Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 30th, 2008, 00:56 AM   1
shadowsilk
On a break (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 379

strange period.. questions i have


My period is behaving strangely this month.
Started 2 weeks or approx. 10 days before my expected period. Which for normal people would be when they ovulate probably. Well. Idk. I feel different, like I'm not myself. I woke up feeling healthy and fine. I went to an appointment and while I'm sitting in the employment workers office, i felt a warm slight gush of blood, much like water. Felt sorta like I accidently peed myself. I quickly excused myself to the bathroom, put on a pad, and went back. I went home, suffered from a bit of cramping and backpain. Took some painkillers, and the pain or the bleeding hasn't been back for more than 8 hours. Only used about 2 pads today from 4pm to now which is 1am. Hardly soaked either completely. And it turned brown before it stopped. Has anyone had something like this come unexpectedly? My periods are usually the same way each time. I wonder what could be causing this. I have never had implantation bleeding but been pregnant a few times, is this implantation bleeding?? Could having a different partner change how the pregnancy is, as to give implantation bleeding? Let me know what you think.


New INFO:
friday, may 29th, 2008:
Bleeding came back for a bit longer but was lighter. And i'd spot afterwords. until it'd go away. but tonight my breasts FEEL HEAVY and almost PAINFUL.
They look a bit bigger too.

NEW INFOR:
Thursday, June 5th, 2008:
Bleeding is nearly constant. Heavier than normal period by a small bit. Not so painful. Flow seems different than a period in look and "smell". Mild smell though. Nothing overbearing. Or odd. Like after you give birth. Lochia, like. I think it's vaginal bleeding between periods. And this worries me. It's almost always bright red, with TINY clots, or small clots (so its not a miscarriage I dont think) My breasts still feel the same but my other symptoms are MILD. Some heartburn, some nausea but all fade quickly. Never emotional. Opposite of my normal state. I'm usualyl very emotional. This would be DAY 8 of a period, if it is a period, usually by now the bleeding has slowed down. If it's not gone by tomorrow, then something is up. It's starting to make me feel weak, and slightly anemic. Helphelphelp.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 30th, 2008, 02:29 AM   2
loopylew
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 2,343
is it your first AF since miscarriage? maybe just your hormones readjusting?, you could test hun just to check. Have you recently come off bcp? thats messed my hormones up and im 9 months down the line!!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 30th, 2008, 08:04 AM   3
shadowsilk
On a break (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopylew View Post
is it your first AF since miscarriage? maybe just your hormones readjusting?, you could test hun just to check. Have you recently come off bcp? thats messed my hormones up and im 9 months down the line!!
4th period or so after m/c.
no birth control since winter of 2007.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 30th, 2008, 09:35 AM   4
i'm royal
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 209
I posted a reply for you in my post "Anyone else late for af?"Sorry i didnt post it here was just replying to what you mentioned to me in my post.



Status: Offline
 
Old May 30th, 2008, 14:46 PM   5
dizzy65
Mum (Mom)
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: BC canada
Posts: 15,070
u know this happened to me but i havent m/c and my period came late it was sort of the same deal though and i am still trying to figure out wat is going on with me...



Status: Offline
 
Old May 30th, 2008, 16:17 PM   6
magicvw
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: the Dark Ages
Posts: 16,932
I have been Googling "implantation bleeding" all day LOL! I did get implantation bleeding with my LO - it was literally 2 spots of brown blood in my knickers, nothing more. However, after all my googling today, it seems it can be anything from a few spots to a couple of days' worth.

PS Every pregnancy is different- new partner or old partner! You can't expect them to have the same symptoms! (That would make it much too easy for us!!!)



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 30th, 2008, 17:59 PM   7
mothermayi
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 79
implantation bleeding happens about a week after ov/before af. its usually a few drops to a light period. some people also can bleed a bit when the ovulate, if you know when that was, then that can confirm or negate that. other things that could cause bleeding could be things such as endometriosis or other things like that. there are too many possibilities to tell! (or to worry quite yet!) so i would say keep an eye out for any other weird happenings, and keep in mind that thin redish blood is fresh and brown is old. so if its brown, it could have been something from before (like leftover from last period, or late drip of implantation or ov bleed) but if red, it could be a number of things happening right now. it is strange, i will say, that it was a gush of warm liquid like urine. i dont know what to think of that. but just keep an eye on everything.

and do remember, like someone else said, that every pg, and as a matter of fact every cycle, can be different. so it could just be something strange that happened this once.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 31st, 2008, 00:55 AM   8
shadowsilk
On a break (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermayi View Post
implantation bleeding happens about a week after ov/before af. its usually a few drops to a light period. some people also can bleed a bit when the ovulate, if you know when that was, then that can confirm or negate that. other things that could cause bleeding could be things such as endometriosis or other things like that. there are too many possibilities to tell! (or to worry quite yet!) so i would say keep an eye out for any other weird happenings, and keep in mind that thin redish blood is fresh and brown is old. so if its brown, it could have been something from before (like leftover from last period, or late drip of implantation or ov bleed) but if red, it could be a number of things happening right now. it is strange, i will say, that it was a gush of warm liquid like urine. i dont know what to think of that. but just keep an eye on everything.

and do remember, like someone else said, that every pg, and as a matter of fact every cycle, can be different. so it could just be something strange that happened this once.
It came the same way today after 4pm around 4:30.
No cramps or anything this time.
A gush or two. Like when your "water" breaks. But a tiny bit thicker. Then slowed right down to spot-like stuff. Barely any clots still.
Thin/red, usually only brownish discharge afterwords, after the bleeding stops.

when you guys said "few days worth" (i forgot already who said that), do you mean it could be slight bleeding instead of just, small spotting?
My periods are normally
A. Really Heavy like a miscarriage almost.
B. Painful on both the first and second days almost ALL day long.
C. Filled with clots.
D. Predictable. 30 day cycle.

It did come a week after OV and a week before expected period, if I am correct... 9-10days ish. But maybe it was going to come early or maybe I ov'd early?

Dunno but right now it feels like i got little bags of milk for boobies.
and they look vein-y and the nipples are larger and noticeably so.
took 6 hometests though.
4 out of 6 came out neg, 2 came out confusing. LOL
Like, they were 1. clearblue, and 2. equate. Both + or - tests
blue ink and all.
couldn't snapshot them.
I was out at the moment.
They both looked like they had the definate - part of the +. And then there was one side of the line that makes up the + sign. Couldn't tell if it was evap or not. The rest of the line looked like an evap but there was a slight blueish tinge to it. Very slight. Had to squint a bit, at first. But as it cleared it stayed the same, and they BOTH gave off this. But the funny thing is. FIRST RESPONSE DIDNT. 2 first response tests, 1 answer/inverness test, 1 clearblue test, and 1 equate test all were obviously so negative. So what made the OTHER clearblue and equate test show different things? Thats confusing in itself. I'm thinking of waiting a week and doing this again.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 31st, 2008, 00:58 AM   9
shadowsilk
On a break (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm royal View Post
I posted a reply for you in my post "Anyone else late for af?"Sorry i didnt post it here was just replying to what you mentioned to me in my post.
oh thats ok!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 31st, 2008, 02:55 AM   10
magicvw
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: the Dark Ages
Posts: 16,932
They do sound like goo pg symptoms, so good luck! I think implantation bleeding is defined by being much lighter than a normal period. Here's a link to a pretty good site I found:

http://www.steadyhealth.com/articles...a410_f101.html



 
Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
period , questions , strange

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search






SEO by vBSEO