Forum Rules


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 10:37 AM   21
adttc
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 261
Most fertility doctors would recommend to stay away from oral sex while TTC. Since my husband is really excited to get pregnant, I did not have to ask him to stop, once he learned this information, he told me 'no more oral sex until we are pregnant'.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 10:46 AM   22
Nightnurse
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by whimesy3 View Post
I know this may be a little tmi, but were all adults here, and we know what it takes to make a baby, so I figured it would be OK to post this.

My BF likes to perform oral sex on me a lot. The word like is an understatement, and I think he would be devastated if I told him he couldnt.

Is this really going to harm our chances of conceiving? I am reading online that saliva kills sperm, but I mean he would be ejaculating inside of me, and I dont see how all that much saliva could get in there. Like it just doesnt make sense to me.

Anyone have any information they may like to share in regards to this?
Can we trade BF's? lol, but seriously I've heard this but dont possible think that it can do that much harm, if we were told it would hurt our chances of TTC and we couldnt I believe I would be more devastated than my DF,lol, I say enjoy it , we are too stressed as it is with TTC and it may be our one enjoyment,GOOD LUCK



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 12:34 PM   23
Ash0619
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by whimesy3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash0619 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whimesy3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly89 View Post
LOL lucky ladies. Not that my bf does not enjoy, its just usually a once a month-ish thing it seems. I think it's coz I'm... slow and he gets tired. <_< TMI TMI TMI! *flashes alarm*

Anyway, haha! I don't think its bad at all! As long as a ton isn't getting inside, I doubt it would affect TTC. This site has some answers about female O... the other O, lol. http://www.medicinenet.com/script/ma...ticlekey=54557
See I kinda feel the same way. Like how much saliva can really get inside. Its not like there is a pool of it directly in there waiting to meet the sperm...
But....what if there is a pool of it waiting? Cause you use it as lube?? lol.
TMI ALERT- I usually spend some time "lubing him up" so to speak, before we get down to business...At least I found out it's not good during our first ttc cycle and not a year down the road!
Ash, does he actually "pool" it into your vagina? LOL unless he does, I really dont see just how much can get in there from him like, lets say licking his hand (lol) and then putting it down there before insertion. Sometimes my OH does that, and I think 'is all that really necessary'? It actually irritates me when he does it, because I usually get pretty wet on my own. If we spend some time doing foreplay, such as kissing etc, Im pretty wet to begin with so I dont get it.

But if you feel worried, I would try the preseed. I read that it can give some women infections. I could see it happening with me, because my va-jag doesnt like anything, not even sperm really. LOL
Hey, you're definitely right! We BD'd last night after all this information, so I was experimenting with not using saliva just to see. We were perfectly fine without it, I think it somehow became a habit. But it definitely gives me an excuse to demand more foreplay!



 
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 14:24 PM   24
whimesy3
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.hope View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whimesy3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.hope View Post
I heard it does kill sperm and can mess up your vaginal Ph. I like getting it though.
I get bacterial infections all of the time, but I think its from the sperm period. Right now I do not have one thank god, and I am hoping I do not get one before I actually conceive.

OK so yes it kills sperm, but how can it when the penis is inside of the vagina when the guy ejaculates? Like really how much saliva can really get to the cervix area, which is where the sperm are closest too when a man ejaculates?

I am going to do some more research on this...
when you say bacterial infections do you mean yeast infections?
I mean bacterial vaginosis. Its something that any woman can get, even if she is a virgin. It is caused when the PH balance in your vagina has been disturbed. The the vagina has a natural balance of good and bad bacteria. When the PH balance has been disturbed, an over growth of bad bacteria happens and that causes a bacterial infection. Anything can disturb this balance, like soaps, laundry detergent, tight underwear, scented tampons and pads.

I only get them from sperm though.

A yeast infection will be thick and chunky, and usually comes along with itching or burning on the outside of your vagina.

A bacterial infection usually is a white creamy discharge, and its smells like fish. They are awful and usually recurrent.

When you go to the doctor if you have one, they will usually give you some sort of anti biotic in a pill or cream form.

A lot of women say these medications only work short term. The infection will usually come back.

For me they usually go away, and only come back if sperm has been introduced into my vagina...



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 14:34 PM   25
whimesy3
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash0619 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whimesy3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash0619 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whimesy3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly89 View Post
LOL lucky ladies. Not that my bf does not enjoy, its just usually a once a month-ish thing it seems. I think it's coz I'm... slow and he gets tired. <_< TMI TMI TMI! *flashes alarm*

Anyway, haha! I don't think its bad at all! As long as a ton isn't getting inside, I doubt it would affect TTC. This site has some answers about female O... the other O, lol. http://www.medicinenet.com/script/ma...ticlekey=54557
See I kinda feel the same way. Like how much saliva can really get inside. Its not like there is a pool of it directly in there waiting to meet the sperm...
But....what if there is a pool of it waiting? Cause you use it as lube?? lol.
TMI ALERT- I usually spend some time "lubing him up" so to speak, before we get down to business...At least I found out it's not good during our first ttc cycle and not a year down the road!
Ash, does he actually "pool" it into your vagina? LOL unless he does, I really dont see just how much can get in there from him like, lets say licking his hand (lol) and then putting it down there before insertion. Sometimes my OH does that, and I think 'is all that really necessary'? It actually irritates me when he does it, because I usually get pretty wet on my own. If we spend some time doing foreplay, such as kissing etc, Im pretty wet to begin with so I dont get it.

