Forum Rules


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 15th, 2011, 03:54 AM   1
Jess.Taylor21
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Portsmouth, UK
Posts: 1,060

starting opks tomorrow just want to clear a few things up!


Im excited to say im starting my opks tomorrow! (sad i know!) basically i just wanted to ask a few questions so come tomorrow im clear in my mind exactly what im doing and not to screw things up lol!!

So the packet says to test in the mornings which im going to do at around 7am each morning as thats when im up! (btw im using Clear Blue digi ones!)

1. is this too early?

2. If i get a positive smiley am i to test again when i get home from work which is around 6pm or am i just to assume that i still have a smiley and drag my OH to bed?!

3. I am temping and CM checking (only just started) as well as opks so what are the key things to look for on my chart?! (i know about EWCM although dont think i get it!)

4. If i get a smiley face does that mean im O'ing or just having the surge (lead up to O)?

5. When i get a Positive test do i then keep testing or stop and if i do how long for?

Think thats just about everything! sorry its a bit long winded just want to give me and OH best chances of BFP this month xxx



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 15th, 2011, 04:22 AM   2
smokey
Mum (Mom)
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Surrey
Posts: 11,250
Iv only ever used the cheapy strips and nevr digi for opk's so some things may be slightly different but here goes.

1. is this too early? That time should be fine but check on the instuctions as the ones I have used have said not to use FMU but digi may be different

2. If i get a positive smiley am i to test again when i get home from work which is around 6pm or am i just to assume that i still have a smiley and drag my OH to bed?!
It is a little trial and eror at first, some women do need to test twice a day as their surge can happen so quickly so could get one esult in the morning and a different result in the evening but its more commen to only have to test once a day.
Either way grab him as soon as you can


3. I am temping and CM checking (only just started) as well as opks so what are the key things to look for on my chart?! (i know about EWCM although dont think i get it!)
I Have never actualy done temp but I think (someone correct me if im wrong) your looking for a sudden rise in temp, the EWCM you should be able to stretch it between your fingers about and inch or 2 without it breaking (it will feel like snot) and keep a feel out for a slight mild cramping feeling (not everyone gets this though)

4. If i get a smiley face does that mean im O'ing or just having the surge (lead up to O)?
Normaly means your about to OV within the next 24 hours roughtly (everyones different though so it can be anything from 6-48 hours) again its trial and error at first.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 15th, 2011, 05:00 AM   3
reeve
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cambridgeshire, England
Posts: 989
Thanks for asking these questions - and for the answers, theyve help me a little too

xx



Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 15th, 2011, 05:10 AM   4
Jess.Taylor21
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Portsmouth, UK
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey View Post
Iv only ever used the cheapy strips and nevr digi for opk's so some things may be slightly different but here goes.

1. is this too early? That time should be fine but check on the instuctions as the ones I have used have said not to use FMU but digi may be different

2. If i get a positive smiley am i to test again when i get home from work which is around 6pm or am i just to assume that i still have a smiley and drag my OH to bed?!
It is a little trial and eror at first, some women do need to test twice a day as their surge can happen so quickly so could get one esult in the morning and a different result in the evening but its more commen to only have to test once a day.
Either way grab him as soon as you can



3. I am temping and CM checking (only just started) as well as opks so what are the key things to look for on my chart?! (i know about EWCM although dont think i get it!)
I Have never actualy done temp but I think (someone correct me if im wrong) your looking for a sudden rise in temp, the EWCM you should be able to stretch it between your fingers about and inch or 2 without it breaking (it will feel like snot) and keep a feel out for a slight mild cramping feeling (not everyone gets this though)

4. If i get a smiley face does that mean im O'ing or just having the surge (lead up to O)?
Normaly means your about to OV within the next 24 hours roughtly (everyones different though so it can be anything from 6-48 hours) again its trial and error at first.
Thank you so much hun thats really really helped! i love how all the girlies on her are so helpful! i dont think theres ever been a post iv made that people havnt tried to help! it really keeps you going and motivated! (sorry bit off the subject but thought it needed mentioning!)

Im glad my questions helped you too! i always get the feeling my questions are stupid and im the only one thinking them so its nice to know im not the only one out there having the same thoughts! Lots of love and baby xx

P.S if anyone else has any other suggestions would be great to hear them!!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 15th, 2011, 06:01 AM   5
ocean_pearl
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London
Posts: 2,152
The opks I've bought say between 10am-8pm is best because of LH surge. Can I ask, are you going to use them everyday after your period even after you get a positive?

X



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 15th, 2011, 06:03 AM   6
ocean_pearl
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London
Posts: 2,152
Oh and good luck!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 15th, 2011, 06:10 AM   7
Jess.Taylor21
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Portsmouth, UK
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean_pearl View Post
The opks I've bought say between 10am-8pm is best because of LH surge. Can I ask, are you going to use them everyday after your period even after you get a positive?

X
Oh ok :-/ now im not sure of what to do! im at work by 9.15 so dont really want to do them then! unless i do them at 6pm every evening?! but thought that might be a bit late!? tbh im not sure whether to keep testing after a + or not! lol i suppose thats another Question to put on there! lol. Thanks and GL to you too! xx



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 15th, 2011, 07:02 AM   8
Donnaduggy
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Durham, UK
Posts: 75
Good luck with the OPK's Jess, I'm trying them for this first time this cycle too, I'm day 12 in to my 30 day cycle, think I'm going to start trying them from tomorrow as should be OV within the next 5 days according to my chart



Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 15th, 2011, 07:04 AM   9
Jess.Taylor21
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Portsmouth, UK
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnaduggy View Post
Good luck with the OPK's Jess, I'm trying them for this first time this cycle too, I'm day 12 in to my 30 day cycle, think I'm going to start trying them from tomorrow as should be OV within the next 5 days according to my chart
GL to you to hunni! Lots of sticky baby dust for you! be sure to let me know how you get on! xxx



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 15th, 2011, 07:52 AM   10
MommynWaiting
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 558
This is my 2nd month TTC and my 2nd month using OPKs. Last month I never saw a "true" positive, but I think that's because I was only testing one time a day (as I had a "nearly" positive test that went negative the next day). This month I am going to test twice a day, but I haven't figured out the times, yet, so this post is very valuable to me, as well. Thanks for posting this.

Good luck to you!!



 
Status: Offline
 

SEO by vBSEO