I. I am nearing 30 and my DH is 35 years old. We went through eight cycles of Clomid before deciding to take a break due to DH's poor SA results...and are still classified as unexplained infertility . We can't afford to try anything above Clomid due to my insurance not covering infertility, so we are looking at a probable/possible life without children, since adoption costs here are extremely high. I hope you get your and a sticky little bean so you will have your beautiful baby! to you and your DH!!!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 29th, 2012, 03:50 AM   8
xbabyhopesx
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 115
Thank you for all the replies..Its so good to hear some possitive replies!

I'm hoping that no matter how much the odds seem to go against me I'll have just one stroke of luck and get what I've always wanted.

I have to say that after the loss it just feels like there is a HUGE part of my life missing..Its such a horrible feeling...

I've heard lots of stories about people with endo or tilted uterus' getting pregnant naturally so keeping my fingers crossed now.

I'm just hoping the combination of the three problems I have don't pose too much of a problem.

Don't know what I'd do without the wonderful advice I get on here...Good luck to anyone trying! BabyDust!



 
Status: Offline
 

SEO by vBSEO