But if you feel worried, I would try the preseed. I read that it can give some women infections. I could see it happening with me, because my va-jag doesnt like anything, not even sperm really. LOL
Hey, you're definitely right! We BD'd last night after all this information, so I was experimenting with not using saliva just to see. We were perfectly fine without it, I think it somehow became a habit. But it definitely gives me an excuse to demand more foreplay!
Yeah I mean you dont put a pizza into a cold oven.... you have to preheat the oven first, right? LOL Happy to hear that, Ash.

I always get very wet when I am aroused. I never understood why people used lubes to begin with, because if a woman is naturally turned on, she provides her own vaginal secretions that are a perfect lube.

I guess some people are in a hurry and get right down to business, which is why they need lube. But what is the fun in that?

Foreplay such as kissing, nipple stimulation etc does the trick for me, and also gets my OH just as worked up. Men like turning women on, it arouses them....So isnt it more fun for everyone if you just do things naturally and show some genuine affection to get both parties ready to do the deed? Then it wouldnt seem like such a business deal, and people wouldnt get so nervous because baby making would just come naturally.

Thats how I have always felt about it. One guy a long time ago suggested lube and I was like "why do we need lube"? Then when he tried it, there was too much lubrication because I was already turned on thus I had my own lube, so with the combination he couldnt even actually feel it, so it was counter productive lol.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 22:59 PM   26
Butterfly89
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,617
Ugh, bacteria infections suck. I've never -technically- had BV, but I've had bacteria from a UTI travel there. It basically started from allergy to lube, turned to yeast, then from killing off all the healthy bacteria with Monistat, turned to UTI which went in obviously urinary tract, all the way to kidneys, and down there. Sucked. And took 4 months to get rid of, then came back last week when I started using Preseed! Ugh.

But so far so good. I took antibiotics for only 3 days but they were STRONG and now I feel better already, except the yeast is back, lol. Darn. I am really hopeful I can still use Preseed, maybe it was something else, but... not too hopeful. I heard good things about Slippery Stuff being sperm friendly and mild though. I think anything with glycerin = infection for me.

I am not using any OTC products though, just trying yogurt on a tampon, garlic pills, and Rephresh Pro-B pills, and cranberry! And eating yogurt. Sighhh. I hope it works because I know if I take Monistat or Canesten, it will probably start all over!

I have heard yogurt can help BV too and so can garlic cloves. It sounds weird, but I would totally try it if it came back. Except I know you have to use antibiotics for BV, but maybe use both?



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 23:39 PM   27
whimesy3
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly89 View Post
Ugh, bacteria infections suck. I've never -technically- had BV, but I've had bacteria from a UTI travel there. It basically started from allergy to lube, turned to yeast, then from killing off all the healthy bacteria with Monistat, turned to UTI which went in obviously urinary tract, all the way to kidneys, and down there. Sucked. And took 4 months to get rid of, then came back last week when I started using Preseed! Ugh.

But so far so good. I took antibiotics for only 3 days but they were STRONG and now I feel better already, except the yeast is back, lol. Darn. I am really hopeful I can still use Preseed, maybe it was something else, but... not too hopeful. I heard good things about Slippery Stuff being sperm friendly and mild though. I think anything with glycerin = infection for me.

I am not using any OTC products though, just trying yogurt on a tampon, garlic pills, and Rephresh Pro-B pills, and cranberry! And eating yogurt. Sighhh. I hope it works because I know if I take Monistat or Canesten, it will probably start all over!

I have heard yogurt can help BV too and so can garlic cloves. It sounds weird, but I would totally try it if it came back. Except I know you have to use antibiotics for BV, but maybe use both?
I have never had a UTI but I heard they suck! I have had a bladder infection, I dont know if that is similar, but that was the worst experience ever! They gave me some medicine that turned my pee orange lol. That was quite a long time ago, I believe I was 17.

I also heard that the medication given to cure a bacterial infection will cause a yeast infection. This happened to me recently, so I had a bacterial infection, then I got a yeast infection.. Took a 3 day cure for it, got my period and now I am on to this cycle.

Well my OH told me that he noticed some white stuff when we were BD'ing the other day, so I took a clove of garlic and inserted it to cure it. I did this because I heard it works quickly and its obviously not as messy as creams etc. I wanted to cure it quickly because we are TTC this month.

