Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 8th, 2018, 09:45 AM   31
Hope16
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: US
Posts: 913
Mrnmrsm, that's great news! I hope this is your month! and what could be better timing than having Valentine's Day approaching.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 11:33 AM   32
Hope16
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: US
Posts: 913
Hey ladies ... thanks to anyone who still might be following along. I went in for blood work and an ultrasound today. The doctor said there was nothing in my uterus and my lining was a 2. So no need for a D&C. However there was a mass inside my right fallopian tube. It could be a blood clot left over from the bleed I had two weeks ago. The only way to tell if this mass is still an embryo is to see what my beta levels are doing. Last Monday they stalled out at 165. Today they came back at 90 which is a good sign it's potentially resolving itself.

I had a choice- either come back today and get the methotrexate shot to abort whatever might be lingering. Then I can't conceive for 3 months in order to avoid birth defects. Or come back sunday for bloodwork and ultrasound. They want to see if my numbers drop significantly again and to measure the mass. If it's shrinking or dissolved completely that's a good sign it's resolving on its own and not a risk of rupture.

I chose to wait until Sunday. I am so scared of needles and I really think it might be resolving on its own. Plus I don't want to inject myself with a chemotherapy drug that can cause birth defects. All of that scares me.

Do you think I've made the right choice?



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 11:37 AM   33
tankel
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 8,512
I for sure think you made the right choice. Worse come to worse, you can always get the shot after Sunday, right?



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 13:31 PM   34
Hope16
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: US
Posts: 913
yes, if the mass gets larger or if my hcg doesn't continue to drop naturally I will have to get the shot. I think with such low beta numbers, I am safe to wait another 2 days.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 10th, 2018, 13:09 PM   35
Mrnmrsm
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NW England
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope16 View Post
Mrnmrsm, that's great news! I hope this is your month! and what could be better timing than having Valentine's Day approaching.
Im not too fussed if its not as were ntnp for now im Due to ovulate between 13th & 16th so could well be a valentines baby!



 
Status: Online
 
Old Feb 12th, 2018, 09:48 AM   36
Hope16
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: US
Posts: 913
My numbers jumped from 90 to 190 so I was advised yesterday that I need to come in for the shot. They took my height, weight, temperature and blood pressure. I go back at noon and we will discuss the hcg levels and I will get the shot.

I woke up this morning and was bleeding again. I have tension on my left side which is weird because the ectopic mass is on my right side. I am a ball of emotions. Angry, sad, overwhelmed, scared. My husband just doesn't understand because it's not happening to him. He gets to be a spectator from the sidelines and I am the one that has to get poked for blood draws and get pumped with hormones. Now I have to get another big needle full of a chemotherapy drug that can cause birth defects. Plus I hate the idea of waiting another 3 months to try again. I am going to be 36 years old this August so a part of me feels like I'm racing the clock. It just seems so unfair.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 12th, 2018, 10:43 AM   37
tankel
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 8,512
Sorry, hope.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 12th, 2018, 13:20 PM   38
Hope16
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: US
Posts: 913
the shot wasn't too bad. they had to break the dose down into two needles, so I got one in each butt cheek. I iced my butt beforehand so I didn't feel a thing. I had a mini anxiety attack in the waiting room. my nerves are shot from so much worry. I'm glad this is almost all behind me. I have to go Friday for blood work to check my hcg level. today it was 130. hopefully by Friday it's cut by half.

I will update as I go along. thank you for all the well wishes. I appreciate the support.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 12th, 2018, 13:34 PM   39
tankel
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 8,512
Glad it wasn't too bad on you.



 
Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
ladies , ttc2

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



SEO by vBSEO