Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 08:37 AM   11
MrsPTTC
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Washington, UK
Posts: 3,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soili View Post
Technically it is possible, isn't it? I was wondering if there is any way to tell? Because if it's a chemical pregnancy, then the egg implants, even if for a short while and it can be caught on ultra-sensitive pregnancy tests. But if it doesn't implant, then there's absolutely no way of knowing?

Ever since we've started TTC, every now and then I have a period that starts with light spotting from 3 to 7 days prior to AF. Pregnancy tests always come out negative. Any chance the spotting is from the egg trying to implant, but failing?

I have a OB appointment next month, gonna bring it up and maybe get blood tested for progesterone, since I hear low level could explain spotting too.
This happens to me too and have wondered the same thing! Never had this much spotting before TTC. I'm taking agnus castus to shorten my LP (which it has) and it's supposed to also help with the progesterone so hopefully if not a this month, the spotting will have at least decreased! x



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 08:40 AM   12
3boys
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 9,049
isnt that how the morning after pill works? it doesnt stop an egg being fertilized it just stops it from implanting.



 
Status: Online
 
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 10:10 AM   13
molina
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11
it is also like IUD works it did not prevent fertilization but it prevent implantation and i think u will never know if fertilization occur as there is no method to confirm it



Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 11:13 AM   14
CandiceSj
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 520
Very interesting question! I heard about some methods of birth control not stopping conception but stopping implantation, so it can happen for sure. Don't know what kind of reading it could give on a pregnancy test though.

I'm curious about your thoughts on this question:

Do any of you not feel right about these birth control methods that allow conception but prevent it from becoming a real pregnancy and a real baby? I knew some Catholics who were so much against it that they called it an abortion and murder, which is a bit much for me! But at the same time, it's not natural to have so many potential babies not existing because of it. I prefer to prevent pregnancy by preventing conception from occurring. Well, that was when I was preventing; now we are TTC



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 11:45 AM   15
worrying
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Sussex UK
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soili View Post
Technically it is possible, isn't it? I was wondering if there is any way to tell? Because if it's a chemical pregnancy, then the egg implants, even if for a short while and it can be caught on ultra-sensitive pregnancy tests. But if it doesn't implant, then there's absolutely no way of knowing?

Ever since we've started TTC, every now and then I have a period that starts with light spotting from 3 to 7 days prior to AF. Pregnancy tests always come out negative. Any chance the spotting is from the egg trying to implant, but failing?

I have a OB appointment next month, gonna bring it up and maybe get blood tested for progesterone, since I hear low level could explain spotting too.
There are a few things that can cause spotting, I went to my GP about spotting and was referred for a scan. It turned out I had had an ovarian cyst that had burst and caused it! Its cleared itself up now and I haven't spotted for a couple of months. You're right in saying that low progesterone can also be a cause, apparently taking vitamin B6 can help this. Worth a trip to the doctors, I think!



Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 20:24 PM   16
flibbrtygibbt
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soili View Post
flibbrtygibbt, I believe my LP is 12-13 days, not sure exactly. But a few times I caught my O day on OPK, I had the period arrive 14 days later. So I'm guessing it's 12 or 13 days. I'm charting for the first time this month, that's why there's no other cycles recorded
A 12 to 14 day LP is actually in the normal range
You can ask then to test your progesterone
But my guess is that its going to be fine!



Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 20:28 PM   17
flibbrtygibbt
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boys View Post
isnt that how the morning after pill works? it doesnt stop an egg being fertilized it just stops it from implanting.
No the morning after pill will stop your ovulation which is why so many women have a long cycle when they take it
I have a friend who used it once and swore to never do it again and just accept consequences when she used the MAP it delayed her ovulation by 5 or 6 days making her af late
she was scared she was pregnant any way
Strange that we spend so much time trying NOT to get pregnant and then one day we turn it around and put that same amount of effort into TRYING to get pregnant?



Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 20:31 PM   18
flibbrtygibbt
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceSj View Post
Very interesting question! I heard about some methods of birth control not stopping conception but stopping implantation, so it can happen for sure. Don't know what kind of reading it could give on a pregnancy test though.

I'm curious about your thoughts on this question:

Do any of you not feel right about these birth control methods that allow conception but prevent it from becoming a real pregnancy and a real baby? I knew some Catholics who were so much against it that they called it an abortion and murder, which is a bit much for me! But at the same time, it's not natural to have so many potential babies not existing because of it. I prefer to prevent pregnancy by preventing conception from occurring. Well, that was when I was preventing; now we are TTC
Am I against Birth Control?
NO
BUT I will do the research on my birth control before I will take one because I don't feel I could live with that idea
Thats just how I feel for myself but I judge NO ONE fr thier decision.



Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 02:35 AM   19
3boys
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 9,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by flibbrtygibbt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boys View Post
isnt that how the morning after pill works? it doesnt stop an egg being fertilized it just stops it from implanting.
No the morning after pill will stop your ovulation which is why so many women have a long cycle when they take it
I have a friend who used it once and swore to never do it again and just accept consequences when she used the MAP it delayed her ovulation by 5 or 6 days making her af late
she was scared she was pregnant any way
Strange that we spend so much time trying NOT to get pregnant and then one day we turn it around and put that same amount of effort into TRYING to get pregnant?
yes but it can also stop implantation



 
Status: Online
 
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 10:21 AM   20
CandiceSj
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 520
That makes a lot of sense. I love your point of view and feel the same way. I value our cultural attitude of allowing people to make their own decisions as long as it doesn't harm someone else and this is one of those things where we are not harming any person but we might have different beliefs than another person so the option is there to do things differently.



Quote:
Originally Posted by flibbrtygibbt View Post
Am I against Birth Control?
NO
BUT I will do the research on my birth control before I will take one because I don't feel I could live with that idea
Thats just how I feel for myself but I judge NO ONE fr thier decision.



 
Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
egg , fertilized , implant

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search






SEO by vBSEO