Well after I inserted it, I read that it can cause sores inside your vagina that wont heal, so like 5 minutes later, I went to retrieve it. When I did this, I did not notice any yeast that came out at all, but I did notice some EWCM...

So now I am all scared that I messed things up by putting the garlic in there to begin with, even though it was only in there for 5 minutes....



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 00:49 AM   28
Ash0619
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by whimesy3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly89 View Post
Ugh, bacteria infections suck. I've never -technically- had BV, but I've had bacteria from a UTI travel there. It basically started from allergy to lube, turned to yeast, then from killing off all the healthy bacteria with Monistat, turned to UTI which went in obviously urinary tract, all the way to kidneys, and down there. Sucked. And took 4 months to get rid of, then came back last week when I started using Preseed! Ugh.

But so far so good. I took antibiotics for only 3 days but they were STRONG and now I feel better already, except the yeast is back, lol. Darn. I am really hopeful I can still use Preseed, maybe it was something else, but... not too hopeful. I heard good things about Slippery Stuff being sperm friendly and mild though. I think anything with glycerin = infection for me.

I am not using any OTC products though, just trying yogurt on a tampon, garlic pills, and Rephresh Pro-B pills, and cranberry! And eating yogurt. Sighhh. I hope it works because I know if I take Monistat or Canesten, it will probably start all over!

I have heard yogurt can help BV too and so can garlic cloves. It sounds weird, but I would totally try it if it came back. Except I know you have to use antibiotics for BV, but maybe use both?
I have never had a UTI but I heard they suck! I have had a bladder infection, I dont know if that is similar, but that was the worst experience ever! They gave me some medicine that turned my pee orange lol. That was quite a long time ago, I believe I was 17.

I also heard that the medication given to cure a bacterial infection will cause a yeast infection. This happened to me recently, so I had a bacterial infection, then I got a yeast infection.. Took a 3 day cure for it, got my period and now I am on to this cycle.

Well my OH told me that he noticed some white stuff when we were BD'ing the other day, so I took a clove of garlic and inserted it to cure it. I did this because I heard it works quickly and its obviously not as messy as creams etc. I wanted to cure it quickly because we are TTC this month.

Well after I inserted it, I read that it can cause sores inside your vagina that wont heal, so like 5 minutes later, I went to retrieve it. When I did this, I did not notice any yeast that came out at all, but I did notice some EWCM...

So now I am all scared that I messed things up by putting the garlic in there to begin with, even though it was only in there for 5 minutes....
I doubt that could have hurt anything if it was just there for 5 minutes!! And I don't see how it could have messed up your hormones, which cause ovulation, etc. I think you should be fine. And I'm not 100% sure but I think a UTI is a bladder infection...UTI is Urinary Tract Infection, right? I think that's the same thing. My mom gets them a lot and drinks cranberry juice for it.

I went to the doctor for my first pap when I was 18 and she noticed too much white discharge and tested me for BV and it was positive. I took an anti-biotic and then I was fine!
But the sad part was, once the symptoms went away (itchiness and discharge), I realized that I had had those symptoms for at least a year, and just thought it was normal. UGH! I still can't believe I had it for so long and just dealt with it.



 
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 05:58 AM   29
dinky
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: bedfordshire, uk
Posts: 3,201
saliva can kill sperm, but i struggled for years to get pregnant and nothing happened. then i met my current partner who also loves giving oral and he did it all the time. almost every night! 6 months after getting with him i was pregnant! theres millions of sperm in there, it probably kills about 20% or so x



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 21:37 PM   30
Butterfly89
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,617
Yep, UTI = urinary tract infection so it includes urethra, bladder, ureters, etc. They hurrttt. I got my first one at 4 years old from not drinking enough fluids and not going pee enough (I was too shy to go at school, so I'd hold it ALL day, and also try not to drink so much so I wouldn't have to go... silly kid). It ended up going into my kidneys and causing issues, but they cleared it up. Then I didn't get one again until last year, so I feel pretty lucky lol. They said because of the scarring from the one as a kid, I am just more prone to them now and I also have skin allergies to quite a few things, so this combined = issues. They said for me its less external and more starts internally from imbalance. At least it made me feel better about my hygiene lol.

Once the bacteria starts in one place, it can travel down there. Bleh, it sucks. And yes, antibiotics often do cause yeast infections because they kill off a lot of healthy bacteria too, but they're a necessary evil, lol. I started getting itchiness around the time I ended my meds, so I used yogurt+tampon for ONE night and it cured it! It's an amazing remedy and a lot gentler than garlic. I took odourless garlic pills and cranberry orally too, 4 hours after my antibiotics to make sure there was no interfering. I also took Pro-B 2 hours after my antibiotics too, one pill twice a day like it recommends. I swear it worked!

I am finished my pills but I'm going to take the Pro-B, cranberry, garlic, etc for a few weeks at least! The only side effect of the garlic is a weird taste in the back of my throat, but oh well if it works.



 
Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
bad , female , oral , performed , sex , ttc

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



SEO by vBSEO