Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 24th, 2017, 09:43 AM   41
Tristansmom
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 560
meg_bellamy she's an all-night nurser, usually doesn't nurse much in the day though (I work outside the home) so we'll be working on sleeping through the night for the next 10 days or so, but I expect we'll go right back to nursing after I've triggered and tested out...! She's a boobie baby for sure lol...

I was actually reading that for gonal-F some drs say you can still nurse in the evening as long as you don't for at least 6 hours after the shot, so idk, we'll see how it goes.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 24th, 2017, 09:52 AM   42
Wnt2beAMom
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,005
Negative on the clear blue test too. I think I'll just wait for AF now...I feel silly wasting so many tests



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 24th, 2017, 20:26 PM   43
meg_bellamy
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South Australia
Posts: 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristansmom View Post
meg_bellamy she's an all-night nurser, usually doesn't nurse much in the day though (I work outside the home) so we'll be working on sleeping through the night for the next 10 days or so, but I expect we'll go right back to nursing after I've triggered and tested out...! She's a boobie baby for sure lol...

I was actually reading that for gonal-F some drs say you can still nurse in the evening as long as you don't for at least 6 hours after the shot, so idk, we'll see how it goes.
DS is an all night nurser too lol, 2wks ago we started dropping day feeds but he sure makes up for it at night time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnt2beAMom View Post
Negative on the clear blue test too. I think I'll just wait for AF now...I feel silly wasting so many tests
I'm so sorry hun You are 11dpo now right? so it's still early. But either way your body has ovulated and now you can track and at least know what is going on x



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 26th, 2017, 18:10 PM   44
Wnt2beAMom
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,005
I'm 13dpo now and no signs of AF coming. I don't want to waste any more tests. I don't feel pregnant either. So maybe I didn't ovulate
I'm so confused. I think I'll book myself a Dr appointment to check my hormone levels too...



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 27th, 2017, 12:54 PM   45
Reiko_ctu
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 670
Aw sorry wnt2b.... you must be so bummed. I think you can get a strong opk and not actually release an egg? Not sure. Dr seems like a good call, you're quite a few months PP so it would be good to know where you stand with all your hormones. I would still keep testing with ICs every couple of weeks though, you never know.

I was having a bummed out day yesterday when I really wanted to be in control of my fertility and when I get pregnant. But today I'm feeling ok that it doesn't work that way!! Enjoying making my babe happy with nursing. She's such a spunky little toddler lol and she just loves nursing. It will happen when it happens!! So feeling more optimistic today.



Status: Online
 
Old Feb 27th, 2017, 13:03 PM   46
Reiko_ctu
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by meg_bellamy View Post
Thank you so much girls!!!!
I agree IC's are CRAP! I didn't get a pos with my son on an IC til 12dpo and other tests were blazing.
Reiko I am a bit concerned with getting rest with an almost-toddler, it's definitely going to be very different from last time haha. I remember saying a lot "how the heck do you do this when you have other kids?" lol
My test today is a bit darker, was hoping it would be darker but oh well. I think I was actually 9dpo yesterday and 10dpo today. I've run out of FRERs so I'll be going to the shops
You'll get through, before you know it you'll have 2 and it'll be old hat lol. Goes way faster the 2nd time around too! And labours are generally better too so



Status: Online
 
Old Feb 27th, 2017, 18:11 PM   47
meg_bellamy
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South Australia
Posts: 985
I think a blood test is a great idea to check where your hormones are at

Reiko I just found out two other mums in my mums group are also newly pregnant so there will be a few of us with 2 under 2, so glad I'll have support and won't feel like I'm going through it alone!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 4th, 2017, 13:17 PM   48
Wnt2beAMom
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,005
I'm starting to lose motivation on this night weaning because it obviously didn't help my fertility....I guess I want a more immediate effect! Lol I know that's silly. It will and should take longer.
DS started getting another cold last week so he wanted to nurse lots and so I let him because he would not eat food no matter how hungry he was.
I've spent the last few nights in bed with him and he's woken up 3-4 times to nurse. Which is still better than what he was doing...(every 1-2 hours and/or staying latched all night).
I guess I'm just posting to get myself motivated again now that he's feeling better.
I've also booked myself for a Dr appointment in 2 weeks and Dr wants me to get the blood work done before the appointment so we can discuss results.
I haven't noticed any fertile signs from myself lately but felt incredibly nauseous when DS picked up his nursing and googled that an increase in oxytocin can make you feel nauseous. I took a PG test anyway and it was negative. I guess it was the oxytocin...I also was incredibly dehydrated and felt better after drinking like a gallon of water one day.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 5th, 2017, 20:04 PM   49
Tasha S.
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 845
Hi ladies!
I'm not ready to TTC #4 yet, but I was checking out the threads for fun and found this one!
I just wanted to give you ladies a tip, if you'd like a natural alternative to bring back fertility. I used a tea called Fertilitea that's made by Fairhaven Health to get proper cycles back postpartum. It also lengthens luteal phases! Twice I conceived on that tea the first cycle of taking it, and the third time I got pregnant on the second cycle. You can buy it from a Canadian site at makeababy.ca. In the US you can buy it on fairhavenhealth.com. I'm not sure about Australian sites! Anyways, I just thought I'd share that.
Best of luck to those TTC!
And congrats to you, Meg!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 6th, 2017, 02:30 AM   50
Reiko_ctu
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnt2beAMom View Post
I'm starting to lose motivation on this night weaning because it obviously didn't help my fertility....I guess I want a more immediate effect! Lol I know that's silly. It will and should take longer.
DS started getting another cold last week so he wanted to nurse lots and so I let him because he would not eat food no matter how hungry he was.
I've spent the last few nights in bed with him and he's woken up 3-4 times to nurse. Which is still better than what he was doing...(every 1-2 hours and/or staying latched all night).
I guess I'm just posting to get myself motivated again now that he's feeling better.
I've also booked myself for a Dr appointment in 2 weeks and Dr wants me to get the blood work done before the appointment so we can discuss results.
I haven't noticed any fertile signs from myself lately but felt incredibly nauseous when DS picked up his nursing and googled that an increase in oxytocin can make you feel nauseous. I took a PG test anyway and it was negative. I guess it was the oxytocin...I also was incredibly dehydrated and felt better after drinking like a gallon of water one day.
I remember that nursing DD2 in the early days. I literally felt like I was going to puke every time she started to nurse. Didn't last the whole session though. I'm so excited for your blood work!! I need to book my dr appt still, I need a pap too. i do wonder how long the weaning process takes to affect fertility... like 3 nights and you're going to ovulate or more like a month?? i guess it's most likely different for everyone. I've had a stretch of 2 nights in a row of sttn and that's all so far lol. Good luck to me XP



Status: Online
 

SEO by vBSEO